• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Just went and checked my mail and realized it was flooded with shit from Steam. And then I realized I got an e-mail for each game I won!

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Assasin's Creed: Revelations
Deus Ex: Revolution
Sonic Generations
Rage
Saints Row: The Third
Skyrim

Darksiders 2
Metro: Last Light

Here's hoping THQ doesn't go down the toilet and I see those!

FUCKING PUMPED. Gotta go redeem these bitches, now!

Congrats! That's a crazy list of games.

Just went and checked my mail and realized it was flooded with shit from Steam. And then I realized I got an e-mail for each game I won!

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

CONGRATS!!!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Nice job man!

Joe Molotov

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Awesome!

Echoplx

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

I always thought it would be cool to see someone from GAF win, but now I'm just sad.

Congrats dude

oipic

Awesome, congrats mate! Fine collection of games, and hundreds of hours of gaming goodness. Enjoy!

Great to see a GAFfer smiled upon by the Steam overlords - God only knows how many dollars this board has been responsible for putting in Valve's pockets, so it's only fair and reasonable, surely.

Nabs

1dftwqiy60.png

So good

1-D_FTW

Trying to hold off on games that have good 3D, so Rage makes an easy first choice. 21GB download, here we come:)

What a crazy surprise. They were sent out at 5:15PM Eastern time. So it takes a while after each day ends before they do this. So pumped right now!

http://www.abload.de/img/1dftwqiy60.png[IMG]

So good[/QUOTE]

Seeing it all there in one row... crazy.

snack

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Congrats!

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Dreams really do come true! You've given me hope.

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Congrats man! I'm happy to see a gaffer winning :D

Please enjoy those games for the rest of us!

Instro

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Niiiiice. Congrats man.

Bloody hell Capcom, you reused that crappy Dark Void Zero DRM where you can only have 5 machines, period? The one where there's no way to de-authenticate? The one where if you hit the limit, that's it, you can't install it anymore? The phrase "Enjoy your rental" definitely rings true when this DRM is involved.

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Congratulations!

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Congrats man.

Derrick01

Banned

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Congrats that's a hell of a list. Pretty much most of the best games released this year, you're getting a much better value then what I'll get if I end up winning.

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Woah, congratulations.

Also: I guess that's that, then.jpg :(

vall03

damn, whenever I wake up in the morning, first thing I do is launch Steam to visit the daily deal page and then check my mail... *sigh*

Dambrosi

Banned

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

You won the motherlode? Congratulations!

Makes you wonder who else won their wishlist. Maybe they'll tell us when all this is over? Or, maybe not.

Ceebs

Care to elaborate? I'm not trying to provoke you or anything, I haven't played AC but I really enjoyed AA, so I'd like to know what makes it worse.

There are a few things about it that bothered me.

The most obvious is the open world. It's very "samey" in terms of looks and I felt navigating it was more effort than it was worth. The large area in the dead center is also inaccessible at the beginning of the game meaning you have to travel out of your way to go from side to side of the map.

One of the more subtle things was the combat felt like it suffered a major case of feature creep. There are just so many gadgets and specialty moves it gets overwhelming if you are not someone that plays a ton of these character action games. I would be in situations where I knew what I had to do, but all the various button combos had started to run together on me. I really liked the combat in AA as well so I think this was just a case of less is more.

Less is more goes for the collectibles and villains. There are tons of villains and none of them have half the impact even Poison Ivy had in AA. They all feel like cameo appearances. After a while the rogues parade just sort of dulled for me. As for the collectibles there were just so many all over the place it just turned me off from even trying any of it.

Finally, my last complaint is the pacing. AA had tight and deliberate pacing. AC just feels off. Playing hot or cold in a boring open world to find the next objective is not what I wanted from this game.

So a member of SteamGAF, a vocal group of wishlist giveaway skeptics, wins the giveaway? Seems highly suspicious to me. Valve knows we were on to them, so they picked a winner from our very ranks. Clever girl.

GRATS DUDE

You won the motherlode? Congratulations!

Makes you wonder who else won their wishlist. Maybe they'll tell us when all this is over? Or, maybe not.

They have a thread on the Steam forums that announces the games people won, but in the interest of privacy, they do not give out the names.

C_H_T

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

congrats.

Speevy

Banned
This might seem like an odd question, but why does Magicka run so poorly on my computer?

It seems like I've been able to run things that are 10x as demanding with better settings too.

Is there a way to make it run better, aside from what I'm doing (800x600, low settings, windowed).

Just curious

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Sonic Generations
Rage
Skyrim

Darksiders 2

Epic. Congratulations!

Man stop the screenshots, it hurts so bad

It wriggles and twists, itching and burning like caustic potash under my skin. The only consolation is all the games he won are crap and the disappointment he'll feel will only be matched by the guilt at his expanded backlog.

Fucking nice one, well done fella.

Aselith

So a member of SteamGAF, a vocal group of wishlist giveaway skeptics, wins the giveaway? Seems highly suspicious to me. Valve knows we were on to them, so they picked a winner from our very ranks. Clever girl.

GRATS DUDE

They also made sure there were a few unreleased games in there. Of course they did!

1-D_FTW

WAIT! Wait, wait, wait...1-D why did you wishlist the regular edition of Deus Ex rather than the Augmented version?

Because I'm an idiot and when I typed Deus Ex into the search box, only the 49.99 version appeared. Didn't realize there was another version :lol

I also added Bioshock Infinite the other day. But because it just said Unreleased Title for the title, had no ambition to move it from the bottom of the list.

Oh, well. 10 free games:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom