• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Sanjay said:
I think its time to do a Nabs and use a arcade stick just for the heck of it, but for this game it might actually come off better, qqffaas with eight face Sanwa buttons :O

If I could somehow combine controller and kb controls, i'd use my stick :eek:

Forkball

Recently I've been using the screenshot function. I think they could really capitalize on this if they made the images searchable on a database. Like if we could browse through all the screens taken of Civilization V or Left 4 Dead etc. We could search via most recent, or highest rated, or even by caption. It would also be cool to have user screenshots appear somewhere in the store page.

Sanjay said:
Not particularly well with a pad nor mouse and keyboard set-up but that's due to how the game handles spell casting which I dislike.

I like the IDEA of what they are doing in Magicka but in practice I did not find it all that fun to play once they started throwing things at you in any numbers. The demo made it seem like you would have a really hard time unless you were playing co-op. My mind/fingers just can't react fast enough against the large groups. I won't play co-op so the game was immediately off my list, but like I said I thought some of the ideas and whatnot involved were quite neat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want Hawx 1, I have never seen it on Sale. If they put it on a 50% or less Sale, I may played it and enjoy it then buy Haxws 2 D:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Drkirby said:
I want Hawx 1, I have never seen it on Sale. If they put it on a 50% or less Sale, I may played it and enjoy it then buy Haxws 2 D:
Ubisoft hasn't done store-wide sales? That said, the first game is fairly mediocre. Decent enough for me to finish the playthrough, pretty as hell and well optomized, but really underwhelming in the gameplay department.

vertopci

Sanjay said:
Just to be clear, I don't like how you have to combo actions to make spells. I just want to play the game and not that process be the game it self. It's just the method, I just don't like it, I guess I'm not accustomed as many other games make the fun using the skills instead of the process.

I think its more that you don't like the fact that you suck at magicka. Really really suck at it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Stallion Free said:
Ubisoft hasn't done store-wide sales? That said, the first game is fairly mediocre. Decent enough for me to finish the playthrough, pretty as hell and well optomized, but really underwhelming in the gameplay department.

I thought HAWX was complete trash. Is HAWX 2 any better? I seem to remember it was actually worse, if that's possible.

FlyinJ said:
I thought HAWX was complete trash. Is HAWX 2 any better? I seem to remember it was actually worse, if that's possible.

HAWX felt like more of a cohesive game. HAWX2 threw in too much GRAW/COD shit like the gunship and drone segments. I just wanted to fly jet fighters!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Stallion Free said:
Spoken like someone who hasn't played Magicka in co-op.
I have too played co-op magika, and didn't find it to hard to quee up spells like crazy man sanjay. Netcode is poor though, and the game breaks a bit to easy. But it is great fun when it works.

Domstercool said:
Anyone see this? Steamworks Just Cause 2... £2.49 :D

http://www.getgamesgo.com/catalogue/game/just-cause-2

Requirements

CPU
1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or better
Graphics
256 MB DirectX 9.0c with Shader Model 3.0 support
RAM
1 GB of RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB for Windows Vista
Sound Card
DirectX 9 Compatible
OS
Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
Direct X Version
DirectX 9.0c / 10.0 (Vista)

Does that run on XP now, or is it an error?

Rufus

Veal said:
PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL WORK IN THE US!!
I've been the shit out of the demo. Would love to pick it up at this price.
You can change the currency in the top right, just below the search bar. So if it switches you to USD based on your location(which it will, once you've registered), just switch it back. I used Paypal, so I don't know about any possible problems if you pay via credit card.

MNC

Twig said:
WHAT.

I said to n0b just yesterday I said: "I wish I had a search bar for my games list."

WHAT.
It might be because I have more than 100 games? Iunno.

j2e1f.jpg

It's pretty funny

Doopliss

You have to opt in to the beta to get the search bar (at least I had to). It works really nicely, updating instantly to whatever you type in, and it searches category names as well as game titles. Also, a totally minor thing but I think they changed the buttons to select the game list view (details/list/grid). I'm sure one looked like a magnifying glass before.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Now if they would only give me the ability to highlight more then one title at a time to Mass Install/Uninstall/Change Catagory.

MNC

Drkirby said:
Now if they would only give me the ability to highlight more then one title at a time to Mass Install/Uninstall/Change Catagory.
This is the top offender; it's annoying and I have 100+ games I want to sort out :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom