• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
goldsoundz said:
Just purchased Batman: Arkham City, Assassins' Creed: Revalations, Modern Warfare 3, and Skyrim. Purchased Battlefield 3 on Origin--god damn it. I am locked and loaded. COME AT ME, NOVEMBER.

Wow, you're not fucking around. You'll probably need to quit your job and abandon your friends and family to keep up with all those games.

goldsoundz said:
Just purchased Batman: Arkham City, Assassins' Creed: Revalations, Modern Warfare 3, and Skyrim. Purchased Battlefield 3 on Origin--god damn it. I am locked and loaded. COME AT ME, NOVEMBER.
Holy shit man! We'll see you in a couple of months then.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
goldsoundz said:

Boy, I hope you play through those games day one, because if not you're going to have the worst christmas sale hangover ever :p

Truespeed

So I just launched Steam for the daily Renegade Ops delay notification and TF2 needed to download a 500MB update. Was there a major update recently announced?

PaulLFC

Sega are taking the piss with Renegade Ops now. I got it in a pack so it's not like I paid full price for it, but still, I actually want to play the damn thing. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if come October 31st it gets another delay to November, they seem to like delaying the game without giving us a reason why. Great way to treat your paying customers, Sega.

Snuggler said:
Wow, you're not fucking around. You'll probably need to quit your job and abandon your friends and family to keep up with all those games.
There's no way I'll be able to put any serious amount of time into any of these games, but I tend to lose all sense of self-control this time of the year. I can't help it. 8(

goldsoundz said:
There's no way I'll be able to put any serious amount of time into any of these games, but I tend to lose all sense of self-control this time of the year. I can't help it. 8(
At least you can admit to it.

MRORANGE

online problems for Dungeon Defenders have been fixed.

zlSZ7.jpg

<3 this game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Payday has a cool concept. As a Left 4 Dead fan and aspiring bank robber, it's right up my alley. Hopefully there is a demo.

MRORANGE

Snuggler said:
Payday has a cool concept. As a Left 4 Dead fan and aspiring bank robber, it's right up my alley. Hopefully there is a demo.

I think Overkill might have said a demo for pc, but I'm not sure about that.

PaulLFC

Hmm, I think Valve are starting to get cryptic with their registry names now. Some of the latest ones:

Eidos Montreal Dev Comp - not sure what this is, both DXHR and all its DLCs have entries already.
Turbine Autogrant Comp - no info on this one either.
New Bethesda Game - again, no info yet.

Some recent additions that do have some information - seems that there will be a Trine 2 beta. There's some Dungeon Defenders pets. Cave Story has been added, also there is a "Chapters DLC pack" and a "Complete DLC pack" for DoW II: Retribution.

------------
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection is 75% off too. The sequel is out in just over a week, so that's likely why they've discounted the first game.

Salsa

Payday has a quick look coming up tomorrow, i'll wait for that.

edit: wonder if the Cave Story entry is the wii-graphics one, i'll buy either way.

Echoplx

PaulLFC said:
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection is 75% off too. The sequel is out in just over a week, so that's likely why they've discounted the first game.

Does anyone know how this appears/plays with Steam?

Is it like base game + DLC or
base game plus separate entries for each expansion or
launch the latest one and it includes all the content

Hopefully someone knows wtf I'm talking about.

Joe Molotov

3chopl0x said:
Does anyone know how this appears/plays with Steam?

Is it like base game + DLC or
base game plus separate entries for each expansion or
launch the latest one and it includes all the content

Hopefully someone knows wtf I'm talking about.

One entry for the whole thing.

uqUZK.jpg

It won't let me buy the Sword of the Stars expansion because it says it requires that I own Sword of the Stars... which I do.

It's like 1.50 USD. I want it. :(

Joe Molotov

Schmattakopf said:
It won't let me buy the Sword of the Stars expansion because it says it requires that I own Sword of the Stars... which I do.

It's like 1.50 USD. I want it. :(

If you own Sword of the Stars Complete, you already have the expansion. The expansion is only listed separately for people that bought an earlier release of SOTS that didn't include it.

Joe Molotov said:
If you own Sword of the Stars Complete, you already have the expansion. The expansion is only listed separately for people that bought an earlier release of SOTS that didn't include it.
Oh woops, thanks. That needs to be clearer.

PaulLFC

The Renegade Ops page on the Sega e-store still says:

"Play on the day of release!
You'll receive your download links and activation code by email the 20/10/2011 at 23:00 BST."

... which is 8 hours and 18 minutes from now. Do we have any hope of them actually meeting that target? I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom