• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people are inept as shit. I tried to pay and it was Italian paypal and then I paid and it never showed up in my paypal and I never got an email. Fuck this shit!

It's an Italian Dev hosting the whole thing; They're having a few issues, but it should be fixed soon.

See, the thing about the Humble Bundles is that all the games in them are cross-platform (PC/Mac/Linux). These other indie bundles aren't always that way, so that make me reluctant to go for them.

Catshade

See, the thing about the Humble Bundles is that all the games in them are cross-platform (PC/Mac/Linux). These other indie bundles aren't always that way, so that make me reluctant to go for them.

I guess not a lot of people demand that. On the other hand, I see a lot of people asking, "Can I redeem those games on Steam?" or "No Steam, no buy!"

Peagles

So uh, I got that gala indie pack and tried out siara and i swear its screwing with me. I was chatting with my friend and the in game chat is doing weird stuff.

jDeJ9XXvTYtva.jpg

EDIT: WTF here's another one

jrXHQdifrX5JP.jpg

What's going on here :S

It's clearly a haunted game. When I hit install it came up with "You are about to install ." and everything was blank, then it came up with a warning saying it could not install. Creepy? I've certainly never had that happen to me on Steam before.

Soi-Fong

I'm relatively new to Steam(have it for two months), but can accounts and games be transferred from one computer to another? Just wondering since I'm building a new PC.

Thanks for the heads up on the new bundle, guys! I really wanted to check out both inMomentum and Hacker Evolution, and now I also have a Steam version of Saira (I got a non-Steam key once, when the developer gave them out for 24 hours) and that game made by a gaffer!

I don't really care about Zombie Shooter, but I've got to say this is the bundle with the most games I'm genuinely interested in since HiB #2 or something like that... By the way, it seems that you'll only get Hacker Evolution: Untold and Zombie Shooter 1 if you buy the bundle during its first two days

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is your body ready for Steam Christmas Sales? It will launch within two weeks as far as I know, and I don't think my savings is enough!

Euphor!a

Banned
Is it a bad idea to put Dota 2 in your wishlist if you want to maintain your almost nonexistant chance at getting the Wishlist Prize?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'd hold off on that indie bundle, there are problems with the keys showing up as duplicates.

Nymerio

Just registered the keys, no duplicates for me :). Really started using Steam around july or so and I'm already at 102 games :/

Volcynika

Don't worry, you'll get used to having more games and go "where the hell did I get all those."

The bundle itself actually pushed me up to 600 games. Movin' on up!

I can feel it in the air. Christmas sale is coming! it's like Christmas, only instead of leaving cookies and milk for Santa, I only leave my wallet for Gabe.

GAF, what are your white whales for this upcoming sale? Anything you want above everything else? I only wish for Anno 1404 to be available for purchase again.
I haven't even played Anno 1701 besides the tutorials, but that's an entirely different matter.

Ifrit

I'd really like to play the new Deus EX: HR, I absolutely loved the first one; Rage, being an Id fan here (Doom still is godly) and, of course, Skyrim, since I've never played an Elder Scrolls game

Hopefully this steam sale have some good deals

Chavelo

Picked up most of the games that I came out this year already, and also a ton of games I had or always wanted on the sales... I dunno, I don't think I will be spending a lot due to having a bunch of my favorite games already.

Maybe Cave Story, UT2004, Fallout 3, Sonic Generations, Serious Sam 3... Also, already getting ready to be disappointed by Capcom again.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd really like to play the new Deus EX: HR, Rage and of course Skyrim, since I've never played an Elder Scrolls game

Hopefully this steam sale have some good deals

My prediction for those games:

Deus Ex: $25.00 during normal sale period. $17 if it is a daily deal.

Rage: $25 - $30 during normal period. $22 if daily deal.

Skryim: $54.00 during normal period. Will not be a daily.

Mrbob

I think Orcs Must die is the next daily deal. I saw it pop up for $3.74 for a moment and then RUSE went back on my home page.

MRORANGE

Ok Indie Gala Keys up for grabs

quote + post a pic of Mélanie Laurent for Zombie Shooter 1 code + Zombie Shooter 2 code

quote + post a pic of Ewan McGregor for inMomentum code +Saira code

quote + post a pic of Manuela Velasco for Hacker Evolution:Duality + Hacker Evolution: Untold code

quote + post a pic of a jack russell puppy for Your Doodles Are Bugged! code

quote + post a pic of Mélanie Laurent for Zombie Shooter 1 code + Zombie Shooter 2 code

quote + post a pic of Manuela Velasco for Hacker Evolution:Duality + Hacker Evolution: Untold code

OHHr3.jpg

Flayer

SpTy1.jpg

Been wanting those!

1-D_FTW

My prediction for those games:

Deus Ex: $25.00 during normal sale period. $17 if it is a daily deal.

Rage: $25 - $30 during normal period. $22 if daily deal.

Skryim: $54.00 during normal period. Will not be a daily.

My guess is that it gets a 25 percent off daily for 45.00 dollars. It'll be after Christmas (or Christmas day at the very earliest. Actually, as I think about it, my guess is the 25th.)

I've already purchased most of the major titles I want for the year outside of Saints Row 3, so I'm hoping for some sales around the following price points:

$20 or less:
Saints Row 3
LOTR: War in the North
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$15 or less:
Rage
Anno 2070

$10 or less:
Hard Reset
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Bulletstorm

$5 or less
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Orcs Must Die - Daily deal!
Payday: The Heist
Rochard
Sideway NY
Deus Ex: The Missing Link DLC
Dungeon Siege III DLC

barnone

Definitely getting Orcs must Die. Looks like a lot of fun, it's a tower defense + third person shooter or something? RPG elements I hope!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My guess is that it gets a 25 percent off daily for 45.00 dollars. It'll be after Christmas (or Christmas day at the very earliest. Actually, as I think about it, my guess is the 25th.)

The only thing we can use for reference is Fallout New Vegas, which released in a similar time frame in 2010 (October, but at $50.00).

Its normal sale price was 25% off, so $37.50.

It actually did go on a daily sale, on Christmas day, for $29.99

I dunno. I could still see it going either way. There is less incentive to give a steep discount with Skyrim this early on, but they're clearly willing to take advantage of these sales, too.

inky

Definitely getting Orcs must Die. Looks like a lot of fun, it's a tower defense + third person shooter or something? RPG elements I hope!

Not really on the bolded part, but definitely get it. Great game.

The only thing you could count as RPG elements are the Weavers. They're basically talentl trees for your Traps/Weapons

This is true, and it adds a lot of variety to the combat (making it spell focused, trap focused, champion focused or a mix of all) and enhances re-playability as well.

didamangi

Thank you MRORANGE :)

Quote + post a picture of Murray from Monkey Island for Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII steam code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom