• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Loving Spacechem, managed to beat up to the first... well I was going to say boss, but let's say 'different scenario'. In any case, I need to take a step back.

The games is taking too much of my time anyways, and I'm not obsessed with it or totally admitting I had a Spacechem related dream last night.
(not game spoilers or anything)

SalsaShark said:
daily deal is Cogs 66% off

also known as the game everybody owns
I don't own it. Looks neat though, will check it out later today.
marrec said:
Oh thank god there is a new thread, now no one will know that I defended Fable III.

<.<
Hey, everybody, look! A Fable III defender!
PFKmV.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
RoaringHawk said:
Can I send my SpaceChem code from the Humble Bundle to someone else? If so, I have one up for grabs.
Yeah it's a separate Steam code on your Humble Bundle download page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SalsaShark said:
daily deal is Cogs 66% off

also known as the game everybody owns

Nah, that's Portal. Or Counter-Strike: Source.

RoaringHawk said:
Can I send my SpaceChem code from the Humble Bundle to someone else? If so, I have one up for grabs.

I'll take it. SpaceChem is the only game of the Bundle that I don't own (I bought the Bundle when the offer began, but as a gift).

fallout

Surprised how long it took me to find the new thread.

Lack of link in the old thread and shitty search makes fallout something something.

Blizzard

Banned
Is Cogs decent, worth $3.40?

Also, I had a Steam moment. =( Yesterday I was like Broken Sword, huh, doesn't look like it would be that interesting, so I probably won't buy it -- WHEN DID I ALREADY BUY ALL THREE OF THESE. But apparently they're well-respected adventure games so I must have picked them up in a holiday sale a while back, lol.

Chesskid1

Banned
spacechem is completely broken on my pc. looks to be an issue with ATI drivers (especially the 6000 series) from what i've been reading. insta crashes on startup.

game looks pretty cool, i've tried literally everything besides emailing the dev. i've read every page on the steam forum and reddit. looks to be a common issue.

oh well, game looks too complicated for me anyways. hopefully it's patched out someday.

For people who don't check the OT, the latest Dead Island patch has broken the game for every single PC player in the entire world. And Techland appear to have headed up the road for Friday vodkas.

Joe Molotov

jim-jam bongs said:
For people who don't check the OT, the latest Dead Island patch has broken the game for every single PC player in the entire world. And Techland appear to have headed up the road for Friday vodkas.

Well fanfuckingtastic.

MRORANGE

jim-jam bongs said:

wow, looks like I won't get the game even if it goes on sale.

Nightz

jim-jam bongs said:
Ouch.

Thrakier

Well guys...I'm from germany and regarding steam, I really got the ass card. Prices are sky high and content is heavily censored. I'd love to have a trustworthy person from UK to gift me games via his account. I'd paypal the money everytime upfront...

MRORANGE said:
wow, looks like I won't get the game even if it goes on sale.

No, you should definitely get it if you can get it cheaply. If nothing else it's a really interesting and refreshing take on both survival-horror and ARPGs, and I assume a time will come when they stop releasing patches so you don't have to worry about your game not loading or all of your saves disappearing from Steam Cloud.

It's one of my favourite games of this year, Techland just seem incapable of getting their shit together with it.

Blizzard said:
Is Cogs decent, worth $3.40?
It's not nearly as much fun as it looks, so no. It's basically a collection of those sliding number puzzles (get 1-15 in a 4x4 grid with one space missing), just more clever/difficult. I thought it would be a sort of 3D Pipe Dreams, it's not. You wind up spending a lot of time on a puzzle not because you can't figure out what to do but because you're shuffling all the pieces around and hoping you do it correctly and won't have to undo a section to realign everything.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Of All Trades said:
It's not nearly as much fun as it looks, so no. It's basically a collection of those sliding number puzzles (get 1-15 in a 4x4 grid with one space missing), just more clever/difficult. I thought it would be a sort of 3D Pipe Dreams, it's not. You wind up spending a lot of time on a puzzle not because you can't figure out what to do but because you're shuffling all the pieces around and hoping you do it correctly and won't have to undo a section to realign everything.

This. Until you're some kind of chess playing wunderkind, it's a luck-based brain agony simulator.

crimsonheadGCN said:
NVM

Edit: I should have really checked the previous posts. :<

Haha, to be fair we posted at about the same time. :p

Gez said:
Game uses Gamespy i believe as its ment to be cross platform multiplayer with iOS/Android/PS3/PC

I'm not crazy about having to use GameSpy but cross platform play is nice.

Derrick01

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:

It takes a special kind of developer like Techland to keep breaking their game even more with each patch. Thank god I uninstalled that POS.

jim-jam bongs said:
No I was right about it. They have since patched it and it's working again.

You and one other dude in the OT are hardly the world, and the game was working for you again 15 minutes after you posted in here.

Anyway, shit happens. Like you said, it's still a damn good game, when it's working.

LocoMrPollock said:
You and one other dude in the OT are hardly the world, and the game was working for you again 15 minutes after you posted in here.

Anyway, shit happens. Like you said, it's still a damn good game, when it's working.

There's a 20+ page thread on the Steam forums about it. Me and one other guy were certainly not the only people having problems.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wanna thank the guy who recommended Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble. Not much in the sense of gameplay but it's been hilarious so far and runs on my Laptop, and even VVVVVV lags in this garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom