• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

Stallion Free said:
I picked up Dragon Age's out of curiousity a while back and I found that I used the DA Wiki far more than the guide on my recent playthrough. They really should just add bookmarks to the in-game browser lol. I just wasn't impressed with the level of detail put into the Prima guide and the website set up felt fairly crude.

We need more games to support windowed mode noborder like the source games do. The ability to seemlessly swap focus between my two monitors with the game on one and fanpage on the other is tremendously useful.

Got an email asking me to authorise access to my account from another computer or browser and to change my password if I wasn't the one attempting it.

Hooray for Steam Guard? Still scary though.

Enco

Baloonatic said:
Got an email asking me to authorise access to my account from another computer or browser and to change my password if I wasn't the one attempting it.

Haha that's awesome (in a way).

Glad I enabled it.

More sites/applications should use this double step verification. Thank God google do it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Shambles said:
We need more games to support windowed mode noborder like the source games do. The ability to seemlessly swap focus between my two monitors with the game on one and fanpage on the other is tremendously useful.
I just need to get a table PC as a dedicated gaming companion. Wiki's are really phenomenal when it comes to RPGs like DA and Fallout. I mean they even list potential bugs on a per quest basis. Soooo good.

Gexecuter said:
Yeah i'm pretty sure the community patch that fixes a lot of stuff for Gothic 3 is free, i'm not sure if it overhauls the graphics.

There's a thread in the Steam Gothic forum, which gives details of a custom ini file which does apparently improve the graphics in conjunction with the community patch. I haven't tried it myself as it looks a bit heavy for my PC, but there are links to screenshots in the second post which show the improvement.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Steam said:
This weekend only, save 50% on F1: 2010!

Experience the exclusive world of FORMULA ONE™ like never before. Discover what it’s like to sit behind the wheel of the world’s greatest cars and prove yourself worthy of being the team’s number 1.

BE THE DRIVER....LIVE THE LIFE

Offer ends Monday, March 28th at 10am Pacific Time.

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

:( So this US only?

MNC

My jump list and my categories became fucked :( My backlog category is now my favorites, and I had to reset my Jumplist settings.

hylje

Binabik15 said:
Bump.

Google only gave me year old hits on that, mostly resolved by updating the drivers. My 5850 drivers are the most recent, though.

Another possible solution seems to be running the game in DX9, how do you force that in Steam?

Any other ideas?

Rename the files in the Assassin Creed folder (steamapps/common/) DX9 -> DX10 and viceversa. You'll have DX9 via Steam then. I'm running 5770 but didn't much issues with DX10. DX9 did though ran much smoother so played with that through.

NaM

mxgt said:
Got the offer here in the UK. £14.99.
Upon further investigation it seems I can't buy the game at all in my region, sale or no sale.

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West is $2.5. Is it any good?

NaM said:
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

:( So this US only?

Nope, not US only. All GFWL titles are only available to purchase through the regions that GFWL officially supports and no where else.

NaM

crimsonheadGCN said:
Nope, not US only. All GFWL titles are only available to purchase through the regions that GFWL officially supports and no where else.
I see, that explains a lot, thanks for the info.

EDIT: But I can buy Street fighter IV, and that's a GFWLive title :/

Treefrog

Is Lead and Gold worth it? I read through the old thread and it looked like there were some problems, but some have been fixed.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Already got Lead and Gold for free on PSN. For 2.50, it may be worth the double dip. Unsure still. F1 is 50% off too.
SalsaShark said:
oh god please buy lead and gold people, i want that community to growwwwwwww such a fantastic and underrated game
Does it support 360 pad natively?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LiquidMetal14 said:
Already got Lead and Gold for free on PSN. For 2.50, it may be worth the double dip. Unsure still. F1 is 50% off too.
Does it support 360 pad natively?
Yeah although I rape with Mouse and Keyboard in the game so I wouldn't recommend it.

It's a lot of fun with a group of friends though. Imma go reinstall because we wil prolly replay tonight.

SalsaShark said:
oh god please buy lead and gold people, i want that community to growwwwwwww such a fantastic and underrated game

thinking about it.. looks like lots of fun, but on the other hand I just finally got into Team Fortress 2 yesterday... so it's got that to compete with... guess i'll try it during the free weekend at least

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Forkball said:
Lead and Gold is also on sale for $2.50 and has a free weekend.

AND THE COD MAP PACK IS STILL ON SALE GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN
Guess I'll give it a try this weekend. I really dislike buying shooters with a low playerbase, but I have to redeem myself still for not buying Shattered Horizons.

denomes

Lead and Gold is a steal at $2.50.

I bought it to get me hyped for Red Dead last year and personally I enjoyed the competitive multiplayer in L&G much better than Red Dead's.

I'll probably play this weekend to see what the community is like. Haven't played since fall I think.

Stallion Free said:
I regretted purchasing F1 2010. I forgot how tedious going around tracks 10-50 times could be.
Shoulda played with us a bit! 200 hours clocked on it so far and still going strong. It's a great game online - the GAF league was a whole lot of fun.

Anybody who buys it and enjoys it should check out the OT - we always welcome new drivers!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
shintoki said:
Guess I'll give it a try this weekend. I really dislike buying shooters with a low playerbase, but I have to redeem myself still for not buying Shattered Horizons.
You don't need to redeem yourself for that, that game was a clusterfuck of bad decisions and ugly as fuck weapon models.

Binabik15

Mr Sandman said:
Mine does that too, but I just click and it goes to the menu. Something is fucked with the intro video.

I did that yesterday and the game made sounds as if I had picked some menu option, but the screen stayed black :(

How do I check file integrity through Steam? And running in SP mode, do I check this in the .exe in the game folder and it´ll affect the "play now" option in the game library?

I just want to kill a few dudes before I start AC2.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Stallion Free said:
You don't need to redeem yourself for that, that game was a clusterfuck of bad decisions and ugly as fuck weapon models.
#1 overrating the ability of a player base who have been weaned on autowin console trash.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Stallion Free said:
Add me on Steam, I'm gonna buy but not play until later or tomorrow

Salsashark too please

deleted

I'm stuck with this screen:

2luvzw7.png

Its not that I'm logging in with a new computer, its the same laptop I've been using for years complementary to my desktop.
I have the key via mail and put it in, but nothing happens. The message vanishes and comes back up right again.

Anybody knows what to do?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dream said:
Just 1 new map? The update was over a gig...
I'm redownloading the whole game and it comes out to 1.5 gb. Somehow I don't think the game was 500 mb initially.

Oh shit time of day settings?? This game just went Crysis tier.

dream said:
Just 1 new map? The update was over a gig...

Update includes:

Free DLC for Lead and Gold out on Thursday March 24 on Steam. To celebrate the release of the Appendoah Valley DLC Steam offers a free to play weekend starting today.

The farmers and miners in Appendoah Valley are experiencing a conflict of interest, to say the least. Tensions have grown steadily and when Old Jessup, head of the McKenna clan, proclaimed “This vale ain’t big enough for both of us” the ongoing petty harassment and shenanigans soon escalated out of control.

The McKennas took dynamite to the railroad tracks, and sabotaged the life line of the Mining operation. In response, the Krug Mining Company flooded parts of the McKenna crop fields. Both sides have now gathered a veritable army of the worst dregs to soil the face of the west. Rustlers, cutthroats, desperados, hired guns and mercenaries have been amassed for an epic battle to decide the fate of the vale. When the dust has settled, the new kings of Appendoah Valley will be crowned.

Dedicated to the Lead and Gold community, Appendoah Valley sees a variety of player paths, a wide choice of gameplay styles and several stylish locations for shooting off hats.

Also included in the update

· NEW! You can now change lighting environments in most levels when setting up a dedicated server! Enjoy your favorite map in a morning, day, evening or night setting.

· NEW! Quick join is now supported by dedicated servers! Hop into the first available game without having to browse for servers.

· FIX! Bug fix for collision issues when throwing dynamite close to objectives.

· FIX! Tweaked weapon fire rates to resolve macro-issues.

· FIX! Various level collision improvements and fixes to resolve issues with spawn camping and safe zones.

· FIX! Team chat colors changed for more clarity.

Mrbob

BarrenMind said:
What's the consensus on Ghostbusters: The Video Game? (note: NOT talking about the recent Sanctum of Slime title)

Good story / gameplay? Anything particularly positive or negative to note about the PC version?

Just noticed it's on a 50% sale for $9.99

PC Version doesn't have online co op of the console versions, but if you like Ghostbusters I found the campaign fun to play through.

xyla said:
I'm stuck with this screen:

Its not that I'm logging in with a new computer, its the same laptop I've been using for years complementary to my desktop.
I have the key via mail and put it in, but nothing happens. The message vanishes and comes back up right again.

Anybody knows what to do?

Can you ask for another key and try to enter that one in.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BarrenMind said:
What's the consensus on Ghostbusters: The Video Game? (note: NOT talking about the recent Sanctum of Slime title)

Good story / gameplay? Anything particularly positive or negative to note about the PC version?

It's a lot of fan service. If you are a big fan of the movies, I don't see how you couldn't enjoy the game on some level.

I also really enjoyed the gameplay.

As far as PC support goes, you do have the game pad option complete with rumble, a nice selection of graphical settings and none of the online stuff that the consoles got.

Salsa

So i just read in another thread that you can add the exact amount of funds you want to your steam wallet now ? (instead of 5, 10, 20 etc USD) where can i find this option ?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
BarrenMind said:

Mouse acceleration is horrendous and can't be changed. Only get it if you have a controller. Not a bad game though.

plc268

Baloonatic said:

I got an email like that, and I don't even have Steam Guard enabled... or is it automatically enabled. I dunno, I haven't looked into the settings or changed anything.

All was well though, I was able to login just fine, so I don't know what the deal was.

Edit: Just checked, I guess it's enabled by default.

deleted

Mrbob said:
Can you ask for another key and try to enter that one in.

Nope, I can only input the one key I got... No option to ask for another key.
I contacted Steam Support, lets see, how fast they can work this one out ;)

Mrbob

poppabk said:
Mouse acceleration is horrendous and can't be changed. Only get it if you have a controller. Not a bad game though.

This is true. I played through it with a wired 360 controller.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Stallion Free said:
I actually enjoyed it. It played it quite a bit on both free weekends, just never picked it up due to the low player count outside the free weekends. Heard similar stories about Lead and Gold, So I've been avoiding of both.

To be frank, the last thing I need to do is get stuck with another online shooter I can only play at 1 or 2 times a day due to player counts. But I ended up feeling somewhat poor about not supporting SH developers when I had the chance. I want the game to have a good player base, but refuse to buy it till it does. And end up realizing people like me are the problem heh.

ghst said:
#1 overrating the ability of a player base who have been weaned on autowin console trash.
I don't deserve that

=[

Everyone should buy Lead & Gold for $2.50. It is a great shooter and you are definitely getting your moneys worth at that price. The game has a good mix of teamwork, character classes and a good amount of maps as well. Perfect controller support as well. I picked it up for $7.50 on the last free weekend and have not been disappointed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom