• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Steam Daily Deal: Horrid Henry - 75% off, $2.50.

All I can say is that it certainly looks like a game that would be published by a company called Digital Game Factory.

Kerrinck

drizzle said:
So I'm from Brazil and I just noticed this:

rkRIZ.png

It's cheaper here, releases later and it also shows the Brazillian content rating graphic as opposed to the ESRB one.

You can see it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/?cc=br

Funny, a specific case where Region Pricing was actually good for South America... Too bad I don't give a shit about LA Noire.

The GTA expansion packs were cheaper in here too, I remember since I helped a few gaffers out. Probably a rockstar only thing since it is pretty rare for us to get cheaper prices.

Gvaz

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
They could use Steam DRM, I hear that's pretty good.
In all honesty not really.

Ubisoft's drm is probably the worst simply because it ingrains itself so much in the software.

morningbus said:
Steam Daily Deal: Horrid Henry - 75% off, $2.50.

All I can say is that it certainly looks like a game that would be published by a company called Digital Game Factory.
I wonder if the developer has any relation to the movie company called "The Asylum".

Ken

Think I know the answer to this question already, but is there any way to purchase two copies of a game (Dungeon Defenders) in one transaction? My credit card company apparently picks up multiple Steam purchases on the same day of the same price as being possibly fraudulent so I'm getting my card constantly locked.

I could try using the Steam Wallet but there's no $30 value.

Ken said:
Think I know the answer to this question already, but is there any way to purchase two copies of a game (Dungeon Defenders) in one transaction? My credit card company apparently picks up multiple Steam purchases on the same day of the same price as being possibly fraudulent so I'm getting my card constantly locked.

I could try using the Steam Wallet but there's no $30 value.
You could either add $50 or paypal someone $30 and have them gift the game to you and your friends.

Binabik15

Amnesia GET!

Is the Resident Evil 5 version from the German store cut in any way? Can you mod the game with a steam version (like removing the green filter)?

I´d buy a steam copy of Vampire Bloodlines to go with my retail version, but not the fucking cut version we Germans get :/ Not making that mistake again :p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
drizzle said:

http://i.imgur.com/rkRIZ.png[IMG]

It's cheaper here, releases later and it also shows the Brazillian content rating graphic as opposed to the ESRB one.

You can see it here: [url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/?cc=br[/url]

Funny, a specific case where Region Pricing was actually good for South America... Too bad I don't give a shit about LA Noire.[/QUOTE]
I'm from Argentina and it's showing $ 44.99 for me :(

© All Rights Reserved.

Vamphuntr

Yeah Bloodlines is a buggy piece of shit without the unofficial patch. Game wouldn't even boot for me. It would say that I had less than 15mb of ram while I had 4 Gb. At least the fans repaired that. I'm still amazed that they are allowed to sell something that won't even boot on some systems.

Blizzard

Banned
Gvaz said:
In all honesty not really.

Ubisoft's drm is probably the worst simply because it ingrains itself so much in the software.
Steam DRM is impossible to crack before release barring like, hacking into Valve itself, at least. After release, it'll get pirated unless it's always online DRM (and possibly even if it is), so cutting prerelease piracy and making it eays to buy games seems positive to me.

LastWindow said:
First two people to reply get a game of their choice that's $10 or less in the Halloween sale. Leave your Steam ID and the game you want.

Left 4 Dead 2
Steam ID is foomfoom

Did I win? In any case, thank you for the generous offer.

Vamphuntr said:
Yeah Bloodlines is a buggy piece of shit without the unofficial patch. Game wouldn't even boot for me. It would say that I had less than 15mb of ram while I had 4 Gb. At least the fans repaired that. I'm still amazed that they are allowed to sell something that won't even boot on some systems.

Troika haven't existed for a very long time, Activision don't give a fuck about anything that isn't a golden goose, so nobody is updating the game. If they didn't sell it in its current state it would not be sold at all, so I'm pretty happy that they're "allowed" to sell it.

Just wanted to thank Xelios for being so awesome and hooking me up from the sale! This man should have several babies named after him. And a shrine, or statue of some sort.

Spiegel

Yeah, Xelios seems like a real nice guy.

Maybe I'm saying this because I won Skyrim from one of his giveaways!

Nah, seriously, the amount of games he has been giving to the community is incredible.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Spiegel said:
Yeah, Xelios seems like a real nice guy.

Maybe I'm saying this because I won Skyrim from one of his giveaways!

I better see you playing it too or I'll hunt you down.

I'm gonna have to get a couple of these zombie games down before it hits, because I'll probably be playing it 'til January.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, Bloodline Champions is on Steam as a free-to-play game. Anyone have anything to say about it? Looks interesting.

Derrick01

Banned
Has anyone else's download speeds been really wonky lately? Mine won't stay still for more than a few seconds, it's always jumping between a bunch of numbers. Plus I found out for whatever reason my download was actually using a bunch of RAM which has never happened before. When I paused it it went from 2.25gb down to the normal 1.60 or so. I restarted it and it doesn't seem to be happening again but it was really strange.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
drizzle said:

rkRIZ.png

You can see it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/110800/?cc=br

Funny, a specific case where Region Pricing was actually good for South America... Too bad I don't give a shit about LA Noire.
Huh. That's... Unusual, to say the least.

Turfster

The_Monk said:
They look like point & click type. I don't remember the last time I play a Point & Click game, and that shouldn't happen, miss those types of games.

Point and click games aren't what they used to be, sadly.
Still, here's hoping they're good.

Gvaz

Banned
Anyone ever play this gem?

OSD_03.jpg

It's not on steam but on the topic of point and click adventure games, I really enjoy it. It would be better with multi monitor support but that's after this came out.

Turfster

I'm pretty sure I played this.
It was an interesting experiment, but it was kinda flawed. I wouldn't really call it a classic adventure game either.

Big thanks to Xelios for the gifts. One of the kindest members I've encountered on here.

Joe Molotov said:
Sweet, two new adventure games on Steam!

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie
Dead Mountaineer's Hotel

I don't know anything about Operation Valkyrie, but I've been wanting to play Dead Mountaineer's Hotel for a while.

If I didn't have such a big backlog of adventure games I'd check them out now.

Gvaz said:
Anyone ever play this gem?

What is that?

Smash88

Banned
Can anyone here help me with Resident Evil 5 and the ENB Color Correction mod. I put the two files, and tried both the DX10 and DX9 version, it crashes on startup. If I change the file name to dxdx9.dll it does nothing but starts up. T

I've had this problem with other ENB series mods for NBA 2K and for GTA, it never works and just crashes my game. I don't know what to do anymore, please help!

Q6600
GTX470
4GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom