• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSL4INx

I picked up Borderlands after holding out for very long, and I'm enjoying it way more than I ever thought I would. I'm thinking about picking up some of the DLC since it's really cheap right now vs waiting for a sale later, and one never happening. So, with that said, what is the best DLC for Borderlands if I was just going to get one of them? From what I've read, it seems as though the underground armory of General Knoxx seems to be the best of the three content wise, with the Moxxi one being pretty much just a multiplayer expansion.

What say you GAF?

Grug

klez said:
I'm down for a borderlands 4 pack if anyone's interested. I can even start the 4 pack (in Canada) if needed.

I'm definitely in. I'm in Australia so I am in unfair pricing land.

Just need 2 more peeps.

Shaneus

Grug said:
I'm definitely in. I'm in Australia so I am in unfair pricing land.

Just need 2 more peeps.
How much is it? Not that I need another FPS but if it's cheap (I had no idea it was on sale) I'll probably be in. I'm from AU too :)

When does the Borderlands sale end? My buddy and I picked up the DLC and my other friend wants to as well but doesn't get paid till Friday.

klez

Shaneus said:
How much is it? Not that I need another FPS but if it's cheap (I had no idea it was on sale) I'll probably be in. I'm from AU too :)

US 30.58 for 4 people comes to 7.60 each (to the tenth). I'd like paypals if you AU guys are interested.

Shaneus

klez said:
US 30.58 for 4 people comes to 7.60 each (to the tenth). I'd like paypals if you AU guys are interested.
Given that I had it on 360 and didn't really like it, I can't justify spending that much on it (odd on numerous accounts, I know)... couldn't really spend more than a fiver.

G_Berry

Banned
Hey I'm in for the Blands 4 pack. Aussie here with Paypal ready to go. PM me steam details and we can get this shit started!!!

IMACOMPUTA

So, i was gone all day and just found out that EVGA and NVIDIA were giving away steam keys for Cryostasis.
FUCK!!!!
Thats the only game i'm thinking of buying right now and i could have gotten it for free!!??

Anyone snatch a key and wanna trade it/give it away?
I'll love you long time.:D

Chris R

Hoping the DLC goes on sale again during bf week or winter sale. I bought the base game and Knoxx back when the last sale happened and will need to get the other two DLCs sometime in the future now
to complete the achievements :<

Daigoro

rhfb said:
Hoping the DLC goes on sale again during bf week or winter sale. I bought the base game and Knoxx back when the last sale happened and will need to get the other two DLCs sometime in the future now
to complete the achievements :<

you know it will. by xmas at the latest, im sure it will be back on sale.

Chris R

Daigoro said:
you know it will. by xmas at the latest, im sure it will be back on sale.
Ya I'm just not playing the game enough right now to spend the money on the other DLC. After I get through SCII and some other games I'll pick BL up again.

Kaizen

Grug said:
Sweet, that's the 4 accounted for.

Ready to send money via Paypal whenever I get details. :D
Damn i'm always too late :(
is there anyone else interested in a borderlands 4 pack?

Cmagus

Hmmm I bought Borderlands Mad Moxxi but they seem to be out of keys which kinda sucks I was hoping to play it hopefully they get some more soon

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Domstercool said:
hmm some Stalker pack came on and off on steam, guess that is going to be the weekend deal.

It's still showing in my Specials list:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC Weekend Special Bundle (good thru Aug. 23)
75% off, or £6.24 in the UK

2mp0d5c.png

Cmagus said:
Hmmm I bought Borderlands Mad Moxxi but they seem to be out of keys which kinda sucks I was hoping to play it hopefully they get some more soon

Let me ask a question about this keys business. I've bought games on Steam that have keys like this but have not installed them yet. When does MY key get assigned? When I buy the game, or when I finally get around to installing it? Because I'd hate to have a game on Steam for months and then not be able to install it whenever I finally get to it.

Stitch

Gold Member
anyone doing a 4 pack purchase? i want to get borderlands but they are only selling me a censored version... even the dlc is censored lol

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Let me ask a question about this keys business. I've bought games on Steam that have keys like this but have not installed them yet. When does MY key get assigned? When I buy the game, or when I finally get around to installing it? Because I'd hate to have a game on Steam for months and then not be able to install it whenever I finally get to it.

Keys are assigned at the time of purchase. If Valve ran out of keys then it is assigned as soon as they obtain them.

You can check your key by right clicking on a title and select view key.

Valve said:
Use Paysafecard on Steam and Receive a Free Copy of Portal
Press Releases

Valve Welcomes paysafecard to Steam

Valve today announced that Steam, a leading worldwide platform for PC and Mac games, has added paysafecard to its collection of payment options for customers in many European countries. In celebration, customers who spend 20€ / &#8356;20 on Steam using paysafecard will receive a free copy of Portal™, the ground-breaking title that earned over 40 Game of the Year Awards, when they shop before August 25th.

Supported countries include: Austria, Belgium, The Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and The United Kingdom.

The addition of paysafecard makes it easier than ever to purchase and play any of the 1,200-plus games available via Steam from leading publishers and developers around the world.

For more information about this promotional offer, please visit www.steamgames.com/paysafecard.

About paysafecard group
The paysafecard group, founded in 2000 in Austria and Germany, operate in 25 countries worldwide with offices in Vienna, London, Bern and Buenos Aires. With their successful online prepaid vouchers, the group have established themselves as Europe’s leading provider for prepaid payment solutions. In 2009 the group won awards for being the ‘Leading Prepaid Organisation’ and the ‘Best Prepaid Company outside USA.’ For more information, please visit www.paysafecard.com.

awesome! stalker goes on sale the weekend i lose my job and now theres no way my wife is going to let me spend money on video games

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The_Inquisitor said:
How good is the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series? I am interested on shooting on this too.

This.

Is it kinda like Metro 2033?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
eznark said:
nevermind, thought you asked which those were

Yea I messed up :D

They should just do a all 3 game pack if there doing the 3rd with the first. Everyone pretty much already owns the first one compared to the others i would assume.

Stitch

Gold Member
Stitch said:
anyone doing a 4 pack purchase? i want to get borderlands but they are only selling me a censored version... even the dlc is censored lol

or could someone gift me the game + general knoxx dlc + dr. ned dlc?

i have paypal and lot's of money
pretty please with sugar on top!

meh, deal is over

JoeMartin

Shadow of Chernobyl (with the Complete 2012 mod - installs with an exe, very easy/not messy) is one of the best experiences to be had in gaming. Call of Pripyat was a good expansion on a good universe, and is perfectly fine without any mods. Definitely a worthy successor if you're looking for more Stalker.

Clear Sky is entirely skippable if you're not interested in some backstory on the zone, as while the game does start out very good, it quickly turns into shit and stays shit all the way to the end.

calder

DMPrince said:
What's up with Steam lately :\
God I'm having no luck logging in tonight, and it keeps rejecting a purchase. Just called Visa to see wtf I was doing wrong and they say they don't see any attempted transactions, and Steam keeps saying the CC is declined. WTF. Now I'm trying to log in to the admin panel to see if I have my shipping address wrong (can't imagine as I've used my visa dozens of times before, but I'm at a loss) and that won't load, keeps telling me my login was unsuccessful... but I'm already logged in? Anyone else having problems?

Hinomura

I'm having problems logging in too... (EU)

EDIT

Now login is perfectly working... they've hadded a further check in the login page.

Zachack

Pankaks said:
This.

Is it kinda like Metro 2033?
Kinda sorta but not. It is worth getting (and installing the Complete 2009 mod). One of these days I'll actually beat it.

Offhand I'd say it's closer to Borderlands than (what I played of) Metro. But that's not a good comparison, either.

Maybe... like Mount & Blade but with guns and more post-apocalyptic (although not actually post-apoc) and a story but no leveling or armies or castles but with crazy invisible mutants and scarier.

Just buy it.

RedSwirl

Dark Stalkers said:
I wish they sold them separately as I already have SoC.

Same here, but this deal still basically means half-off of Call of Pripyat (even though I haven't even started Shadow of Chernobyl yet). Do you get a gift if you already own one of the games?

Dizzy-4U

I bought Borderlands + all the dlc but for some reason I don't have the key of one of them. Is this a normal issue with steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom