• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

Bioshock 4-Pack
-Xero Sauce
-Lugnut
-.nimrod
-ClosingADoor

I've PM'd everyone in here, sorry if you didn't make it. Add me to Steam if you haven't already so I can set up a group chat.

Bold is confirmed in. If I can't find the other two I'll open it up again.

kswiston

cicero said:
All the Sonic games AND Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine were added for free to anyone who already owned the Sega Classics pack. I can't find any reference in the update notes or steam news though.

Too bad they didn't add in the Phantasy Star titles. I have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360, but I would like to have copies of the games on my laptop.

shuyin_

Banned
BloodySinner said:
I will host the Bioshock 2 4-Pack. Is anyone interested?
I am interested. I will paypall you the money tomorrow (it's night in this part of europe, so i'll go to sleep in about 2 hours)

The Magicka sale is really good, if you are interested the complete pack is a great buy.
How is Vietnam? Anyone playing or about to play? Cause I'd like to join :D

DarthWufei said:
Got Magicka, would love to play with some peeps. My SID is Anathema05

What's your screenname or the link to your profile?

An-Det

Still at work, but totally buying the Magicka combo when I get home. I've been waiting ofr it to go on sale, and with it combined with Vietnam and the dlc, that is perfect for me.

I didnt notice the sale until today though, what was on sale yesterday?

XeroSauce

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Is there any way I can stop Steam automatically downloading game updates?

It's really annoying.

Right-Click the game > Updates > Do Not Automactically Update This Game

XeroSauce

ClosingADoor said:
Mafia sale was yesterday.

Check your PMs, mate.

Mafia II sale was yesterday but even at $10, the story was arse and the gameplay was meh. There's a reason why GTA IV doesn't have "chapters", because it sucks getting everything reset.

XeroSauce said:
Right-Click the game > Updates > Do Not Automactically Update This Game

So I have to do it one by one?

Bleh.

4RB53.jpg

Forkball

Ok, I can't play any Steam games now. When I click on a game, the gray box saying "Preparing to launch [game title]" appears, but nothing happens. This happens to all my games. It worked fine yesterday and I didn't install anything new or make any changes to my computer. I first tried it today after the potato games updated, I don't know how that could cause it though.

Echoplx

Forkball said:
Ok, I can't play any Steam games now. When I click on a game, the gray box saying "Preparing to launch [game title]" appears, but nothing happens. This happens to all my games. It worked fine yesterday and I didn't install anything new or make any changes to my computer. I first tried it today after the potato games updated, I don't know how that could cause it though.

Really obvious but restart Steam/PC?

Zimbardo

items i've grabbed in the last two days:

Mafia 1 (already own Mafia 2 and the DLC)
Magicka Complete Pack
Humble Bundle 3

not a bad way to start the week.

i already own Bioshock 2 on pc and Bioshock 1 on xbox ...tho i'm somewhat tempted to buy part 1 on pc now.

MRORANGE

http://www.humblebundle.com/

games in pack:

Trine
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds Survivor
Splot
Jack Claw

the games can be registered on steam, plus the two new games should be added after there developed
remember the money does go to charity, so please give as much as you can

LugNut74

Just wanted to put in a good word for BloodySinner. He hooked me up with a bioshock 2 4-pack and it went beyond smoothly. Thanks mate.

bucknuticus said:
Grrrr why steam do you make over think spending $5 so much. I cant decide if I should buy Maigcka or not.

Try the demo, it gives you good impressions of the game, it shows both the mechanics and the humour. Imo it's best played with others, friendly fire can be hilarious in this game.

Also, you might as well buy the complete pack, great deal :)

Sarcasm

OmegaDragon said:
Try the demo, it gives you good impressions of the game, it shows both the mechanics and the humour. Imo it's best played with others, friendly fire can be hilarious in this game.

Unless they changed it the Demo version is out dated and piss poor performance compared to retail/bought version.

May be wrong.

Peerbreed

Neo Member
Quite an eventful Steam day. The Sega classic pack has updated with the Sonic titles! I'm glad that they honored that. This is just one of the many reason I'm such a happy customer.

I donated $5 to the Humble Frozenbyte bundle. Only $5 because I already own Trine. Can't wait to try Shadowgrounds. Anyone have any experience with it?

I also purchased Magicka:Vietnam. The expansion is what peak my interest in Magicka in the first place. If anyone wants to play my Steam ID is Peerbreed. Feel free to add me.

OmegaDragon said:

How long is Magicka anyway?

Weenerz

Banned
Portal 2 preloading, fuck yes we're so close.

Also, had a good chuckle when I read my rss feeds and the 15 new items from Steam were 14 games that I own getting an update and the 15th being Portal 2 pre-loads lol.

krzy123

The M.O.B said:
Anybody got a Bioshock 2 4-pack going??? or want to start one?

Im a cheapo :D

I haven't done one before but, I can host a 4 pack if two more are interested.

- myself
- The M.O.B
-
-

kswiston

Some Questions:

1) Does GAF have a master list of Steam IDs for those of us looking for people to play with/share top scores with? I know people will post their IDs in this thread, but those get buried within a day.

2) If there isn't already a list, would people be interested in me starting a Google Doc for it?

EDIT: I guess the Community board is no longer private.

Salsa

kswiston said:
Some Questions:

1) Does GAF have a master list of Steam IDs for those of us looking for people to play with/share top scores with? I know people will post their IDs in this thread, but those get buried within a day.

2) If there isn't already a list, would people be interested in me starting a Google Doc for it? I could post it here, or on the Community Board to avoid unregistered lurkers.

I think there's a more general thread in Community, like of every ID. PSN/XBLA/Wii friend code/Steam.

I think a Steam based one would be neat, go for it.

Still waiting on the update that lets me put friends on different custom made folders though, i want a GAF label in there :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom