• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

O.DOGG said:
So how good is Magicka? I've been thinking about it but it hasn't piqued my interest. I may buy the complete version that's on sale now.

best co-op game since l4d, if you have 3 other friends then's it's going to be a blast, even at the original price you get a lot of game play if you just play it once . I kinda just wished it was harder

(might just buy one or two copies of Magicka for future bday presents)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
snoopeasystreet said:
Would have picked up the Bioshocks if I didn't have to reset my credit card because I lost my wallet yesterday :/

Bioshock 2 is way underrated.

Let me know your Steam information and I'll gift you both, you can gift me something off my wishlist or just Paypal me the money when you get your new credit card in the mail. Just send me a PM here.

LyR

Banned
thank god I waited, almost bought Bioshock 2 for 15 euros last christmas sale ...

4,99 is the way to go (wow, I sound so cheap)

Sanic

Mechanically Bioshock 2 is superior to the first and was a bit underrated in that regard I thought. Level design is a bit of a toss up, story and such favors BS1.

Stumpokapow said:
Let me know your Steam information and I'll gift you both, you can gift me something off my wishlist or just Paypal me the money when you get your new credit card in the mail. Just send me a PM here.

Ah you're alright. My friend just bought them for me. Thanks though :) You're my favourite mod.

I think I'll bite on this one. I'm in the Bioshock didn't need a sequel camp but $5 is too good to pass up and I've heard nothing but great things about Minerva's den.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ickman3400 said:
Also, I seem to be getting a 200-300mb patch for Empire Total War on Steam but no news as to what it is yet. Anyone know?

I'd like to know what this patch is as well....

MoFuzz

Stallion Free said:
Btw Bioshock has pretty much perfect pad support for the 360 pad while Bioshock 2 has jackshit.
In addition, thanks to talented programmers & thorough play testing, mouse support in both games is equally piss poor.

Thanks for being consistent 2K!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MoFuzz said:
In addition, thanks to talented programmers & thorough play testing, mouse support in both games is equally piss poor.

Thanks for being consistent 2K!
The best part is where they claimed they improved the feel of the mouse and keyboard when they actually didn't. And then they claimed they redesigned the interface for MKB so that's why we couldn't have proper pad support even though Bioshock 1 straight up switched the interface over when you toggled on the 360 pad in the settings.

Stallion Free said:
Btw Bioshock has pretty much perfect pad support for the 360 pad while Bioshock 2 has jackshit.

What? NOOOOO. I bought bioshock 2 thinking "hey it's a modern game it must have good pad support". Son of a bitch >.<

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Mr. Spinnington said:
which is fine since bioshock 2 can be played with kb/m

Yeah, I don't get the hate. The game plays fine with a keyboard/mouse. This isn't Dead Space, there isn't some 500 millisecond delay between moving the mouse and your character sloooowly turning.

Salsa

Alright im gonna be the cheap ass gamer here and organize a Bioshock 2 four pack BUT the gaffer who buys the pack to distribute needs to know that i can pay up later this week since my payday keeps getting delayed and i have a new debit card that still needs to be activated (by puting money into it), end of this week i should be getting my money, otherwise i'll quit, lol.

Bioshock 2 Four-Pack

- SalsaShark
-
-
-

MoFuzz

Campster said:
Yeah, I don't get the hate. The game plays fine with a keyboard/mouse. This isn't Dead Space, there isn't some 500 millisecond delay between moving the mouse and your character sloooowly turning.
If "plays fine" means "feels like shit" then yes, that is the case. There's all sorts of mouse smoothing, acceleration and god knows what else going on in that game by default. You can tweak it a bit through the config files, but after messing around with various settings, the mouse never did end up feeling quite right for me compared to other games.

FlyinJ said:
Which is great unless you want to play on your couch in front of the TV.
then you would have bought the console version

not sure why anyone in a steam thread would bitch about having to use kb/m to play an fps, especially when we all had this talk a year ago when bioshock 2 came out

also
jzBUe.jpg

Salsa

SalsaShark said:
Alright im gonna be the cheap ass gamer here and organize a Bioshock 2 four pack BUT the gaffer who buys the pack to distribute needs to know that i can pay up later this week since my payday keeps getting delayed and i have a new debit card that still needs to be activated (by puting money into it), end of this week i should be getting my money, otherwise i'll quit, lol.

Bioshock 2 Four-Pack

- SalsaShark
-
-
-

new page

Foliorum Viridum said:
Ever had one of those days?

I fancied playing Oblivion... but I got a glitch where I couldn't start a new game.

So then I tried to play the original Bioshock and it kept freezing on the load screen.

PC gaming can still be shit.

If you're trying to play those games with Vista 64bit or Windows 7 64bit, you could try running the executables in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 3. I had issues with the Fallout 3 GotY where the game would run fine on the initial install and first play session but the launcher would crash on every successive attempt at playing the game. Game ran fine in compatibility mode, Steam just didn't run in the background.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SalsaShark said:

Bioshock 2 Four-Pack

- SalsaShark
- jj984jj
-
-
I'm in if we can find someone to host.

Mr. Spinnington said:
then you would have bought the console version

not sure why anyone in a steam thread would bitch about having to use kb/m to play an fps, especially when we all had this talk a year ago when bioshock 2 came out

Because I want to play the game with a controller, no comfy couch or anything (actually, I'm in a slightly uncomfortable computer chair), that's just how I play pc games.

FlyinJ said:
Which is great unless you want to play on your couch in front of the TV.

If you really want to sit on the couch then pick up the 360 or PS3 version for $12.99 at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016BVYA2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

But keybd/mouse is great for Bioshock 2.

I do sometimes use a controller in FPS games if they have driving since driving is much better with a controller. For example, I played Mafia 2 pretty much with a controller.

lol you all want the four-pack but non of you have the money to pay right now, that's not a very attractive business proposition.
I am broke too :(

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The Omega Man said:
lol you all want the four-pack but non of you have the money to pay right now, that's not a very attractive business proposition.
I am broke too :(

I have $3.75 but not $15 :c

Sanic

I wasn't sure what point you were trying to make and was just making sure you didn't miss how much money he actually had :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom