• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
derFeef said:
I already asked this in the game thread, but maybe you guys can help me out:

In short:
- Installed and played retail game with retail GFWL key.
- Got Steam gift of same game from friend.
- Now playing the Steam version but the key is still the same retail GFWL key.
- What to do with new Steam GFWL key, is it bound to my Steam account somehow?

I think you can give the GFWL key to someone else and it'll work. I don't know how they'd be able to download the game outside of having the disk or downloading the iso off a shady site. What game is it?

So who thinks Renegade Ops will get delayed again? Like two hours ago, the release date was showing October 20, 2011 for a short while then it was fixed.

derFeef

snoopeasystreet said:
I think you can give the GFWL key to someone else and it'll work. I don't know how they'd be able to download the game outside of having the disk or downloading the iso off a shady site. What game is it?
Dead Rising 2: OTR. Wouldn't it be weird though as my Steam library would show this key then?

derFeef said:
Dead Rising 2: OTR. Wouldn't it be weird though as my Steam library would show this key then?

Yeah, it'd be weird but it'd probably still work. It's just one of those mixups when there's multiple types of drm stacked on top of a product.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
plc268 said:
I just don't have any fun in coop games, even playing with a friend.
Are you sure you are playing with the right people? Co-op games are generally like crack for me because I have a couple friends who fit perfectly with my playstyle.

PaulLFC

R1CHO said:
I am gonna kill a man if it gets delayed again.

And they change the date on the sega web:

http://us.download-store.sega.com/shop/renegade-ops/

The Steam page still says "released in approximately 4 hours" for me (UK). I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again at this point though. SEGA's handling of the PC version has been beyond terrible.

---

Looks like PC Gamer Digital has dropped permanently to £0.75/$0.99. Episode 3 was that price with 50% off, Episode 4 is that price as well, but doesn't mention any sort of discount or sale on the store page.

Sophuis

Neo Member
So apparently you can pre-purchase Arkham City on Steam now and get 20% off if you own AA. Which I do. On disk. Any way I can get in on this?

rossonero

Don't know if this is the right thread for it but how do you guys that have an SSD do with steam? Do you have steam on the SSD and the games on the mechanical or?

Is it possible to have 1-2 games on the SSD and the rest on the mechanical?

Nabs

Sophuis said:
So apparently you can pre-purchase Arkham City on Steam now and get 20% off if you own AA. Which I do. On disk. Any way I can get in on this?
Either have someone gift it to you, or pick up a code from ebay.

Sophuis

Neo Member
So if I understand correctly, if I have a friend who owns AA on Steam and can buy the game with 20% off, he can buy it as a gift for 40 bucks, then still buy it for himself for 40 bucks?

Derrick01

Banned
plc268 said:
I knew the moment that it wasn't for me when I heard it was a 4 player coop game. I just don't have any fun in coop games, even playing with a friend.

I hear you. I need to play at my own pace and I can't get immersed into a world when someone else is there. Plus most games that are built around co-op are no fun alone as they weren't made for it.

Nabs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70640/

header_292x136.jpg

Worms!!!

They need to throw Armageddon up there and I'll double dip!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
neoism said:
my account is screwed... :( I put in my pass, and it will not take it. :( I think I'm using the wrong secret answer because it never works when I change my pass... :( WTF man. this is so shitty. I'll never buy anything on steam again. How long to does it take steam to answer my question and help me.
The only time I had to use steam support it took them 3 days to answer me and they didn't solve my problem, so good luck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We're nearing the end of 2011 and Team17 still hasn't realised that all we Worms fans want is Worms: Armageddon in HD.

masterkajo

Someone from the UK willing to gift me Batman: Arkham Asylum? Had no luck on the global gifting thread. I am home from work in about 3 hours. Would paypal in advance of course. Please PM me.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Needs some more belts, bro. Lots more.

Are we really, really, really getting Renegade Ops today? I have a feeling I'll come home and it'll have a new December release date.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Needs some more belts, bro. Lots more.

Are we really, really, really getting Renegade Ops today? I have a feeling I'll come home and it'll have a new December release date.

I feel as though we've been hearing of RO PC for longer than Salsa's sex change.

plc268

Stallion Free said:
Are you sure you are playing with the right people? Co-op games are generally like crack for me because I have a couple friends who fit perfectly with my playstyle.

Derrick01 said:
I hear you. I need to play at my own pace and I can't get immersed into a world when someone else is there. Plus most games that are built around co-op are no fun alone as they weren't made for it.

Derrick01 basically answered my question. I actually like playing with friends in competitive multiplayer, but co-op, especially if a story is involved, is terrible to me because they'll want to rush, and I want to take my time. I experienced this to a lesser extent when I used to play WoW. I used to read the quest notes and all that stuff and treated it as an experience, when others playing with me never read it and just used questhelper or whatever.

In the end, I just like going at my own pace and not having to worry about the other person.

Edit:

Tempted to jump on Worms Crazy Golf. Don't know why, but looks fun, and only $9.

Blizzard

Banned
neoism said:
my account is screwed... :( I put in my pass, and it will not take it. :( I think I'm using the wrong secret answer because it never works when I change my pass... :( WTF man. this is so shitty. I'll never buy anything on steam again. How long to does it take steam to answer my question and help me.
It will probably take a few days if you made a support account and requested support. I'm almost convinced that my secret question/answer got deleted/changed once or twice and I had to go through the support process.

Askani

So, I got an email from Steam from last night:

Steam said:
<noreply@bitbucket.steampowered.com> Reply-To: X-Steam-Message-Type: Credit Card Purchase Receipt MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Thank you for your purchase Content-Type: multipart/alternative noreply@bitbucket.steampowered.com
reply-to "<noreply@bitbucket.steampowered.com> Reply-To: X-Steam-Message-Type: Credit Card Purchase Receipt MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Thank you for your purchase Content-Type: multipart/alternative" <noreply@bitbucket.steampowered.com>,
&nbsp,
"</div></td> <td width=202" </b>,
"</tr> <tr> <td width=200" </td>,
to [Available] <my email>@gmail.com
date Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:59 PM
mailed-by steampowered.com

I'm guessing this is supposed to be my receipt for buying Batman:AA (which is fuck awesome btw but you all already knew that). Someone said they had a weird email earlier from them too. Their mail system must have been really hosed.

plc268

Askani said:
So, I got an email from Steam from last night:

I'm guessing this is supposed to be my receipt for buying Batman:AA (which is fuck awesome btw but you all already knew that). Someone said they had a weird email earlier from them too. Their mail system must have been really hosed.

Yea, I got the same thing. Weird

Gvaz

Banned
plc268 said:
Derrick01 basically answered my question. I actually like playing with friends in competitive multiplayer, but co-op, especially if a story is involved, is terrible to me because they'll want to rush, and I want to take my time. I experienced this to a lesser extent when I used to play WoW. I used to read the quest notes and all that stuff and treated it as an experience, when others playing with me never read it and just used questhelper or whatever.
I'm the guy who doesn't read quests and just uses questhelper, even in non-wow games. Everything but the main quest idgaf about generally

Now Renegade Ops just has a October 2011 release frame and no specific date. I guess Valve was tired of changing it.

I wonder if it's some sort of last minute bug fixes that are holding it up or if it's Sega? Former wouldn't make sense since Avalanche are pretty good with their last few PC releases (Just Cause 2 and Hunter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom