• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

I'm having a problem playing Ben There blah blah.

A) It's windowed, which sucks.

B) My mouse doesn't move in the window. The pointer stays wherever my mouse enters and leaves the window, but doesn't actually do anything inside the window.

W7,

PaulLFC

MacGurcules said:
Perhaps this maintenance includes the addition of the package deals for the summer sale. Somebody get on that database miner and find them!

No packs have been added yet as far as I can see. However...

m8Yhh.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
plc268 said:
Sales don't typically start on wednesdays. If it doesn't start tomorrow, then next Monday is the best bet (if there will be a summer sale).

I'd laugh if there was no summer sale though. :)
I'm betting all my marbles on Thursday as well, but as I said much, much earlier in the thread, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a summer sale this year.

We're already getting daily deals.

What does Depot mean?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
drizzle said:
I'm betting all my marbles on Thursday as well, but as I said much, much earlier in the thread, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a summer sale this year.

If there's no sale...

I shudder to even think of it.

drizzle said:

What does Depot mean?

The daily deals are mostly small indie games. The Summer Sale operates on a much larger scale.

gdt

Non steam, but if my brother creates (or just logs into his own xbox live account) can he have his own saves and profile playing Bulletstorm? It's GFWL.

This is on my computer, of course.

Weenerz

Banned
The writing in Solar 2 is pretty funny. Early on in the game, you have the chance to start a mission, even if you're underpowered. When you die, and you will, the game makes a few snide remarks about it. Go buy this game!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DoctorWho said:
The daily deals are mostly small indie games. The Summer Sale operates on a much larger scale.

Yeah also the daily sales are 9 out of 10 times ,for the lack of a better word , pretty meh. I mean who's walking around thinking If only Been there Dan that was 1 euro instead of 2.

gdt5016 said:
Non steam, but if my brother creates (or just logs into his own xbox live account) can he have his own saves and profile playing Bulletstorm? It's GFWL.

Yeah, it's just like on the 360. Different saves and achievements for each profile.

amdnv

Corky said:
If there's no sale...

I shudder to even think of it.
I'm honestly not holding my breath. Here are the odds (very scientific, I swear!):
Today = 2% chance
Tomorrow = 15% chance
Friday = 5% chance
Sat, Sun = 2% chance (combined)

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Corky said:
Yeah also the daily sales are 9 out of 10 times ,for the lack of a better word , pretty meh. I mean who's walking around thinking If only Been there Dan that was 1 euro instead of 2.
It helps puts a game in the spotlight every day.

In that regard, it's probably doing its job quite well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
gdt5016 said:

He'll need to buy the game - it ties the serial key to your GFW/XBL acct.

Sunflower said:
He'll need to buy the game - it ties the serial key to your GFW/XBL acct.

Not anymore, you can have multiple live accounts on the same computer and they can all access the games. I bought Viva Pinata when it was a buck and the missus plays it on her account.

I think the odds of there not being a Summer sale are so small I don't understand why people are worrying.

The only reason there wouldn't be one is because Valve + every other company on Steam decided they hate money. They just don't announce it ahead of time because who would buy games knowing a sale is coming?

BigAT

Watching the countdown clock caused me to cave and purchase the Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack right before it expired. Well, the countdown and the fact that it's impossible to regret a $1.25 purchase.

Anilusion

BigAT said:
Watching the countdown clock caused me to cave and purchase the Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack right before it expired. Well, the countdown and the fact that it's impossible to regret a $1.25 purchase.

But it's $0.20 more than the price of freedom!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Valve people must read threads like these just before sales and laugh their asses off.

Pandoracell said:
Well after 3 great daily deals in a row, I guess they couldn't continue the trend. Eve was $5 a few weeks ago.
It was $5 and the first daily deal I believe. I'm positive Valve is just trolling us now.

Man, I can't wait for Valve to update the store tomorrow with an ARG that requires us to jump-start the Steam Summer Sale database by playing games from all the Daily Deals over the past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom