• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balehead

Damn, you guys are getting my hopes up for this thing to actually start this week. Hoping for:

Batman AA
Crysis + Warhead
Super Meat Boy
AC: Bro
Darksiders

And I'm probably going to buy a lot more "just because".

Dambrosi

Banned
What? There's a Steam Sale starting today?! News to me!

Alright, then - I'll be ready to help any non-UK Steamers with any games that are cheaper on the UK store, just like the last Winter Sale. Same conditions, same methods, etc.

Put simply, if you see any sale item for less on the UK store than on your own, send me a PM, and I'll help you get it. PayPal is necessary, further details when we do the deed.

...I really hope the mods don't mind me doing this. If they do, they should PM me and I'll edit my post.

Peff

Princess Skittles said:

Keep in mind that several times in the past there have been some mistakes right when they're updating (this last Christmas sale had The Witcher at 0.99€ for a few minutes when it should have been 4.99€ for example), so it's usually convenient to be around then.

'Is it actually good? I put it in my "don't want to play" category.

It's not some incredibly memorable experience, but it's very solid. It's basically a Monkey Island sequel that has doesn't do anything particularly wrong either. No padding, shortcuts to things that would be tedious, not very long... perfect for one of these boring uneventful evenigns.

epmode

gdt5016 said:
Any help with why the game is asking for a Cd key? Does it have something to do with that mod?
I've never seen the Steam bug you for a CD key, with or without mods. I only have a few things on Gamersgate but I'm pretty sure you can find the appropriate key in your My Games list.

*there's a slight chance that the mod won't work with the Gamersgate release. I'd be very surprised if this was the case though!

gdt

epmode said:
I've never seen the Steam bug you for a CD key, with or without mods. I only have a few things on Gamersgate but I'm pretty sure you can find the appropriate key in your My Games list.

Err, sorry, it was asking for a CD, not a CD key. But I figured it out anyway.

I just bought Solar 2 since I assume it won't be on sale more than it is since it came out just a few days ago.

I really like this game, it's a little like a mix between Osmos and Eufloria. It's all about getting enough mass to go from asteroid to planet to life planet(which gives you Eufloria like ships that defend the planet).

The gravity mechanic feels great since you need to "catch" asteroids in your orbit to absorb them. I haven't done any of the missions yet since I was having so much fun building my own solar system and attacking other ones.

I'd like to be able to zoom the camera out a bit more, but it's not a big issue.

Pandoracell said:
We'll be needing a new thread soon as well, so it would be great timing if the sale started today and we all migrated over to the summer sale thread, and then Steam 2011 OT2 can emerge afterwards.

Yep. I think Crimson has the summer sale thread. I will put out the new Steam thread when this reaches the 20k mark.

Derrick01

Banned
Balehead said:
Damn, you guys are getting my hopes up for this thing to actually start this week. Hoping for:

Batman AA

I can almost guarantee you this will be on sale. It seems to be on every sale Valve or the publisher does. It's a great damn game though.

Moobabe

StuBurns said:
Is Oddworld SW still fucked? I'm getting it on PS3 personally, so I'm just wondering.

It's much better now - and the PS3 content is coming to PC as well (at least that's what we're told).

Wishlist with prices

10 or under
- Fallout 3 GoTY
- Civ V
- SSFIV

5 or under
- Magicka Complete
- Bioshock

2 or under
- New Vegas DLC
- Anything else that seems worth 2 dollars

50 cents
INSTANT PURCHASE

Polk

Balehead said:
Batman AA
It will be 80% off on Gamersgate this sunday, so I don't see reason why it shouldn't be on steam sale as well.
Tomorrow on GG there will be Just Cause 2 75% off (requires steam).

Oreoleo

This reminds me of when we thought Portal 2 was coming out on that Friday and then we had to wait allllll weekend for it to actually release. Monday seems so far away :(

Binabik15

Halp.

My brother has his new pc. We logged into my Steam account and installed Metro 2033 from the physical disk. It updated itself via download.

Everytime I click on "play" it wants to install DirectX, then breaks off the update with "can´t find 3daudio1_7.dll" error. Grr. What to do?

Valve: There is going to be a massive Summer Sale in a week, prepare your wallet, hide yo wife, tell yo friends....

Why don't they do this? Seems like what I would do....

Aesthet1c

So wish lists really don't do anything? I just started adding games to mine and hoped that it would give me some kind of notification when my wish list games when on sale.

That being said, the games I'm mostly hoping for in the sale are:

Batman AA
Borderlands GOTY
Super Meat Boy

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
scorpscarx said:
Valve: There is going to be a massive Summer Sale in a week, prepare your wallet, hide yo wife, tell yo friends....

Why don't they do this? Seems like what I would do....
It's probably not necessary.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
amdnv said:
This man speaks the truth. It's monday or not at all.

Noooo I want to be false prophet, do not listen to my lies.

( please let the sale start I'm withering away )

Aesthet1c said:
So wish lists really don't do anything? I just started adding games to mine and hoped that it would give me some kind of notification when my wish list games when on sale.
There is no way to send you a notification if a game goes on sale, however, if a game is in your wishlist it will mention if it's on sale.

Luigi87

amdnv said:
Confirmed? By who?
These guys

Keen eyes may have seen it.. for the steam summer sale we added 5 new achievements.. and fixeed some minor bugs.. we have to upgrade the project to the latest version of unity to take on the rest off the bugs.. thanks again for your ongoing support and enthusiasm. And thanks Pieter for sticking in the Achievements!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
amdnv said:
Confirmed? By who?
One developer posted on their website that they added new achievements to their game for the summer sale.

A thread on Steam's forums show that several other indie games have added summer themed achievements as well.

Edit: See above, I couldn't provide the link while at work.

Also, Tripwire has been teasing the Event of the Summer through Facebook, Twitter and the Steam Community and Valve has been retweeting their teases. The teasing is leading up to today.

Dipswitch

I seem to be the only person here hoping the summer sale doesn't start soon. My backlog is outrageous as it is.

I'm still refreshing this thread every 5 minutes though

StuBurns said:
Is Oddworld SW still fucked? I'm getting it on PS3 personally, so I'm just wondering.
If you have a Radeon graphics card then yes. It's much better than it was and it plays perfectly fine, but there is a transparency issue that makes water and some other effects look awful. I still boot it up every time there's a driver update, but still no fix for it.

I'm hoping when they give it the PS3 graphics update it will fix it, but I'm not holding my breath. As much as I hate the developer now I will probably get it on the Vita if it isn't as busted. I just love that game so much.

amdnv said:
Mine too. But I just don't feel like playing anything from my backlog right now. I want something NEW, it's so weird.
I know what you mean. I have tons of games on my backlog that I haven't finished let alone started. Yet, I want to get something new to play that instead. D:

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
crimsonheadGCN said:
If the sale's going up today then it'll most likely be at 4PM PST.

Get that filthy timezone outta here.

*Chants* : GMT, GMT,GMT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom