• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodney McKay said:
Totally. I benchmarked Batman AA with physx on with my Radeon 5770. The framerate dropped to single digits during the smoke and the library area, but it looked so nifty! The paper was actually separate pieces floating around instead of just a texture and they actually interacted with objects instead of going through them.
Okay I admit it I am ashamed I picked up the PS3 version now when I could have had this.

But I doubt my GPU would be able to handle that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Rodney McKay said:
Totally. I benchmarked Batman AA with physx on with my Radeon 5770. The framerate dropped to single digits during the smoke and the library area, but it looked so nifty! The paper was actually separate pieces floating around instead of just a texture and they actually interacted with objects instead of going through them.
PhysX on Batman:AA was pretty awesome, even on my 8800GTX. Specially the papers.

There's video of it here, comparing the two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luSAnouAFJs

vall03

dammit! I'm really tempted to get Arkham Asylum and then get Arkham City next month, but my poor poor wallet... :( Im also fucking busy and I don't think I'll be able to play Arkham City next month, what to do... *sigh*

me want :p
add me to salsa in case, with the only tihng i can pay tomorrow morning, now it's almost 2am in italy and in 5 hours i have t get up again to go for my morning run, and then it's frigging job time...
and my prepaid card linked to paypal cannot be used past 11pm and before 6am -.-
if anyone is buying the 4pack just pm me with the amount i have to send and your paypal id, plenty of gaffer can vouch for me!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
If someone feels kind enough to get me in a fourpack for this and wait a day or two till i get some payment, i'll appreciate it. Not THAT interested in the game but it does look like it could be fun, so worth a try.
do we need to make another image for you?

Asks to be in four pack without paying...
[pic]
Not that interested in the game...

vall03 said:
dammit! I'm really tempted to get Arkham Asylum and then get Arkham City next month, but my poor poor wallet... :( Im also fucking busy and I don't think I'll be able to play Arkham City next month, what to do... *sigh*

Look... here's the deal. Batman: AA is a MUCH better game than you think it is. MUCH better. The games you're currently looking forward to would disappoint you if you were to first play the 2 Batman games one after the other
in one month on PC

drizzle

Axel Hertz
jim-jam bongs said:
What about:

Loves indie games nobody is interested in
[pic]
Isn't interested in indie game everybody loves
It's a fucking dungeon crawler that borrows heavily from the World of Warcraft fantasy style. Only thing it has for it is that you can play versus any other platform, including mobile devices and consoles. The mobiles part should indicate the game quality.

I don't give a fuck about it either.

Ceebs

drizzle said:
It's a fucking dungeon crawler that borrows heavily from the World of Warcraft fantasy style. Only thing it has for it is that you can play versus any other platform, including mobile devices and consoles.

I don't give a fuck about the game either.
I think it's more tower defense than dungeon crawler.

Also PM sent Xerosauce

Tomodachi

SalsaShark said:
that's really weird
It started being unplayable as soon as I entered the first
scrarecrow nightmare
, I guess the biggest problem were all those cubes floating around, remember those? Then I lowered the setting to the minimun and it worked like a charm from that moment on.

Nabs

aw... yeah.

letsgetits8t2.png

drizzle said:
It's a fucking dungeon crawler that borrows heavily from the World of Warcraft fantasy style. Only thing it has for it is that you can play versus any other platform, including mobile devices and consoles. The mobiles part should indicate the game quality.

Eh it was just a joke at The Shark's expense, I can understand people not caring about it. For my part the main reason I'm so amped for it is that I can play with my flatmate on our TV while playing online with Steam friends. That's amazingly awesome, and something I've wanted to see in more games for, like, ever.

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone else having some weird issues with the emails from Steam? I just bought Arkham City and the email I got from them had no subject and when I clicked on it it wouldn't even show anything as Hotmail flagged it as suspicious. Then I went to change emails and when they sent me an email for a code I had to enter it again had no subject and it had 2 weird symbols in the message I've never seen before.

edit: this is what was shown െ

edit 2: nevermind I guess it's because of server maintenance. I really need to start paying attention to that stuff.

Maybe you guys can help me. I've had Minecraft on my Steam list for a while and it usually shows that I am playing it, but when I launch it from Steam recently, it no longer says I am playing anything when I have Minecraft launched. Anyone know why?

I want Costume Quest right now, but I may wait for it to inevitably go on sale eventually.

Hanzou

drizzle said:

Its a tower defense where you control a character and fight in the battles so no, its not a dungeon crawler.

jim-jam bongs said:
Eh it was just a joke at The Shark's expense, I can understand people not caring about it. For my part the main reason I'm so amped for it is that I can play with my flatmate on our TV while playing online with Steam friends. That's amazingly awesome, and something I've wanted to see in more games for, like, ever.

So it is split screen on the PC? How does that work? One person on the mouse and keyboard and the other on two controllers? I guess you could both be using controllers as well?

Hanzou said:
So it is split screen on the PC? How does that work? One person on the mouse and keyboard and the other on two controllers? I guess you could both be using controllers as well?

I'm not actually certain, but I guess so. Not sure which platform this video is from but it's local co-op played splitscreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCjsTopO7bE

I'm planning to use a couple of controllers myself, I assume that would work.

MNC

morningbus said:
How do you already have it on your game list?

Is Two Tribes rewarding you for getting so many people to buy the game?
Alpha keys going out, 200 of them. I think, managed to grab one myself. Not too much now, except for one background pane you can look around in. Cool stuff is as soon as the devs update it, you receive an updated build.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hanzou said:
Its a tower defense where you control a character and fight in the battles so no, its not a dungeon crawler.

Oh great, it's not a dungeon crawler, it's a FUCKING TOWER DEFENSE GAME?
This is even worse than before.

Feep

Banned
Can anyone confirm that Valve's E-mail system is incredibly screwy right now?

I'm trying to log in from a different computer, and when Steam attempts to send me an E-mail verification code, the E-mail just says: ÿþF

(Easy to check: just enable private browsing and try to log into Steam's site via web browser)

Sober

Coming from all the craziness surrounding Arkham City showing up on Steam today, I'm curious why Valve doesn't really advertise "Retail Support" on Steam's game pages. It would save a ton of time and discussion about whether or not you need to buy it on Steam to have it there or if you can buy it at brick and mortar or another DD retailer and get it (or not).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it just me, or is Steam bugged tonight? I asked for changing my email adress, and all i received from Steam as confirmation is a email with no title saying " െ".

My brother has the same issue while trying to verify his new account. What's up with that?

We're both using hotmail accounts for that.

jim-jam bongs said:
tower defence is an untapped genre, what do you mean

also korn are making a dub step album to stay current

They were my favorite band in the 90's. I don't keep up with them much anymore but I'd by lying if I say I hated that new song with Skrillex, or whatever his name is.

Sober

Bisnic said:
Is it just me, or is Steam bugged tonight? I asked for changing my email adress, and all i received from Steam as confirmation is a email with no title saying " െ".

My brother has the same issue while trying to verify his new account. What's up with that?

We're both using hotmail accounts for that.
http://twitter.com/#!/Steam_Support

"There is a known issue regarding blank emails being Sent from Steam. This issue should be resolved shortly."

LastWindow said:
They were my favorite band in the 90's. I don't keep up with them much anymore but I'd by lying if I say I hated that new song with Skrillex, or whatever his name is.

Post was submitted without judgement, I just felt that there was an equal dollop of irony in both statements.

jim-jam bongs said:
Post was submitted without judgement, I just felt that there was an equal dollop of irony in both statements.

lol You can judge all you want but I get what you meant. I just thought it was funny you brought them up because I had just finished hearing that song.

neoism

guys can I have some help... I fucking forgot my password and, I just can't find the I forgot my password option WTF vavle. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom