• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
R1CHO said:
Fuck me, arriving to install the Renegade thing and now this... i just buyed dungeon defenders to play something.

Good luck with that. DD is constantly crashing and losing connection to its servers, lol.

Daily Deal is Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes 50% off. Store page

A parody Fire Emblem-like on my Steam? Is it any good? My cousin has it on his wishlist but neither of us know anything about it.

Rufus

Fare Godmace said:

A parody Fire Emblem-like on my Steam? Is it any good? My cousin has it on his wishlist but neither of us know anything about it.
It's OK as a game. The humour (it's shtick) is so-so, however. It's one of those parodies that winks and nudges at you all the fucking time. (I played the German version, so I don't know what the localization is like.)

Fare Godmace said:

I'd like to know this as well. I've always been kind of interested in it but there's no demo and it's hard to find decent impressions from people who've played it.

Err wait, looks like there is a demo, just not on Steam. http://www.gamers.at/downloads/demo-2011/

I have it(english version) and have finished it. It's not a bad game but nothing memorable either. The jokes are not that funny and the gameplay is sort of basic srpg stuff.

But there is nothing really wrong with it either. So if you want an srpg...

My game time on the game according to steam clocks in at 11 hours.

Symphonic

nincompoop said:
I'd like to know this as well. I've always been kind of interested in it but there's no demo and it's hard to find decent impressions from people who've played it.

Err wait, looks like there is a demo, just not on Steam. http://www.gamers.at/downloads/demo-2011/

It's more similar to FFT than Fire Emblem.

I've only played about 2 hours, but it's pretty awesome. I'd recommend it, 5 bucks is a steal.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Little disappointed by the price and the fact it only comes with 3D Blast and Sonic 3 and Knuckles. There was a Steam Registry entry that included pretty much everything with Generations, so I wonder what happened there.

I had expected some kind of pre-order discount, but $30 is still pretty good. No discount is enough to sway me from Day 1 to Day 2 to see if the port is any good, though.

Interesting Note: The port is being done by a group called Devil's Details. I wonder what their track record is like...

Edit: http://www.devilsdetails.biz/Projects.html

They developed Top Darts for the PSN, Nutrition Matters for the Wii, Squeeballs for the Wii, 360, and PC, and they did the initial engine porting for 2 PS2 games, Jelly Belly Ballistic Beans and Pipemania.

I am not filled with confidence.

Nabs

morningbus said:
Little disappointed by the price and the fact it only comes with 3D Blast and Sonic 3 and Knuckles. There was a Steam Registry entry that included pretty much everything with Generations, so I wonder what happened there.

I had expected some kind of pre-order discount, but $30 is still pretty good. No discount is enough to sway me from Day 1 to Day 2 to see if the port is any good, though.

Yep, thanks Sega.

amrod

morningbus said:

I got it pre-ordered from greenman gaming for I think $20 after a coupon

Tambini

dani_dc said:
Bah, 30 euros for Europe. Think I'll just order the boxed version from amazon for £19 and register it on Steam seeing as the game is steamworks.

Hmm thats unfortunate for you, its £19.99 in UK.

I'm undecided on it still :S

nexen

jim-jam bongs said:
Quick question here because I can't think of anywhere else to get some opinions; my mate has a beta key for SW:TOR, should I give it a blast?
Yes. You should play it if you like Star Wars, KOTOR, and/or MMOs.

Wtf Sega really,at least show some respect to your customer.How hard is it to inform customers about delay and Now Steam wont give me refund as it was part of pack (Sorry Dungeon Defenders,wallet is crying :( )
Also Tf2 Halloween update/patch is in 22th oct.

Gvaz

Banned
I think it's only kotor in presentation rather than mechanics, which stinks because I like kotor's style of combat and I'm bored of typical mmo combat. Make it an action rpg and you'll have me hooked by the nose.

Vamphuntr said:
Was planning on getting Dungeon Defenders but from what I've read the game seems pretty broken. Oh well :(

They already released a patch and are addressing the other issues. I think one of the devs is active in the OT. I'm planning on picking it up but going to wait a while since I have too much other stuff to play at the moment.

MRORANGE

Vamphuntr said:
Was planning on getting Dungeon Defenders but from what I've read the game seems pretty broken. Oh well :(

game is working fine, just not on ranked servers you can still play fine online unranked, should be fixed soon anyways.

Sanic

SalsaShark said:
Yeah i mentioned how ridiculous it was considering its more than a year away.

I always thought it was an early 2012 or at the latest summer '12, seeing as it feels like i've been seeing media/details about the game for forever now. Had no idea it was that far away.

Island

Is Arkham City Steamworks? Like can I grab a key from another site and register with Steam?

I would check but am at work, and a few coworkers here would like to know.

Thanks

Vamphuntr

Island said:
Is Arkham City Steamworks? Like can I grab a key from another site and register with Steam?

I would check but am at work, and a few coworkers here would like to know.

Thanks

It's a game for windows live title...

Eusis

nVidia deal aside, I'd play it safe and assume that like the Witcher 2 and Borderlands this is one of those "Steamworks if you own it on Steam" things, but not something you can register on Steam.

Just purchased Batman: Arkham City, Assassins' Creed: Revalations, Modern Warfare 3, and Skyrim. Purchased Battlefield 3 on Origin--god damn it. I am locked and loaded. COME AT ME, NOVEMBER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom