• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

new indie bundle registers on steam: http://www.indiegala.com/

dammit double post :|

the games:

rD1EW.png

x3sphere

Please people, this is just speculation.
Companies simply do not vanish over night; as Gabe said, if Valve's got serious trouble going on, we'll know it long before something major happens, weeks, months, years.
And in the slim chance that Valve does go bankrupt, someone will want to acquire Steam, it's too valuable to go down.

Yeah. I'd say Valve is swimming in money. Also, DD isn't going anywhere, obviously. Chances of Steam going under in our lifetime is like 0.00000000001%.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
new indie bundle registers on steam: http://www.indiegala.com/

dammit double post :|

the games:

rD1EW.png

Interesting, they give you only steam keys.

7 Games I did not have for my price. Nice.

Oddly, they don't give the first Hacker Evolution, but the game was a bit unpolished. It had potential, but you could actually end up in a situation where you couldn't win without cheating.

TheBez

Guys! I'm back with a few more small tokens of love :3. Zombie Shooter 1 and 2 to the first person to quote this!

Also, help me I'm over 160 Steam games :O

Exuro

So uh, I got that gala indie pack and tried out siara and i swear its screwing with me. I was chatting with my friend and the in game chat is doing weird stuff.

jDeJ9XXvTYtva.jpg

EDIT: WTF here's another one

jrXHQdifrX5JP.jpg

What's going on here :S

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
See this is what I remember hearing (see post above) I've just never seen any proof of it.

Was there any statement actually made about it from Valve (or ea I guess)?

It was mentioned by a Valve employee on a podcast, probably Steamcast. There hasn't been a formal statement on the matter, though.

Aselith

fuuuuu! just saw the latest list of games won and I got 9 out of 10!! The game I'm missing is Darksiders II, but do they really give unreleased games for free with these kind of promotions?

It says in the information on the contest that any unreleased games will be added to your account when they are released so they definitely are willing to at least. Not sure if anyone has actually won an unreleased game though. If they still have the thread from the last time they did one of these, you could check that.

PaulLFC

It does, but at the bottom the payment buttons don't show.
Same problem. It says "Click the button to complete your order!" and there's no button.

Edit: Found this on their twitter (@indiegala), might be related: We had an interruption of service! We are handling all pending requests and sending keys and we'll be online again soon!

I can't keep up with these bundles anymore. Between the mini-Humble Bundles, these other bundles, the music bundle,... I haven't played games from two or three bundles ago!

Think I'll skip on this one. No need to add to a big Indie backlog when none of them are really standing out (already have that Zombie game on the PS3 as well).

Aselith

Is there an aggregator for these bundles? I only know about them because of people posting occasionally on the forums. I'd like to see what's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom