• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBez

Yup I ended on a low note haha. Gish is still available but that will be it for no Everyone enjoy what you got and happy holidays everyone!

Having trouble starting Bully using 60FPS fix posted here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33077833&postcount=9921

The game crashes either after I skip the opening cinematics, or after I press Story Mode from the main menu. With default files (and capped at 30FPS) the game starts just fine.

The file above is 2.2MB, anyone has something else that I can use?

The following worked for me:

Awesome! Bully is an outstanding game and at less than $4 no one should miss out. I was this close to biting at $9.99 during the Thanksgiving Sale. I'm glad I had the willpower (read: forgot to buy on the last day) to hold out.

Fake Edit:
Boo. Locked at 30FPS by default :(:(

Fake Edit #2:
Hooray. Found a patched exe that works just peachy to unlock the fps limiter.
http://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=13762.0

WOOPS posted the code instead of pmed it

Happy Holidays :)

Thanks, are you fine with me giving it to a friend? Mainly because I think he'll be more interested in the game than me. If you're not fine with it you can give it to someone else as I haven't redeemed it yet.

You can just use D3DOverrider to force v-sync to make the fps stay around 60.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366413

Ahh, didn't think of D3D Overrider <3. I just formatted my PC and I hadn't installed it yet. It worked like a charm for my Witcher 1 tearing, so hopefully it'll do the job here too!

Edit: Hmm, so the D3DO window isn't opening. It says it's on in the system processes though. Any ideas?

Ahh, didn't think of D3D Overrider <3. I just formatted my PC and I hadn't installed it yet. It worked like a charm for my Witcher 1 tearing, so hopefully it'll do the job here too!

Edit: Hmm, so the D3DO window isn't opening. It says it's on in the system processes though. Any ideas?

Close your browser and restart it for the tray icon to appear.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Getting so much spam via Steam now. Random requests to join groups that are clearly phising or cybersluts.

I don't get tons of them but I got my first one for the Global Gaming Network just a few days back. I've left it alone and should have come here to ask but is this a legit group like the one who invites people with lots of games?

Other than that, I've never been spammed to join groups. Quite annoying, I assume.

MRORANGE

Getting so much spam via Steam now. Random requests to join groups that are clearly phising or cybersluts.
I don't get tons of them but I got my first one for the Global Gaming Network just a few days back. I've left it alone and should have come here to ask but is this a legit group like the one who invites people with lots of games?

Other than that, I've never been spammed to join groups. Quite annoying, I assume.

I just get bombarded by unknown chat requests to get free games :|

moojito

What the hell, I finally got round to installing gta 4 episodes from liberty city, and it won't let me save the game unless I sign up for and into some windows live service! Is that normal? I just want to save the game locally on my own computer and not be bothered with this "social club" nonsense.

deleted

How's the Dungeon Defenders New Heroes DLC?
Just got the game and while I normally don't buy DLC until I would actually need something new for a game, new heroes may be a good thing from the get go.

Edit: I just watched the trailer - the new classes don't have their own towers?

1-D_FTW

What the hell, I finally got round to installing gta 4 episodes from liberty city, and it won't let me save the game unless I sign up for and into some windows live service! Is that normal? I just want to save the game locally on my own computer and not be bothered with this "social club" nonsense.

You don't have to sign up for Rockstar's "Social Club" if you're just playing single-player (just decline it at the start of every game). I would assume you have to be logged into GFWL to save though. Never tried saving off-line.

As much as GFWL sucks, if you're going to be a volume Steam user, mine as well bite the bullet and create an account. Lots of cheap games uses GFWL.

ArjanN

It's normal for GFWL titles. Although GTA did have some extra "social club" thing you had to sign up for.

My advice is to just suck it up and do it. You can just set it to auto-login which makes it less annoying than skipping it every time.

MNC

For GTA, you can do the following (or any GFWL game)

open the overlay, sign out. create a new profile, and instead of using the big button at the bottom of the ToS kind of textwall, there's a small hyperlink hidden in it that says "or you can sign up for an offline account" which allows you to just enter your name and get it over with.

YOUR SAVES WILL BE LINKED TO THIS ACCOUNT, SO IF YOU DELETE THAT OFFLINE PROFILE, GOODBYE SAVEGAMES

Burekma

It actually extends to last gen. All GTA games since number 3 in 2001 came almost exactly 6 months late to the PC. I doubt they are going to break a decade old tradition for GTA V, although it would be something.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Has anyone claimed to have won the daily prize? It's beyond needle in a haystack but damn, someone has had to have come forth by now.

Just find it odd they'd use Steam, though I probably shouldn't find it odd to be fair. Lots of account details to be phised.

Darryl

Banned
How's the Dungeon Defenders New Heroes DLC?
Just got the game and while I normally don't buy DLC until I would actually need something new for a game, new heroes may be a good thing from the get go.

Edit: I just watched the trailer - the new classes don't have their own towers?

they aren't new heroes, they're opposite sexes to the current heroes with slight changes. some are better, some are worse, but they're basically reskins and not really worth the money unless you're really into the game.

Derrick01

Banned
ClosingADoor said:
It isn't confirmed for any platform yet. But looking at Rockstars history this gen, it'll probably come six months or so after the console version.

You forgot to add that it will be unplayable for all but the absolute strongest PCs out at the time :p

they aren't new heroes, they're opposite sexes to the current heroes with slight changes. some are better, some are worse, but they're basically reskins and not really worth the money unless you're really into the game.

Yep, not really worth it but I purchased it since it was on sale and I like the game. This really should have been a free update.

Dunlop

lol only realized that after I purchased them this morning.

Aw well, I'll balance it out by having one less coffee today

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Has anyone claimed to have won the daily prize? It's beyond needle in a haystack but damn, someone has had to have come forth by now.

There are something like 35-40 million steam accounts, if even 10% of them participate in this the odds are still ridiculous.

I really wonder what percentage chance entering raises your chances of winning over the 0% chance you have if you don't enter.

I guess the consolation is that it has to be someone. Someone is truly surprised every day.

Blizzard

Banned
If RUSE was 5 dollars I would have bought it.
I actually tried the demo/early beta/whatever it was. Then I was sad because there weren't AI bots and it turned out to be expensive and stuff.

$10 is close, but I think I will be ultra cheap and agree that $5 to $7.50 would be my range. And with Steam...*folds hangs together*...I have all the time in the world to wait.

(did they add co-op versus AI multiplayer comp stomps for the full game?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom