• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

If my brother buys l4d2 and I copy my l4d2 files from the steamapps folder and give them to him, will that work so that he doesn't have to download it? Will doing something like that get me banned?

Is it also possible to test the game on his PC before he buys it by logging into my account and copying my l4d2 folder over?

Turfster

Salaadin said:
If my brother buys l4d2 and I copy my l4d2 files from the steamapps folder and give them to him, will that work so that he doesn't have to download it? Will doing something like that get me banned?

Is it also possible to test the game on his PC before he buys it by logging into my account and copying my l4d2 folder over?
Both should work without problems. (No bans.)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Salaadin said:

In order: yes, no, yes.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, I wanted to give Bloodline Champions a shot but it looks like launching on Steam crashed their login servers. Woops.

XeroSauce

Did anyone ever get Rusty Hearts or whatever it's called to run?

I tried to log into my old account, failed. Make new account, failed. Customer support, took a few days so I dropped it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Purchased Devil May Cry 4. It's not really a genre I'm into, but it fills a void in my Steam library. It's the same reason I bought The Last Remnant. And like The Last Remnant, I'll probably play it for 30 minutes then forget about it. Oh well, s'all in the game yo.

Twinduct

Snuggler said:
Purchased Devil May Cry 4. It's not really a genre I'm into, but it fills a void in my Steam library. It's the same reason I bought The Last Remnant. And like The Last Remnant, I'll probably play it for 30 minutes then forget about it. Oh well, s'all in the game yo.

Err .. Saint's Row 3 hype?
Talking about the avatar snug :p

Left F.E.A.R. downloading after having lunch. Hopefully by the time I get back home tonight it'll be finished. But holy tits 16+Gb download?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Twinduct said:
Err .. Saint's Row 3 hype?
Talking about the avatar snug :p

I'm Michael Thorton for Halloween.

dvhna.png
nysGJ.jpg

The_Monk

I just don't know how I feel about your cat now anymore... Sorry...

On topic, is there any Point & Click game for Mac that's worth? I'm curious since I've been watching some people playing that on streams for the halloween.

Volcynika

SteelAttack said:
Left F.E.A.R. downloading after having lunch. Hopefully by the time I get back home tonight it'll be finished. But holy tits 16+Gb download?

You're having to download the two expansions too. And if you delete an expansion, it takes the other expansion and the game with it.

MRORANGE

SteelAttack said:

It's all the expansions rolled up into one download with the game :|

Volcynika said:
You're having to download the two expansions too. And if you delete an expansion, it takes the other expansion and the game with it.

MRORANGE said:
It's all the expansions rolled up into one download with the game :|
Thanks guys. I still don't know if that's really convenient or really shitty, though. :/

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Kerrinck said:
The GTA expansion packs were cheaper in here too, I remember since I helped a few gaffers out. Probably a rockstar only thing since it is pretty rare for us to get cheaper prices.
Only for Brazil though, since here in Uruguay it shows the same price as the US :(

wilflare

here's a shoutout to
Twinduct and xelios for sharing with me the joy of Halloween me this season! :D Finally get to play some of the games I've been eyeing for some time!

thank you! you are the truly awesome ones :D

daviyoung

Banned
Rodney McKay said:
In his defense, the hilarious character customization was the best part of that game.

What defense? It's a great game.

If anyone downloaded Bioshock and is wondering why there's no sound, plugging something into your mic jack will fix it for some reason.

goodfella

daviyoung said:
What defense? It's a great game.

If anyone downloaded Bioshock and is wondering why there's no sound, plugging something into your mic jack will fix it for some reason.

There are better fixes on the steam forums btw.

Kerrby

Banned
Rodney McKay said:
In his defense, the hilarious character customization was the best part of that game.

Perhaps the only good part. :p

I much prefer the eight-way movement, now THAT'S hilarious :lol.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, the Bloodline Champions servers are up. I played a little bit, and it was pretty fun (it's an interesting take on arena combat). I can't stand the style though, so I don't think I'll stick with it.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
X05 said:
Only for Brazil though, since here in Uruguay it shows the same price as the US :(
I don't know, some users here in Argentina say LA Noire shows as 34.19 but I get 44.99 (same price as the US) and I live in the same place country xD Maybe is an ip thing?

Volcynika

I have a key for Sanctum, A.R.E.S., and Nimbus. Quote with which one you want and I'll PM it to you. First come, first serve.

EDIT: Gone!

Card Boy

Banned
Bloodline Champions is pretty good. It's like Random Arena from Guild Wars.

Pretty laggy if your outside American and Europe though.

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone else noticed lately that a lot of their games come up with something missing when doing that verify integrity of game cache thing? I've had like 8 games so far that needed to redownload a file, even 1 that I just downloaded today.

Yeah I'm having a lot of Steam problems lately :p

Blizzard

Banned
Steam has been super screwed up for me tonight. TF2 crashed, reconnected, restarted cable modem after that went out, everything was working but I couldn't change my loadout, quit TF2, couldn't update, tried to restart Steam, it wouldn't even restart, twice, so I killed it from the task manager...then I got an error saying I couldn't login to the Steam network. ANOTHER restart finally got me logged in.

Am I just in the twilight zone with this?

TF2 still won't update, and when I tried to go to Steam settings, the Steam UI just froze entirely for a little bit. TF2 still won't launch either.

*edit* Changed my download region, restarted Steam, it actually brought up a Windows crash dialog box that time. *edit* Finally downloading a TF2 update now. XD

MRORANGE

Xelios is like GAF's secret santa :eek:

thanks for : Penumbra: Black Plague - Gold Edition, Amnesia, STALKER SOC and Cthulhu Saves the World

seriously you are a legend, hope you enjoy your pyschonauts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom