• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yl8vP.png

:(
I had something like 10 games back in january, essentially from the HL2 silver pack + registering HL. Way too much sales, although stuff like Sam & Max inflates the count.

Also, I have Frozenbyte Bundle and SpaceChem keys to give away from the latest humble bundle for whoever wants them and swears they'll never be a cheap asshole who scalps keys.

MRORANGE

Corto said:
In celebration of the third iteration of the Steam thread I have a steam code of Frozen Synapse to gift to the first that quotes me. No need to post funny pics, no elaborate chore or other strange demands... Feel free though to use your imagination and amuse me. Or not. hehehehe

bump FOR NEW PAGE, SOMEONE TAKE IT!

Corto

MRORANGE said:
bump FOR NEW PAGE, SOMEONE TAKE IT!

This pleases me as this means that people that populate this thread are fine gents that have the good taste of already possessing such a great game... But the offer is still on the table to someone that wants to grab it!

MRORANGE

Corto said:
This pleases me as this means that people that populate this thread are fine gents that have the good taste of already possessing such a great game... But the offer is still on the table to someone that wants to grab it!

if nobody wants it I can gift it to friend I guess, he has the pirate version >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MRORANGE said:
if nobody wants it I can gift it to friend I guess, he has the pirate version >_>

Okay, now the game needs DLC in the form of a pirate-themed overhaul.

Adnor

Banned
Corto said:
In celebration of the third iteration of the Steam thread I have a steam code of Frozen Synapse to gift to the first that quotes me. No need to post funny pics, no elaborate chore or other strange demands... Feel free though to use your imagination and amuse me. Or not. hehehehe
Me,please? I need more games on my steam list, I think I only have 30 :D

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
is it true that steam can ban your account for buying region locked games(via from those russian sites)?

MRORANGE

SteveO409 said:
is it true that steam can ban your account for buying region locked games(via from those russian sites)?

most likely they will remove the game in question from your account.

Corto

Adnor said:
Me,please? I need more games on my steam list, I think I only have 30 :D

You don't mind MRORANGE that I gift the game to Adnor? You were technically the first quoting me.

Palette Swap said:
Yl8vP.png

:(
I had something like 10 games back in january, essentially from the HL2 silver pack + registering HL. Way too much sales, although stuff like Sam & Max inflates the count.

Also, I have Frozenbyte Bundle and SpaceChem keys to give away from the latest humble bundle for whoever wants them and swears they'll never be a cheap asshole who scalps keys.
I'll take spacechem if its still going. I'm sure it'll fetch me a tidy sum on ebay.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
MRORANGE said:
most likely they will remove the game in question from your account.
Hmm ok. I guess that's a major risk for a price cut. I usually don't replay games after beating it anyway

Hakkuei

SteveO409 said:
I think there is a risk if they catch you buying a game on steam using a VPN, but I've never seen anyone getting banned for buying a region locked game. Should be pretty safe.

I recently bought a russian deus ex key (and even some games on steam via VPN before) and so far so good.

Corto

Adnor said:
Give the game to MRORANGE. He quoted you first, but thanks :)

A winner is you Adnor! MRORANGE posted that he would gift it to a friend only if nobody else would want it. PM me your Steam ID, I'll forward you the steam code and the multiplayer code.

SmokyDave

Rufus said:
New thread and the first thing you fuckers do is compare lists.

Goddamnit people.
Coming up on Page 10: Steam Ratings and Hours Played.

Also, an in-depth FAQ on deleting clientregistry.blob

Kerrby said:
Okay what the fuck?
That's what I said when I watched them.

Palette Swap said:
If you haven't given the keys away, I would like the Frozenbyte Bundle.

Anyone else feel bad about putting up a wishlist? I only do it during sale seasons when you get a prize if you put up ten. I feel a bit guilty asking for games when there's a list of unplayed/unfinished ones, and there's always the possibility someone will buy it for me when it's not on sale.

I know, I know, I'm not doing it right.

Nightz

Hey guys I'm looking to become more of a PC gamer. I hope to spend a lot of moneys and have lists as big as you guys!

MNC

Fuck's sake I'm not on the list. Why do I even care?

Anyway, OT3 it is. We're burning through these like hot cakes on tits.

MRORANGE

someguyinahat said:
Anyone else feel bad about putting up a wishlist? I only do it during sale seasons when you get a prize if you put up ten. I feel a bit guilty asking for games when there's a list of unplayed/unfinished ones, and there's always the possibility someone will buy it for me when it's not on sale.

I only put a pre-order list for games that are going to come out soon and games I want to buy when they go on sale. I never really use it for people to buy me games but few of my friends have bought games I wanted which was nice :)

Yay, new thread. That secret satan idea is awesome, count me in. I can never participate in the regular secret satans because of the obscene shipping fees I have to pay over here. Once I got asked for my anus when trying to ship something. True story.

I only have a little over 100 games, btw. My steam-peen is puny.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
SalsaShark said:
Alright as a way of showing my love for the gaf steam community and as a great way to inaugurate this thread:

Im giving away a copy of Portal to whoever posts a picture of themselves doing a backflip over a river

i'll select randomly from all the submissions, go!
I'll give you two DiRT3 keys and a Portal key instead.

oh wai--

svegis

someguyinahat said:

I understand you, the only reason I have a wishlist is cause of the prizes, my profile is private so no-one can see it anyway, but the people I know don't gift me, which is fine by me, though. I also agree with feeling a bit guilty when I have tons of stuff to do before that. I actually helped a friend out who said he'd buy me any game just cause he wanted to pay me back, but I'm waiting for something that I want to hit a sale so he doesn't have to spend much. Which is silly, cause the median on my wishlist is in the 5-10€ range, hehe.

I'd say you're doing it right, and honest about it.

Glass Rebel said:
Wolfenstein. I just know.

Oh, I wouldn't mind replaying Return to Castle Wolfenstein again. Let's hope!

The_Monk

Wow, OT3|

I wonder if I'm the GAFfer with the smallest Steam list!

I mean, even my wishlist is bigger than my Steam games list... =(

YouQBl.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
Did you seriously take a picture of your steam account...as opposed to you know, pressing print screen and pasting into paint??

SmokyDave

Stallion Free said:
I'd be down to add that game to my Steam list so I could stop using my retail copy.
This logic bit me on the arse with Crysis. Why oh why can't the Steam version be patched?!

The_Monk

Gvaz said:
Did you seriously take a picture of your steam account...as opposed to you know, pressing print screen and pasting into paint??

Yes, I'm on a Mac, and I'm still learning how to properly do a printscreen and cut the part I want, sorry about that ^^

I'd be down to add that game to my Steam list so I could stop using my retail copy.

I played the demo and liked it. Felt kinda like Singularity, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

svegis said:
Oh, I wouldn't mind replaying Return to Castle Wolfenstein again. Let's hope!

I mean the new one.

@The_Monk You, sir, need more games. We don't want others to laugh at you, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom