• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, oh, did you see this? Did you see? Men of war on sale! 3 froggin bucks! I'll grab it. Good thing i didn't purchased it yesterday.
Still not sure 'bout Dwarfs?!

It's just going to be console commands related to whatever new thing they add tonight.

Probably based off of replays.

I highly doubt it'll be something like new physics or a major engine overhaul.

Echoplx

Stallion Free said:
Well obviously.

Y8qZq.jpg

balladofwindfishes said:
It's just going to be console commands related to whatever new thing they add tonight.

Probably based off of replays.

I highly doubt it'll be something like new physics or a major engine overhaul.
What are you talkin' about guys? I just missed the whole thing.

just picked up ME1 for $5.

cannot for the life of me get the MASSive screen tearing to stop, or even lessen.

6870 1GB OC
Phenom II X4 2.8ghz
4GB DDR21066

playing on 720p with all settings low. tears just as much as everything maxed out. tried disabling/enabling vsync each time i tweaked settings. :(

Fredescu

Hero said:
Mass Effect 1 and 2 on sale today. PC versions good?
They're great. The lack of native gamepad support is the only problem that might annoy some people, since the games were clearly made with them in mind. They're perfectly playable with kb/m though. ME1 in particular is leagues ahead of the console version.

vocab

Hero said:
Mass Effect 1 and 2 on sale today. PC versions good?

The first one has its fair share of problems, but it's better than the xbox 360 version by a mile. The second one is pretty much flawless except some low res textures here and there.

BioHazard

http://www.bazajaytee.com/2011/05/04/is-battlefield-2142-ever-coming-to-steam/

Is Battlefield 2142 ever coming to STEAM?
So I get this question a lot about what is taking so long bringing BF2142 to STEAM.

First there was the requirement of v1.51 on PC to be completed and released. Then, as some of you know from the forums, the plan was to wait for the Mac conversion to be completed before releasing on STEAM. However, the Mac conversion is taking longer than expected so this week the full version of BF2142 incluing v1.51 and Northern Strike went off to go through its process of being STEAM wrapped.

This is usually a pretty quick process but at this time I don’t have more exact dates as that will come down to Valve and EA discussions and agreements. As soon as I hear of a date that BF2142 will go on STEAM I will let you know.

Mac users, v1.51 including all the content is coming but there is no ETA on that yet either.

For those who have been asking, DVD and EA Store codes will not work with STEAM so you will not be able to redeem your code and have the option of downloading through STEAM instead of using disc or EA Store.

Bout time!

Cipherr

Snagging the first mass effect for $5, may as well. Will play that one day down the line. I wish they would put up the pre purchase for Trackmania 2.

Been playing ME all day, still haven't gotten to where I was at in the 360 version but I'm already enjoying it so much more. I really dig the control scheme having everything mapped out and just clicking on AI partner actions makes things work a bit more fluidly. Not to mention things look clean, framerate feels better (although it's been a few months since I've tried to play ME 360, so I may be wrong). And of course no washed out/wonky colors

It's times like these that just make me happier that I've moved on to being a mostly PC gamer. Then I remember I paid $5 for a game I bought for $60 some time ago. *sigh*

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gvaz said:
TF2 is the PC's version of Halo. It's awfully fun.
Fixed.

Speaking of Halo, Section 8: Prejudice seems to be off to a good start, population-wise. I'm thinking of picking it up once they get the whole FOV thing sorted out. Are the S8:p servers still crapping themselves?

So I bought ME1 on launch, played maybe 4-6 hours of it, couldnt really get into it. But all the hype around ME2 has always left me intrigued. Should I pick up ME2 or not, I really cant decide, and do I need to finish ME1 first?

Javaman

SapientWolf said:
Fixed.

Speaking of Halo, Section 8: Prejudice seems to be off to a good start, population-wise. I'm thinking of picking it up once they get the whole FOV thing sorted out. Are the S8:p servers still crapping themselves?
I can't speak about the servers but I'm very dissapointed to see that there is already paid dlc for new weapons on GFWL. (Pikardwtf.jpg)

bucknuticus said:
So I bought ME1 on launch, played maybe 4-6 hours of it, couldnt really get into it. But all the hype around ME2 has always left me intrigued. Should I pick up ME2 or not, I really cant decide, and do I need to finish ME1 first?
Depends on what parts you did or didn't like from the first one. A cynical person could describe ME2 as Gears of War with dialogue and they wouldn't be way off.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Javaman said:
I can't speak about the servers but I'm very dissapointed to see that there is already paid dlc for new weapons on GFWL. (Pikardwtf.jpg)
The armor is only available in the DLC, but all those weapons are unlockable. They're only fleecing the lazy, vain and/or ignorant.

In addition, there is free DLC in the form of an extra gamemode on the horizon.

kamspy

bucknuticus said:

ME2 is a little easier to get going. It's more of an action game. So maybe. You don't really need to finish ME. If you like ME2 enough you can go back for a nice prologue.

Fredescu

bucknuticus said:
So I bought ME1 on launch, played maybe 4-6 hours of it, couldnt really get into it.
Sounds like my first couple of attempts. If you try play it in a completionist fashion, and you aren't completely enamoured with it's style or atmosphere (you aren't), everything that lies off the tightrope of the main quest is complete garbage. Play it by completely avoiding any sidequests and you'll experience the best parts of ME1. Even if you don't like it so much that way, it's over fairly quickly. I would recommend trying it again before starting ME2, but ME2 is certainly a lot more accessible.

Fredescu said:
Sounds like my first couple of attempts. If you try play it in a completionist fashion, and you aren't completely enamoured with it's style or atmosphere (you aren't), everything that lies off the tightrope of the main quest is complete garbage. Play it by completely avoiding any sidequests and you'll experience the best parts of ME1. Even if you don't like it so much that way, it's over fairly quickly. I would recommend trying it again before starting ME2, but ME2 is certainly a lot more accessible.

Hmmm maybe I'll try this, I just remember getting to a part where i was driving the car through some tiny ass tunnels. Car handled like shit and I kept running into thing and then I kept dying, was finally when I decided to stop playing it.

bucknuticus said:
Hmmm maybe I'll try this, I just remember getting to a part where i was driving the car through some tiny ass tunnels. Car handled like shit and I kept running into thing and then I kept dying, was finally when I decided to stop playing it.
Well, then you'll be pleased to know that they basically removed that aspect of the game entirely.

Baconmonk

bucknuticus said:

The Mako sections are pretty bad, but mostly short. Each of the main quest planets has a required driving section, but it is a minor point of the game overall. Listen to the above guy about skipping the side missions (except maybe the Citadel stuff, I thought it added to the story pretty well) and you'll likely have fun with it.

Personally, I got a lot of my enjoyment from ME2 from those "comic book universe" moments where some decision I made in ME1 (even very minor ones) came back in ME2 to varying degrees of importance.

And it's about time this went on sale! Bought both at launch on 360, but now that I have a competent gaming PC I want the whole trilogy in one place for save game importing goodness. Now if only the DLC would go on sale...

MMmmm Mass Effect sale. Finally replaced my clunky, yet loved, 360 version of ME1.

I already own ME2 PC from the EA Store from Xmas 2010 sale for $25. Is it wrong of me to want to buy it on steam for $10 :D I guess in terms of a deterrent a plus is that the DLC isn't on Steam and subject to Steam sales....

3 more days of EA sales left, I assume we will see a "sports day", I'd love to see RTS day and pick up the C&C series cheap. I'm not a huge fan of them but for the right price I could gift a bunch of them for some multiplayer goodness.

Exuro said:
Does EA even make Sports games on PC?

Well I was browsing through all the EA games on Steam and I was seeing what I thought was FIFA listed... after your comment upon closer inspection it appears to only be FIFA MANGER, and no other sports games, so maybe you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom