• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 games. not that big. should reach 200 or more during x-mas sale. there's a few games i didn't buy and hope there's some major discounts or win the christmas sweepstakes.

The_Monk

Glass Rebel said:
@The_Monk You, sir, need more games. We don't want others to laugh at you, do we?

No, I don't. But, sir! I'm going through a hard time regarding money and sometimes paying in € is more expensive than in dollars.

Can I at least win the smallest-GAF-library consolation prize?

MRORANGE

The_Monk said:
Yes, I'm on a Mac, and I'm still learning how to properly do a printscreen and cut the part I want, sorry about that ^^

Hold down Apple key ⌘ + Shift + 3 and release all

SmokyDave

3chopl0x said:
It's already up to date, what needs to be patched?
My Steam version is 1.1.1.6156 and only has a 32 bit EXE. My retail version is 1.2.1 and has a 64 bit EXE as well. It's baffling.

Oh, and I want to patch it so I can use a filthy trainer for infinite rockets / grenades with no reload. I've completed the game legit and now I just want to have a blast.

Gvaz

Banned
The_Monk said:
Yes, I'm on a Mac, and I'm still learning how to properly do a printscreen and cut the part I want, sorry about that ^^
Ah well. I couldn't tell, I've never used a mac past version 8 so I couldn't tell you how to take one.

MRORANGE

3chopl0x said:
It's already up to date, what needs to be patched?

SmokyDave said:
My Steam version is 1.1.1.6156 and only has a 32 bit EXE. My retail version is 1.2.1 and has a 64 bit EXE as well. It's baffling.

Game still has Securom, with a 5 limit activation which cannot be redeemed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Glass Rebel said:
I played the demo and liked it. Felt kinda like Singularity, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I loved Singularity and I loved Wolfenstein. Raven really knocked it out of the park with both and it's a damn shame they didn't get the sales they deserved. They are still capable of crafting interesting fps games with great gunplay.

Nightz

The_Monk said:
No, I don't. But, sir! I'm going through a hard time regarding money and sometimes paying in € is more expensive than in dollars.

I only have 12 games in my library. >_>

Echoplx

SmokyDave said:

It's the same thing, probably just different patch structure for digital versions.

The 1.2 patch added the Mod option to the menu screen so if you have that it's up to date.

Code:
Crysis Patch v1.2
*Added mod loader to the main menu. User created content can now be loaded and unloaded through this menu.

Gvaz

Banned
I want to give wolfenstein the old college try, but Singularity was so....disappointing to me that it turned me off :( I liked the old wolfensteins....

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gvaz said:
I want to give wolfenstein the old college try, but Singularity was so....disappointing to me that it turned me off :( I liked the old wolfensteins....
New Wolf has more in common with Singularity (which was actually great) than it does with the older games.

PaulLFC

Lots of new registry stuff today:

- "Batman: Arkham 2 Early Access" - I assume this is early unlocks for Arkham City or something?
- Rage with Sewers - not quite sure what this is referring to as I don't have Rage.
- Duke Nukem Forever Parody Pack
- APB Reloaded, which I assume will be the next of the F2P games
- THQ Hit Collection - THQ sale coming up?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rage has this Sewers DLC content that comes with all new copies of the game. All copies on Steam are "new" so I believe it is referring to that. Prior to this, all new copies came with the Sewers DLC and the Anarchy items.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PaulLFC said:
- Rage with Sewers - not quite sure what this is referring to as I don't have Rage.

I think there are like locked off sewers in Rage that are going to be unlocked via DLC or pre-order DLC or something stupid like that? There was a thread about it.

Edit: Ah yeah, it's an online pass type new buyers' thing.

The_Monk said:

Just lurk this thread and you might stumble upon a nice Gaffer handing out a free game!

Stallion Free said:
I loved Singularity and I loved Wolfenstein. Raven really knocked it out of the park with both and it's a damn shame they didn't get the sales they deserved. They are still capable of crafting interesting fps games with great gunplay.

That's good to hear. I only recently got into playing their games and I love their gunplay. Gonna grab it for sure if when it's on sale.

I ended up buying Fable 3 and all of the DLC. I just accidentally typed "expansions", lol, now there's a word you won't hear much anymore.

It'll be hard to regret this purchase, I think, because A) I enjoyed the first two games and B) I didn't pay $60 like a sucker. Don't judge me!

SmokyDave

3chopl0x said:
It's the same thing, probably just different patch structure for digital versions.

The 1.2 patch added the Mod option to the menu screen so if you have that it's up to date.
Huh, that's odd. I'm pretty sure mine has the 'Mod' option. Damned 1.2.1 trainer doesn't work with the game though, no infinite grenades for me.

Any idea why there's no 64 Bit EXE? Warhead has one but vanilla Crysis doesn't.

PaulLFC said:
- Duke Nukem Forever Parody Pack
I want this. I have no idea what it is and I still haven't quite finished DNF, but I want this.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SmokyDave said:
I want this. I have no idea what it is and I still haven't quite finished DNF, but I want this.
It's just new maps for the multiplayer :(

I want the singleplayer DLC that is coming at some point (it's been revealed by the Steam achievements).

As much as I use Steam and considering I've been a member since Oct 2003, I seem to be lacking by only owning 240 games.

I need to sort that out.

Get gifting, GAF!

plc268

So, I've given spacechem a second chance...and I'm having fun with it.

Don't know what the hell I'm doing at times, but still damn cool.

SmokyDave

Stallion Free said:
It's just new maps for the multiplayer :(

I want the singleplayer DLC that is coming at some point (it's been revealed by the Steam achievements).
Booo, hiss. Still, I guess this gives me time to actually finish the game before the DLC arrives.

Firehead said:
I was hoping it was some idiotic skins / weapons and stuff for single player. Modes where enemies burst into song when hit or a laugh track or something.

plc268

Relax.MX said:
I dnot understand this game :(

Yea, unfortunately the tutorial doesn't help much... and I completely gave up and was confused the first time.

Then later a friend of mine explained the game a little better, and now it makes sense.

steam.jpg

I have been a steam member for over 7 years! and I am 22... steam is my oldest friend :(

Got Cogs in a Humble Bundle already. Been a while since a sale I was interested in and didn't have the game yet. Not that that is so bad, since I got a 170 game backlog or something.

Valygar

arts&crafts said:
Has deathspank ever been on sale? I like indie+rpg+humor but figure its steam so i should wait for a sale...

Nope... maybe the first one was on "sale" ages ago (last christmas?) at -33%. I'm waiting too :(.

Salsa

arts&crafts said:
Has deathspank ever been on sale? I like indie+rpg+humor but figure its steam so i should wait for a sale...

they are never on sale, its like Bloodlines 2

I have the first one but id really like to get the second one (and maybe the backoning.. maybe)

SalsaShark said:
they are never on sale, its like Bloodlines 2

I have the first one but id really like to get the second one (and maybe the backoning.. maybe)

Damn, maybe i will bite since I see it is supports the 360 controller and my usb adapter should come in the mail!

Can I ask for some recommendations here?

I was away from PC gaming for about 3-5 years (outside of HL and Portal, which I've been following) and am getting back into it now. What have the greatest hits been recently? I'm mostly looking for one-player stuff.

I see Rage is making people happy. What else is there? I'm open to pretty much any genre, but prefer action, shooters, puzzles, RTS over more plot- and collection- based stuff like RPGs.

I figured I'd ask in this thread, but they don't have to be Steam games. Thanks!

Battersea Power Station said:
Can I ask for some recommendations here?

I was away from PC gaming for about 3-5 years (outside of HL and Portal, which I've been following) and am getting back into it now. What have the greatest hits been recently? I'm mostly looking for one-player stuff.

I see Rage is making people happy. What else is there? I'm open to pretty much any genre, but prefer action, shooters, puzzles, RTS over more plot- and collection- based stuff like RPGs.

I figured I'd ask in this thread, but they don't have to be Steam games. Thanks!

I see you're not asking for RPGs but Deus Ex: Human Revolution is definitely worth a play.

But here are some recommendations:

Action: depends what kind of action you're looking for
Shooter: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl + Call of Pripiyat
Puzzle: Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (has RPG elements though), SpaceChem (it's in the humble bundle right now)
RTS: Company of Heroes and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War I and II + expansions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom