• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalT

Banned
You mean the game that was $2.50 on Friday? For the game that is now $3.74 and you want DLC.

YES! I'm hoping maybe someone missed the sale and wanted it. In other places I'm also offering metal in Team Fortress 2 but I doubt anyone in this topic is into TF2 like that.

What are the chances for Skyrim PC going on sale by year's end or in some Christmas sale?

Kind holding out for the first deal....

I think amazon had a ten dollar off deal during black Friday, but that may have just been the console versions. Anyway, what I mean to say is, you should adjust your expectations on how much of a savings there might be.

I'd like to get in on a 4-pack for dungeon defenders if someone is organizing one

I would definitely be in for a Dungeon Defenders 4 pack if anyone is doing it. I can PayPal the money right away.

I'd be in for a DD 4-pack if anyone needs another person.

+ me = 4.

Does someone want to do the purchasing? I could do it as a last resort but I'd rather not. I can Paypal immediately.

Sober

I think amazon had a ten dollar off deal during black Friday, but that may have just been the console versions. Anyway, what I mean to say is, you should adjust your expectations on how much of a savings there might be.
I would say 25% at best. 15% if we're lucky.

Yeah... thank you. I'm hoping for some reason to find it at $40 within a month. Probably going to take at least 2 months given its popularity.

Zzoram

What are the chances for Skyrim PC going on sale by year's end or in some Christmas sale?

Kind holding out for the first deal....

It'll probably be 25% off around Christmas on Steam, traditionally most fall AAA releases are 25% on around Christmas on Steam.

jkoch

Hey, are there any good 2d run and gun shooters (Contra, Metal Slug, etc.) on Steam? The only one I know of is the Serious Sam game, and apparently it's pretty bad.

Lemming

Hey, are there any good 2d run and gun shooters (Contra, Metal Slug, etc.) on Steam? The only one I know of is the Serious Sam game, and apparently it's pretty bad.

There´s A.R.E.S, but its more like megaman than contra/metalslug.
Bit short tho.

Flunkie

Banned
I'm having some series fucknig problems with my gaming laptop ever since I installed Skyrim and tried getting it running. It wouldn't run well at all, even on low, which is unheard of. I could run all major games on high/medium up until I tried and tried with Skyrim on my PC, and now everything's going to shit.

Seriously, Serious Sam 2 HD is stuttering on me now. I don't get it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
There´s A.R.E.S, but its more like megaman than contra/metalslug.
Bit short tho.

also, its controls are crap :(

It's a weird Megaman/Contra mix with dual analogue shooting. Wait, you want to shoot in a specific direction while jumping, because that's necessary in a lot of places? Well, forget it.

Yeah I didn't really like it :/

Actually, I'm not a fan of dual analogue everything by now, I guess.

Ugh. I suppose I should ask in here (will be ignored due to Dungeno Defenders).

Defense Grid. I'm having a weird bug with a map. Borderlands: Entanglement (Infiltration too). I can't place any towers down which kind of makes it impossible. Given a google search finds someone else with the same bug posted yesterday am I correct in thinking the update caused this?

Quickly tried out the first level of Dungeon Defenders and compared to Orcs Must Die it feels really slow and basic. Guessing the leveling and loot fixes that later?

ArjanN

Quickly tried out the first level of Dungeon Defenders and compared to Orcs Must Die it feels really slow and basic. Guessing the leveling and loot fixes that later?

Sort of.

Dungeon defenders has the co-op and loot elements, while Orcs must Die has the better gameplay. I prefer OMD.

Chesskid1

Banned
geez, games that launch at $15 drop so damn fast.

limbo, costume quest, orcs must die, dungeon defenders. they've all been like $4 like 2-4? months after launch.

<3 steam.

Javaman

Later levels and higher difficulties have hundreds or THOUSANDS of enemies, especially in survival mode.

Sort of.

Dungeon defenders has the co-op and loot elements, while Orcs must Die has the better gameplay. I prefer OMD.

Well can't really play co-op so I guess getting 5 skulls on every OMD level is a better way to use my time. Perhaps use DD as a replacement after that.

Javaman said:
Later levels and higher difficulties have hundreds or THOUSANDS of enemies, especially in survival mode.

Sounds good but was mostly commenting on the gameplay in general.

Ran into a very odd issue last night in Arkham City and I think it might be a GFWL issue but I am not sure. The game crashed at the GFWL login, and then when I was able to get into the game I had a nice white bar on the bottom of the screen, in Detective mode the bar goes away. After a reboot of my pc it seemed to go away (no crash on gfwl login that time either).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom