• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talamius

Omiee said:
is it to late to get into team fortress 2 cuz im thinking of getting it from steam and playing with some guys from gaf

As stated above, TF2 is very easy to pick up and play. Most of the classes do just fine with their default loadouts.

SmokyDave

Subscribing this time around.

Boney said:
*sighs* I really should start using steam..
Hell yeah you should. I only discovered it's bountiful joys a week ago and I'm like a kid at xmas. The Quakecon pack was crazy.

Don't suppose anyone wants to swap Starcraft 2 LE key I got for free (which I assume includes the WoW pet, exclusive downloads from Battle.net) for a Steam game? I've done multiple group buys and purchases for Steam GAFers before so in a sense I am 'legit'.

PM or add me on Steam if you are interested.

edit. Yasser and I are trading SC2 for a Fallout New Vegas.

dream

SmokyDave said:
Subscribing this time around.

Hell yeah you should. I only discovered it's bountiful joys a week ago and I'm like a kid at xmas. The Quakecon pack was crazy.

Wait until it's actually Christmas...

tjohn86 said:
Cryostasis runs and looks like shit. I wasted $4 on it.
Looks quite nice imo but it is indeed not one of the best optimized games around. You should fiddle a bit with the settings - it sure has a great atmosphere.

Red

vocab said:
Runs better than GTAIV.

That's good enough for me.
You go out of your way to say this over and over again. I can run GTAIV with all settings but shadows maxed at 60 fps, but Cryostasis still chugs when I play it. Why is this even a comparison, anyway?

derFeef

Borderlands sale, nice. Buddy will be mad though as he picked up retail for "cheap" a few weeks ago and now misses out on the cheap DLC´s as well.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Is Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood any good? The trailer looked sort of meh, but I did laugh when the guy went into sniper scope mode and headshot a dude and then headshot a chicken.

Capndrake

I'd like to do a Borderlands four-pack with Visualante and two others, anybody else game? Would be about $8 each. PM me if you want to join.

EDIT: All filled.

Htown said:
Is Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood any good? The trailer looked sort of meh, but I did laugh when the guy went into sniper scope mode and headshot a dude and then headshot a chicken.

It's a turd.

Think there's a demo out there somewhere for it.

Valve said:
Pre-Purchase Now - Darksiders
Product Release

Pre-Purchase Darksiders now and receive Titan Quest Gold for free!

Play as "War" – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – who stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4209/

Release date is September 23, 2010 for $39.99.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Htown said:

Played it for 10 minutes and never went back. I got it for some silly price, maybe I'll try it again one day... Yeah.

Crunched said:
You go out of your way to say this over and over again. I can run GTAIV with all settings but shadows maxed at 60 fps, but Cryostasis still chugs when I play it. Why is this even a comparison, anyway?
All settings? Draw distance etc.? What kind of rig do you have? I can run Cryostasis fine but GTAIV chugs at highest settings - 5850 and AMD quad 3.4 here.

IMACOMPUTA

Phife Dawg said:
All settings? Draw distance etc.? What kind of rig do you have? I can run Cryostasis fine but GTAIV chugs at highest settings - 5850 and AMD quad 3.4 here.
I have a 5850 and an i5 750 @ 3.2 Ghz
and I can run GTA at practically maxed settings (besides shadows) with SSAA on (mod) and get like 35-40 fps.
And it looks great.

I just recently watched some scary snowy movies and it put me in the mood to play cryostasis. Plus i want to try out physx stuff.

Sciz

lastplayed said:
Holy crap, finally! I've been holding out for this. Any idea how long it'll last?
Depends on how much you end up liking it. I'm approaching 200 hours, but that's with quite a lot of time invested on all four characters.

IMACOMPUTA said:
I have a 5850 and an i5 750 @ 3.2 Ghz
and I can run GTA at practically maxed settings (besides shadows) with SSAA on (mod) and get like 35-40 fps.
And it looks great.

I just recently watched some scary snowy movies and it put me in the mood to play cryostasis. Plus i want to try out physx stuff.
I get around 30+ as well but it does dip and is not as smooth as Cryostasis and it certainly is a far cry from 60 FPS.

Sciz said:
Depends on how much you end up liking it. I'm approaching 200 hours, but that's with quite a lot of time invested on all four characters.

Sorry, I meant the how long will the sale last. :p

I used to have Borderlands on Xbox, but been waiting to try it out on my new PC.

denomes

Who's down for a Borderlands 4-pack? Would someone be willing to set one up?

Also, is the DLC really necessary? Is there one that raises the level cap?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Zombie - 1 claptrap upgrade.
Moxxi - 2 character skill points + item bank.
Knoxx - Level cap raised to 11.

I suppose Knoxx is the one you would want the most... but if they're all on sale anyway, why not get them all?

Sciz

lastplayed said:
Sorry, I meant the how long will the sale last. :p

I used to have Borderlands on Xbox, but been waiting to try it out on my new PC.
Oh. Er, through Thursday, I think. Don't quote me on that, I don't follow Steam sales as closely as the thread regulars.

MNC

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is anyone looking forward to worms reloaded? I'm thinking about getting it.
I definitely am, but the price is far too steep. The game has to be fucking awesome though, hope alot of people buy it so online will be a bit populated.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sonofabitch, curse you Steam sales.

Bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom