• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hey, I didn't notice the X3 expansion was up earlier! Bought!

Is it an expansion or an entirely new game (standalone)? I added it to my wishlist but wasn't for sure. I have X3 Terran retail and loved it.

Edit: Nevermind. Says it requires X3 Terran so I guess that answers my question. Ofc I have that on Steam since I had the key from retail.

Aselith

Is it an expansion or an entirely new game (standalone)? I added it to my wishlist but wasn't for sure. I have X3 Terran retail and loved it.

Edit: Nevermind. Says it requires X3 Terran so I guess that answers my question. Ofc I have that on Steam since I had the key from retail.

Yeah, they originally had a new game called X: Rebirth planned for this quarter but I guess they pushed that into next year and this is a DLC/expansion that links the old game and the new one somehow.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I would be super surprised if it was cheaper to buy gift copies than buying for yourself.

Yeah I'm really interested in what they mean with like every game having holiday 2011 gift attached to it.
Also if thats the case or it's something similar giving u an incentive to gift, Gaf is going to be on a gift giving frenzy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Holiday Gift: Demon Forge, Portal 2. Knocking out 2 of the 3 big titles I want. With Bulletstorm being the odd one out.

Card Boy

Banned
Nice probably LTTP but good to see Poxnora on Steam. I got an account from way back, but i wonder what the deal is now that Sony bought the company out?

Aselith

Yeah I'm really interested in what they mean with like every game having holiday 2011 gift attached to it.
Also if thats the case or it's something similar giving u an incentive to gift, Gaf is going to be on a gift giving frenzy.

Maybe they're going to do buy one get one free on a ton of games during the sale.

Nice probably LTTP but good to see Poxnora on Steam. I got an account from way back, but i wonder what the deal is now that Sony bought the company out?

It looks like a good fit for the PC I'm stuck on right now, what's it all about? The collectible turn-based description made me think Pokemon.

Chesskid1

Banned
Maybe they're going to do buy one get one free on a ton of games during the sale.

yeah i'm guessing its something like that but there are some big titles, so probably more like..

buy 1 copy for $5, two copies for $7.50.

it's a neat idea but i'm not really into it, the people i'm willing to buy gifts for is a rather small number so there will be alot of splitting of packs for me if there's some type of gifting promotion.

at least we know skyrim is part of the deal :p

Aselith

Interesting, not sure it offers enough for the purely economic focused player for €10 though.

Stock exchange and I'm assuming that some of the 30 new ships are useful as transports. Plus, they've got new ships! And I'm not sure about those graphs but they may be cool. Also, there are new ships in there! Ships!

Kabouter

Stock exchange and I'm assuming that some of the 30 new ships are useful as transports. Plus, they've got new ships! And I'm not sure about those graphs but they may be cool. Also, there are new ships in there! Ships!

Haha, it's a bit light man :D. I'll grab it if they do a good sale on it.

xelios

This gifting thing is the exact opposite of what I need since I was totally planning on getting out of the gifting business except for close e-friends. Temptation!

I'm thinking there's some meta-game involving giving gifts and that's what Feep was alluding to. Cause here in the Steam thread we love to give the gift of game!

Galatic Arms Race is coming to Steam: http://gar.eecs.ucf.edu/

Players pilot a GunShip and battle aliens, pirates, and other villanous enemies, to gain levels, skills, and most importantly, discover unique and potentially more powerful weapon systems to outfit their GunShips. Through the unique cgNEAT content-generation technology, new weapons are constantly created by the game automatically.

xelios

It's true. I've got a lump of love ready for his stocking, let me tell you.

You already did with NV+DLC and don't dare. Btw you didn't have a wishlist until this contest which made me stumped, but don't worry I copied it into notepad for when you inevitably delete it.

Eusis

That is a decent first rule...but it does not always apply!

If a game looks too cheap to be true, it probably is. Mistakes can happen. Buy it whilst you get the chance.
Also sometimes it's so cheap that... well, why even bother waiting? If that game's on sale for 2 dollars and you want it, what good is waiting going to do you? Hope you can get it in a bundle or something?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I remember when the entire 1C collection was accidentally like $30, and I missed it by 5 minutes.

Shit hurt like a mutha, and still does.

Sober

Also sometimes it's so cheap that... well, why even bother waiting? If that game's on sale for 2 dollars and you want it, what good is waiting going to do you? Hope you can get it in a bundle or something?
It's hilarious how some people get their trousers in a bunch over the price sometimes.

I have some simple rules:
1) If you are paying full price, know what you are paying for. Also, play it ASAP. (This is always funny when someone preorders it, doesn't play it then complains when it goes on sale months even weeks after sitting in their backlog ... really?)

2) If it's 75% off already on the first day of a sale but not featured it's usually as low as it'll go (unless it's Trine or something)

3) If it's a sale, anything I bought at 7.50$ or higher means you should download and play it as soon as you can (I broke this rule a couple of times)

4) If it's a sale, anything at 4.99$ or less will sit in my backlog for a rainy, rainy day (which might explain why my backlog is also most of my GoG.com collection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom