• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mareg

Hit my STEAM, hit me HARD !

My moneys are ready. Can't wait to get my monthly bank report with 3 pages of STEAM :lol

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
I need help with an account of mine:

I know the steam ID.
I don't know the password.
I know the verification code, as i have access to the email tied to the account.
I don't know the secret answer (i have tried every possible combination of my relative's surname, but no dice)

How could i retrieve my account?

1-D_FTW

I have a question about transferring your account to a new hard drive. I transferred my account to a second partition a while ago. Copy & paste. No issue. But I got another hard drive on Monday because I needed more space. I could copy the folder right over and delete the old with no problems. But for the moment, I want to keep the original folder on the off-chance the new hard drive craps out in the first week (you never now). Don't want to be left redownloading it all. Is there some kind of command that would let Steam know I want to run from the folder on my new HD?

EDIT: All I had to do is right-click the Steam shortcut in my Start Menu and change the drive letter to the new hd. Steam engineers are awesome. It's the most nuclear bomb proof program ever.

MNC

SuperÑ said:
I need help with an account of mine:

I know the steam ID.
I don't know the password.
I know the verification code, as i have access to the email tied to the account.
I don't know the secret answer (i have tried every possible combination of my relative's surname, but no dice)

How could i retrieve my account?
You need to send a steam support ticket, and it's best to have proof of a game connected to it (ie the orange box cd key code + photo of it)

I had the same thing, but I remembered my password thankfully :lol

Popstar

Grug said:
Is there any way to export/dump your Steam games list to some sort of file/html or something?
Log into your account @ steamcommunity.com, look at your list and then save the webpage perhaps?

deleted

Somethings really bothering me right now.
As most of us with many Steam games I made some categorys.

But as it is, when I open the library after the Steam startup, all categorys are open. "done" and "still have to play" shouldn't be.
It worked in the past, but after I started up Steam on my Laptop and on my desktop after that, I can't get it right.

What do I have to do, to keep certain categorys closed after a shutdown?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I swear I would NEVER buy a Burnout game after part II, but Paradise is $5! That's kind of ummm, a no-brainer :lol

Shaneus

isamu said:
I swear I would NEVER buy a Burnout game after part II, but Paradise is $5! That's kind of ummm, a no-brainer :lol
Seriously, what I wouldn't give for a "high-res" reboot/port of Burnout 2 for PC. That shit would be incredible.

PS. What's the consensus on RE5? I've always been turned off by the Codies' piss-filter but apparently the game isn't half-bad anyway. At least, might be worth a tenner.

Dynoro

Shaneus said:
Seriously, what I wouldn't give for a "high-res" reboot/port of Burnout 2 for PC. That shit would be incredible.

PS. What's the consensus on RE5? I've always been turned off by the Codies' piss-filter but apparently the game isn't half-bad anyway. At least, might be worth a tenner.
I gave RE5 a go last time it was on sale and it does look stunning on the PC - I couldn't get used to the horrible tank controls (on 360 gamepad or kb/m) so gave up very quickly though.

Shaneus

Awesome, sounds like a miss then. I figured that I'd never really wanted it before, had zero desire to play it, but... you know... Steam sales :lol

Thanks!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Dynoro said:
I gave RE5 a go last time it was on sale and it does look stunning on the PC - I couldn't get used to the horrible tank controls (on 360 gamepad or kb/m) so gave up very quickly though.
I actually got used to the controls and was about as good as I could be using the second kb/m control scheme (which is probably superior to the gamepad), but later when the game gets hard the controls are just unforgivable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BobsRevenge said:
I actually got used to the controls and was about as good as I could be using the second kb/m control scheme (which is probably superior to the gamepad), but later when the game gets hard the controls are just unforgivable.
I played through RE5 on normal with just AI the first time on mouse and keyboard and it was retardedly easy.

My second playthrough was real co-op and I used a pad and we played on hard and it was absolutely perfectly balanced.

Salaadin

Dynoro said:

The whole not being able to move while shooting killed it for me. I made it to the end and thought it was an alright game but it just had this stiffness to its control. Kinda felt like I was playing a game from 7 years ago.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Salaadin said:
The whole not being able to move while shooting killed it for me. I made it to the end and thought it was an alright game but it just had this stiffness to its control. Kinda felt like I was playing a game from 7 years ago.
I like the controls, not everything has to be run and gun, but I disliked the forced co-op. I played 'local' co-op with my brother on the first couple of levels and it was a lot of fun, but single player co-op is annoying.

Whoever bought Humble Bundle #2 gets #1 as well. FUCKING FREE

Dear Humble Indie Bundle customer, I would just like to personally thank you for your support in making the Humble Indie Bundle #2 even more successful than the first one. As thanks, I have added the Humble Indie Bundle #1 into your bundle. If you go to your personal download page, you will find the following games waiting for you:

- World of Goo (now a top seller on the iPad)
- Aquaria
- Gish
- Lugaru HD
- Penumbra Overture
- Samorost 2

Happy holidays! They're (mostly) redeemable on Steam too, if you would like to link them to your account.

If this kind of thing makes you happy, please feel free to add a little more to your Humble Bundle purchase (you can help bring up the average on your download page) and keep spreading the word!

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Rosen

edit:
Note: we only have 150,000 keys at the moment, so please only redeem if you need it. Samorost 2 and the Mac versions of Aquaria and Gish are not included, although we would like to fix this.

Man, that was a pleasant surprise today, finding out I just got even more good games in addition to the ones I already downloaded.

So did everybody who already bought the Humble Indie pack #2 prior to today receive the games from HI#1, regardless of how much they donated?

dLMN8R

Hilarious/interesting/sad reading related to Steam.

Yesterday, some guy posted this to Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/epq76/i_know_everyone_thinks_valve_is_the_shit_and/

I and thousands of others totally bought the story, and I totally sympathized with the guy. I love Steam, and have luckily never had to deal with their support, but this opened my eyes to how horrible the story for some seems when it comes to VAC bans. I was disappointed and disheartened to see Valve act this way.

Fast-forward to this morning, and you'll notice the top-rated comments on that story paint quite a different picture. Those comments weren't there until way early this morning.

Then I saw this on the front page:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/epup3/regarding_dragonshadows_modern_warfare_2_vac_ban/

:lol what a fucking pathetic piece of crap, the original author :lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
dLMN8R said:
Yeah its jerks like these who make the system so perilous for everyone else. They'll just out and out lie to everyone and claim their innocence making it impossible to judge anyone as actually innocent.
I honestly don't understand hackers at all, just don't see the point. Every now and then on Bad Company 2 I will see someone go 76-3 or something ridiculous when the next best score is 15-10, and everyone knows they are hacking. I don't even bother to get mad, because I have to imagine that the only upside to hacking is annoying other people, I just quit and find a new game.

MNC

1-D_FTW said:
I have a question about transferring your account to a new hard drive. I transferred my account to a second partition a while ago. Copy & paste. No issue. But I got another hard drive on Monday because I needed more space. I could copy the folder right over and delete the old with no problems. But for the moment, I want to keep the original folder on the off-chance the new hard drive craps out in the first week (you never now). Don't want to be left redownloading it all. Is there some kind of command that would let Steam know I want to run from the folder on my new HD?

EDIT: All I had to do is right-click the Steam shortcut in my Start Menu and change the drive letter to the new hd. Steam engineers are awesome. It's the most nuclear bomb proof program ever.
Holy shit, this works? Where did you exactly change the drive letter?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
dLMN8R said:
Hilarious/interesting/sad reading related to Steam.

Yesterday, some guy posted this to Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/epq76/i_know_everyone_thinks_valve_is_the_shit_and/

I and thousands of others totally bought the story, and I totally sympathized with the guy. I love Steam, and have luckily never had to deal with their support, but this opened my eyes to how horrible the story for some seems when it comes to VAC bans. I was disappointed and disheartened to see Valve act this way.

Fast-forward to this morning, and you'll notice the top-rated comments on that story paint quite a different picture. Those comments weren't there until way early this morning.

Then I saw this on the front page:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/epup3/regarding_dragonshadows_modern_warfare_2_vac_ban/

vac.jpg

Salaadin

Can anyone help me get BFBC2 to boot? I click it, it starts to load and then just crashes. No error, event viewer is clean as well. I tried running in Admin and using the direct link in steamapps but that didnt help any.

Win7 64bit
i5 750
ATI Radeom HD5850
4GBs DDR3

Any ideas?

EDIT: Turns out I have to run it in DX9 mode.

EDIT 2: Turns out that it doesnt like d3doverrider. Once I turned Vsync off for the bfbc2 exe, its fine now even in dx11.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Fucking 1C Company releases 16:9 support patch for Crossworlds, but not Armored Princess? WHAT THE FUCK. DAMNIT I HATE THESE PEOPLE.

Dreohboy

JonStark said:
Is mass effect 2 deluxe at 14 bucks a deal ?

The original is that price and it came out two years before. I don't think it'll be cheaper than $14 anywhere for the next two years, and the third one is coming out next Xmas.

I say go for it. As a matter of fact, I'd say get 1 and 2 if you haven't already.

Dreohboy said:
The original is that price and it came out two years before. I don't think it'll be cheaper than $14 anywhere for the next two years, and the third one is coming out next Xmas.

I say go for it. As a matter of fact, I'd say get 1 and 2 if you haven't already.

Thanks ! I already got the first 1 in the EA sale last year for like 5 bucks.

Dreohboy

Mass Effect 2 or Darksiders

Mass Effect 2 or Darksiders

Mass Effect 2 or Darksiders....

Grrr..... I fricken just bought a new hard drive for $50. Can't go spending a crap load on games I won't play for a year.

Damn you STEAM!!!!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
just a real quick question on recettear: at the end of each dungeon it's almost like it makes you pick an item or something? at first i thought this was b/c i had 21/20, but this time i had 17 and it still seemed like i was picking something. what is that?

confused

Banned
Looking for a US GAFfer to gift me Mass effect 2. In return I will gift you Darksiders or any other game for $10

SteamID is Zaangamer

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
reposting for the new page:

just a real quick question on recettear: at the end of each dungeon it's almost like it makes you pick an item or something? at first i thought this was b/c i had 21/20, but this time i had 17 and it still seemed like i was picking something. what is that?

Instro

AstroLad said:
reposting for the new page:

At the end of of the dungeon it just shows you everything you collected in the dungeon, more importantly it also identifies all the unidentified items you picked up. That confused me at first too, the only time you have to pick something is if you die in the dungeon.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'll double dip on Darksiders at that price. I haven't heard great things about the PC port, though.

I might check out Patrician IV, too. I hope it's not overly complicated/user unfriendly.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
confused said:
Looking for a US GAFfer to gift me Mass effect 2. In return I will gift you Darksiders or any other game for $10

SteamID is Zaangamer

Sure thing!

I'm going to buy through the browser since I'm at work. Do you want it sent to your SteamID or to an email?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Zefah said:
I think I'll double dip on Darksiders at that price. I haven't heard great things about the PC port, though.
The main problem was the lack of AA, but that was fixed through driver updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom