• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

curse-of-monkey-island-guybrush-murray.jpg

PM sent :)

How do I open console in Oblivion? I have no problem with the non-steam copy that I got years ago, but I press ~ and nothing happens. I checked the .ini file and bAllowConsole is 1. I don't know what to do here. I'm trying to install some mods and screw around for a bit.

Scythian

I swear King Arthur was a Midweek madness a few weeks ago, even with the same art and stuff. Guess they're preparing for Holiday sale, and don't have time for silly Madnesseses.

jkoch

I give to the devs, too. Seems like they probably need it. It's nice that money is going to charity for it but I don't really understand why that's involved.

I thought I was the only one that wondered this, so I've kept quiet about it. I don't understand why charity has to be tied in with so many things.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, what do people's wish lists look like? I'm looking for some inspiration for my own list, so I get a good selection of games in the very unlikely case that I win the draw one of these days.

Currently my list looks like this (these are games I have either not played at all, or have played but not finished and would like to have in my Steam library):

Saints Row: The Third
Batman: Arkham City
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Just Cause 2
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas

...plus some other stuff.

C_H_T

Flatout 3 is up for pre-purchase: http://store.steampowered.com/app/201510/

Comes out on December 13, 2011

The (real) new Flatout is Ridge Racer Unbounded.

So, what games do people have on their wishlists? I'm looking for some inspiration for my own list, so I get a good selection of games in the very unlikely case that I win the draw one of these days.

Currently my list looks like this (these are games I have either not played at all, or have played but not finished and would like to have in my Steam library):

Saints Row: The Third
Batman: Arkham City
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Just Cause 2
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas

How about (if you don't own these games):

Modern Warfare 3
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed Revelations

Metro Last Light
Darksiders 2

Prezhulio

so how is the dlc for orcs must die? i've already got thebase game and like it a lot, but if it's just skins and such i'll pass on it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How about (if you don't own these games):

Modern Warfare 3

Have never really liked the COD/MW games. I play very few FPSs, there are just other genres I enjoy much more. I do love the Half-Life series, but that's pretty much it.

Already own it, and love it!

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Sort of interesting, but I haven't really played the previous games (tried the first one and AC2 a bit, but never got "hooked"). Could I jump in at this point, or should I work my way up to it?

Metro Last Light

Again, an FPS (which isn't necessarily a problem, but it has to bring something new to the table to be interesting to me). And I haven't played the first one.

Darksiders 2

Hmm, yes. But again, I haven't played the first one. Problem?

Giard

I was wondering, am I the only one whose steam client almost never manages to load store pages correctly? Links are broken, the backgrounds are always white, 80% of the pics don't load. Problem on my end or on theirs?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I thought I was the only one that wondered this, so I've kept quiet about it. I don't understand why charity has to be tied in with so many things.

Besides it being a nice thing for the Humble Bundle to do, I think it is a clever way of keeping people "honest." The average person may be less inclined to only pay a penny, instead putting down at least a dollar and setting it to charity.

Even myself, my behavior is totally different between the Humble Bundle (which has the charity element) and Indie Royale (which doesn't). With the Humble Bundle, I'll at least put down $10 if I'm remotely interested in the games or if I know I'll probably never play them, at least $5. I've even gone back and increased the donation after I really enjoyed certain games. However, with Indie Royale, I try to get it for as little money as possible.

I also never gift away extra keys from the Humble Bundles. From my perspective, it's for charity and if you can't even pony up a dollar, why do you deserve the key? Conversely, during the last Indie Royale, I gifted away the majority of the games to my friends.

The charity element helps make the Humble Bundle more than just a "business."

I can feel it in the air. Christmas sale is coming! it's like Christmas, only instead of leaving cookies and milk for Santa, I only leave my wallet for Gabe.

GAF, what are your white whales for this upcoming sale? Anything you want above everything else?

I am trying to limit myself to a few games I was hoping would show up as daily deals during the last sale so for me:

Bulletstorm
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Serious Sam 3 (even if it is a small discount I may go ahead and dive in)
Dead Island
Fallout New Vegas (maybe)

C_H_T

Have never really liked the COD/MW games. I play very few FPSs, there are just other genres I enjoy much more. I do love the Half-Life series, but that's pretty much it.

Already own it, and love it!

Sort of interesting, but I haven't really played the previous games (tried the first one and AC2 a bit, but never got "hooked"). Could I jump in at this point, or should I work my way up to it?

If you don't like AC2, I don't think you'll like Revelations or Brotherhood. The game hasn't dramatically changed.

Again, an FPS (which isn't necessarily a problem, but it has to bring something new to the table to be interesting to me). And I haven't played the first one.

Hmm, yes. But again, I haven't played the first one. Problem?

Darksiders is a great game. You should give it a try, it's like when God of War meets Zelda. It should be on sale soon (Daily deal or X-mas sale on steam).

1-D_FTW

I was wondering, am I the only one whose steam client almost never manages to load store pages correctly? Links are broken, the backgrounds are always white, 80% of the pics don't load. Problem on my end or on theirs?

I'm of the firm belief that all servers are not created equal.

Steam -> Settings --> Downloads --> Try a different region as your default

It could possibly be that simple.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you don't like AC2, I don't think you'll like Revelations or Brotherhood. The game hasn't dramatically changed.

Actually, I mostly stopped playing because I couldn't handle the awful screen tearing in the PS3 version. I now have a laptop that should be more than capable of running it, so maybe I should give it another try. I did, however, find it pretty repetitive for the few hours I did play.

Darksiders is a great game. You should give it a try, it's like when God of War meets Zelda. It should be on sale soon (Daily deal or X-mas sale on steam).

Yeah, I might pick it up if there's a nice sale on it. I have always been interested in it (although I really don't like the art style).

1-D_FTW

Actually, I mostly stopped playing because I couldn't handle the awful screen tearing in the PS3 version. I now have a laptop that should be more than capable of running it, so maybe I should give it another try. I did, however, find it pretty repetitive for the few hours I did play.

Yeah, I might pick it up if there's a nice sale on it. I have always been interested in it (although I really don't like the art style).

It seemingly goes on sale every other week for 4.99. So you shouldn't have to wait too long if you want to try it.

if i buy a copy of saint's row the third from the thq uk store, should the key register and play fine with my US steam account?

Possibly, I think the region restrictions with activating Steam games only apply to E.Europe/Russian cd-keys. You might want to wait for someone else to answer though.

coopolon

I am trying to limit myself to a few games I was hoping would show up as daily deals during the last sale so for me:

Bulletstorm
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Serious Sam 3 (even if it is a small discount I may go ahead and dive in)
Dead Island
Fallout New Vegas (maybe)

I was pretty disappointed at the absence of Brotherhood during the Thanksgiving sale. Pretty much the only game I think I'll get over xmas if it goes $10 or less. It was around $16 for the Summer sale, and it's been $10 on Amazon already this year.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hopefully they'll accept my Stop & Shop coupons, too.

And run double coupon Wednesday deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom