• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

biocat

I'm not too bad.

Has logged 371.7 hours of playtime —that's 15 days, 11 hours, and 42 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Chaos Rising, which accounts for 10.0% of their playtime

"Has logged 78.9 hours of playtime — that's 3 days, 6 hours, and 53 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, which accounts for 34.0% of their playtime"

scarybore

"Has logged 2679.3 hours of playtime — that's 111 days, 15 hours, and 17 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Football Manager 2011, which accounts for 12.0% of their playtime."

That's 324.6 hours spent playing what is essentially a football database, and 671.6 hours if I take the other games in the series into account, somebody shoot me now. :(

blackmamba1187: Has logged 464.0 hours of playtime — that's 19 days, 8 hours, and 0 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Dragon Age: Origins, which accounts for 18.0% of their playtime
-Has played 125 games out of 443. ..ouch

Pretty accurate representation except for a few games like L4D and HL2 that I know got reset at some point.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Htown
Has logged 1512.5 hours of playtime — that's 63 days, 0 hours, and 30 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 20.0% of their playtime

EDIT: The fact that some games have gone F2P has messed up the cost per hour thing a bit. For example Arkham Asylum is shown as $0.00, but that's because it was replaced by the GOTY edition.

Has logged 989.4 hours of playtime — that's 41 days, 5 hours, and 24 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 63.0% of their playtime

Aw yeah. hat fortress forever

Sir Garbageman

Has logged 828.9 hours of playtime — that's 34 days, 12 hours, and 54 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Dragon Age: Origins, which accounts for 12.0% of their playtime

Ranked 5602nd with 828.9 hours played
Has played 59 games out of 103. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 103 games for a total worth of $1393.27 (at the games' current prices)
Eight games Sir Garbageman currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $1.68

inky

I don't play much, but:

ink

Has logged 311.7 hours of playtime — that's 12 days, 23 hours, and 42 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition, which accounts for 12.0% of their playtime.

I regret nothing.

I also have only played about 50% of my games. =/

MNC

Lol'd.

Has logged 1186.8 hours of playtime — that's 49 days, 10 hours, and 48 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 20.0% of their playtime

•Ranked 3891st with 1186.8 hours played
•Has played 96 games out of 174. You can also view unplayed and played games
•Owns 174 games for a total worth of $1849.16 (at the games' current prices)
•Twenty games MNC currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
•Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $1.56
That's pretty bad. :/

Extra stat: I've played 55,17% of my games atleast once.
Also, giveaways :eek: Saints Row 3 :eek:

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Not to ruin the guy's hustle, but just so everyone knows:

That Wasted on Steam site embeds referral links in everything it can, like links to Amazon and Green Man Gaming. Jut so you know, if you're sensitive to those kinds of things.

MNC

Not to ruin the guy's hustle, but just so everyone knows:

That Wasted on Steam site embeds referral links in everything it can, like links to Amazon and Green Man Gaming. Jut so you know, if you're sensitive to those kinds of things.

Oh fuck. If played right he can make a small fortune.

Therion

Therion
Has logged 2009.1 hours of playtime — that's 83 days, 17 hours, and 6 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing X3: Terran Conflict, which accounts for 20.0% of their playtime

I guess I shouldn't be surprised which game came out on top. And to think, a huge part of that playing time was spent at 10x normal speed.

Dizzy-4U

Dizzy

Has logged 892.5 hours of playtime — that's 37 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing EVE Online: Crucible, which accounts for 19.0% of their playtime
That sounds about right.

Askani

Hmm...

SonAskani

Has logged 453.9 hours of playtime — that's 18 days, 21 hours, and 54 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, which accounts for 23.0% of their playtime

Bleh. Need to play the shit out of something to wipe that shame away.

Ranked 8186th with 453.9 hours played
Has played 55 games out of 160. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 160 games for a total worth of $1659.20 (at the games' current prices)
Ten games SonAskani currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $3.66

iavi

MiriMiri
Has logged 153.6 hours of playtime — that's 6 days, 9 hours, and 36 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, which accounts for 33.0% of their playtime[

Ranked 11192nd with 153.6 hours played
Has played 25 games out of 54. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 54 games for a total worth of $608.34 (at the games' current prices)
Five games MiriMiri currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $3.96

Talk about lightweight, lol.

Has logged 600.2 hours of playtime — that's 25 days, 0 hours, and 11 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 9.0% of their playtime

Misc. stats
Ranked 7135th with 600.2 hours played
Has played 67 games out of 120. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 120 games for a total worth of $1448.53 (at the games' current prices)
Twelve games snoopeasystreet currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $2.41

Cost per hour is really interesting. Shame it doesn't take in the price you actually paid for the games.

Rapstah

Has logged 1190.4 hours of playtime — that's 49 days, 14 hours, and 24 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 50.0% of their playtime

And depressingly:

Owns 95 games for a total worth of $1161.23 (at the games' current prices)

Asdfghjkytrfgh. I hope bundles and gifts halve that at least.

EDIT: But I have pretty much played every game I own! I had approximately 15 games unplayed, but most were mods or free weekend things. That feels better.

Baha

Has logged 5550.3 hours of playtime — that's 231 days, 6 hours, and 18 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Team Fortress 2, which accounts for 54.0% of their playtime

Ok, I did idle quite a bit in TF2, moving on...

Ranked 68th with 5550.3 hours played
Has played 206 games out of 370. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 370 games for a total worth of $4053.32 (at the games' current prices)
Twenty-six games Baha currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $0.73

Neat.

marrec

Banned
Has logged 1336.1 hours of playtime — that's 55 days, 16 hours, and 6 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing The Binding of Isaac, which accounts for 13.0% of their playtime

Binding of Isaac is a late entry for best game ever, don't know if you knew that.

Holy shit, I've put 173 hours into Binding of Isaac.

Ranked 3343rd with 1336.1 hours played
Has played 61 games out of 107. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 107 games for a total worth of $1181.91 (at the games' current prices)
Nine games marrec currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $0.88

Erebus

Has logged 655.6 hours of playtime — that's 27 days, 7 hours, and 35 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Left 4 Dead 2, which accounts for 92.0% of their playtime.

- Ranked 6764th with 655.6 hours played
- Has played 17 games out of 24.
- Owns 24 games for a total worth of €313.66 (at the games' current prices)
- Their overall account cost per hour of game time of the games list below is €0.48

I told you I love L4D2.

kswiston

Has logged 455.7 hours of playtime — that's 18 days, 23 hours, and 41 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which accounts for 10.0% of their playtime

How sad is it that 45 hours of Skyrim accounts for 10% of my registered play time? Steam is missing a lot of my 2009 and earlier playtime though.

Has played 122 games out of 310. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 310 games for a total worth of $3286.87 (at the games' current prices)

I also need to start playing more of the games I buy....

The DLC is also 75% off - even The Stars Are Left (the Cthulhu campaign one), which was released a couple of weeks ago! I should buy it, but on the other hand... I guess it will be at least as cheap as today during the Winter Sale (and I guess it will be a daily again as it's one of the Steam Winter Gifts of the registry).

Loved the game, everyone should buy it. I even played alone 90% of the time, so if you could play it with friends it's a no-brainer.

EDIT: Beaten like a wallet during a Steam sale.

:( and I'll make that ratio even worse over the next few weeks.
You think that's bad?
Has logged 161.8 hours of playtime — that's 6 days, 17 hours, and 48 minutes, with most of the time being spent playing Just Cause 2, which accounts for 21.0% of their playtime

Ranked 11312th with 161.8 hours played
Has played 21 games out of 195. You can also view unplayed and played games
Owns 195 games for a total worth of $2400.20 (at the games' current prices)
Twenty games robottens currently owns are on sale. View all of them?
Their overall account cost per hour of gametime of the games list below is $14.83
I really need to play more games...

Most of my EU3 time isn't counted since I use mods and don't play it through Steam then.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, so there it is a chance that it'll be lower than 75%? Or is there a chance that the daily xmas sale will be less than 75%?

morningbus

Will Magika go lower? It's tempting...

It's always possible. But we're talking about the matter of maybe a dollar. It'll certainly be this price again, at least.

If you're going to play it within the next week, then just buy it now. Don't stress if you could have saved 90 cents.

morningbus

I'm buying the game + DLCs, or are they not worth it?

DLCs aren't worth it, really. If you play multiplayer, only one person needs to have the maps.

Having said that, the Vietnam pack is worth supporting for the absurdity of it alone.

Not sure this is the place to put it, but it's Steam-related and I'd rather not start up a new thread for it, so here goes.

Christmas present recommendations on Steam: games for guys who like games. Supposing you wanted to spend 50 bucks, sales notwithstanding, what would be the best choice of the following three:

A) Saints Row the Third (hasn't played previous SRs but loved San Andreas and Vice City, thought GTA IV was just okay)

B) Arkham City (loved Asylum, starting to get back into metroidvanias)

C) a combination of four lesser-priced games costing 10-15 each like Bastion, Puzzle Agent 2, etc.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom