• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Am I missing it, or is there no Call of Duty on that list? Maybe it is just a partial listing or a troll. Capcom and EA missing are believable. No Call of Duty's? This I don't believe. Activision likes to milk old titles with the best of them.

EDIT: Actually, I love awwyeahgurrl's idea. Tickets redeemable for games. Sounds too good to believe, though.

Volcynika

Don't buy that turd of a game, EDF. Every time I spawn I fall right through the ground until I die. I haven't even fought a single enemy yet. I loved the original on the Xbox, but this is just pathetic.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614971339522996310/502E81CD58D40760A130045C9170BFED3766E9F3/[IMG][/QUOTE]

I laughed.

graywolf323

just to clear things up here is a list of games from the daily wishlist competition that people have won.

You can see someone has won SSFIV which is not part of the gift list posted in the previous page.

So the gift list must be real or valve is trolling us again.

they do like to troll us

Derrick01

Banned
I'm kind of hoping that long list is the whole deal set because I only want
Morrowind GOTY
from that. I have or don't care about the rest of that list. I kind of need the break too since I'm virtually broke right now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
EDF is a train wreck?

Can you at least force some kind of AA or have you tried and not succeeded?

It has an in game AA option but it doesn't work very well. Seems to be MLAA or FXAA or possibly just edge detect AA.

I haven't tried forcing anything better yet.

Askani

I missed that they added Demigod for only $10 yesterday. My backlog is crying as it is, so I'll pass for now. With a base price of $10 and Gabe's habit of sales, I'm sure it will be mine soon.

Blizzard

Banned
I've enabled the ingame AA without any trouble. Definitely takes the aliasing off the foundations and imaginary basements of the buildings.
Maybe since it's EARTH defense force, you're defending the earth by sinking inside of it...or something. It goes right along with your normal playstyle of Defending Dungeons.

Aselith

Don't buy that turd of a game, EDF. Every time I spawn I fall right through the ground until I die. I haven't even fought a single enemy yet. I loved the original on the Xbox, but this is just pathetic.

502E81CD58D40760A130045C9170BFED3766E9F3

Did you verify the integrity of the game cache? Might try that and see if there's a problem there.

Twinduct

Not yet but I went on the forums and it said that they are working on getting it reoslved for X Superbox owners.

Thanks Lothars =)

Wait what? How do you know if your eligible? I have the X's too.

X3:TC Store Page said:
X3: Albion Prelude is the latest game in the X3 space game series. TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD, THINK in a living and breathing universe. A new plot and many additions to the open free-form gameplay. This expansion has been added to free to owners of the X3: SuperBox.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
just to clear things up here is a list of games from the daily wishlist competition that people have won.

You can see someone has won SSFIV which is not part of the gift list posted in the previous page.

So the gift list must be real or valve is trolling us again.

I'm going to be the first to win BioShock Infinite. I can feel it.

On that note, I'd like for Valve to fix the BioInf wishlist entry, as it listing as "Unreleased Game" fills me with a paranoid feeling that the item is invalid.

mrgone

Jesus Christ, Sanctum's devs, you could give a heads up before you send in a 1.3GB update...

It's getting a little troublesome, all of these huge updates. I'm going to be through my month's bandwidth quota before the sale even starts :(

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Nuclear Dawn is already 40% off. Weekend Deal + Free Weekend.

I'm in for a 4pack! Needed someone in America to host though.

Nah, still won't get Limbo. Not really my type.

Limbo is my type of game and I didn't even like it. When it was finally released on PS3 I shit myself, but when I actually played it I wasn't very impressed.

To me it felt like... they did a good job with the atmosphere, but it kind of played like a well made LittleBigPlanet level. The problem is that even good LBP levels are still shitty.

Limbo is my type of game and I didn't even like it. When it was finally released on PS3 I shit myself, but when I actually played it I wasn't very impressed.

To me it felt like... they did a good job with the atmosphere, but it kind of played like a well made LittleBigPlanet level. The problem is that even good LBP levels are still shitty.

my problem with it lies in the industrial bullshit that followed the amazing outdoors areas that the game began with. Those areas, with their shitty puzzles, along with the trial and error nature of the game....grrrrrr.

it was the longest 3 hours ive experienced.

my problem with it lies in the industrial bullshit that followed the amazing outdoors areas that the game began with

I quit around there, yeah. The first 5 minutes or so were good, but got less and less interesting as it went.

It wasn't fun and there was no intrigue. I don't think horror driven games require great or fun gameplay (SH is anything but fun to play) but games like SH are compelling in many other ways. Limbo didn't have anything compelling about it at all.

mrgone

Hard Reset is 50% off on Impule. I think that's steamworks, right?

Yup! I'd be willing to bet that it'll be less than 50% off during the Steam sale, though. Plus you'll get that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with not giving money to Gamestop

my problem with it lies in the industrial bullshit that followed the amazing outdoors areas that the game began with. Those areas, with their shitty puzzles, along with the trial and error nature of the game....grrrrrr.

That one fucking switch. You know the one. That made me quit the game. $2.50 doesn't seem like a bad price, though, but I regret the $10 I spent on the xbox version.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm trying hard right now to remember who told me during the Summer Sale to not bother with the X3 Gold Box and only buy Terran Conflict.

Virtually everyone who knows about X3. I was told the same thing by everyone and I think it's because the other games are like Terran Conflict but lesser because TC was built as an expansion of the others. There was literally no point in playing the others.

1-D_FTW

I got fairly deep into the industrial before I had enough of that. The game ceased being fun, so I quit and uninstalled. For 2.50 I don't regret my purchase one bit. Got my money's worth. Just disappointed the pacing went to shit there and I felt the need to quit before seeing the end.

I think it'd be funny that you could only get the deal if you bought the game as a gift for someone else. The amount of trading that would happen would be hilarious.

Also steam support has been pretty quick to respond to me. Pretty happy with the results hopefully its resolved by the end of today.

Aselith

I'm trying hard right now to remember who told me during the Summer Sale to not bother with the X3 Gold Box and only buy Terran Conflict.
It was because the other stuff is not needed BUT the superbox is 9.99 at gamersgate. It's the best deal currently and activates on Steam as a retail copy apparently. Plus you'd get the expansion free with that.

amrod

TGMIII

Really tempted to grab witcher 2 but I just have a funny feeling it'll be cheaper during the winter sale. What's the cheapest a steam version has been?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
NEW RELEASE

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Traitor Legions Pack
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55341/

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Emperor’s Elite Pack
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55340/

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Golden Relic Bolter
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55343/

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Golden Relic Chainsword
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55344/

Pirates of Black Cove: Origins
http://store.steampowered.com/

Will get the Space Marine skins during Winter Sale just to support Relic and THQ.

ShaneB

I played through Limbo like, a week ago, and really enjoyed it. A few moments had me slightly irked, but it's a game I'm definitely glad I experienced, and for 2.50 and the game length, it's a great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom