• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Just Vice City for me, already have GTA3 and SA. I dont need SecueROM/GFWL garbage with GTA4/EFLC. Besides I already clocked them on the Peasantstation 3.

Also Sequence is amazing, good work Feep. Only problem is it doesn't have resolution options though and i have a black border around my screen when playing it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
any confirmation for our euro/australian friends or whatever they are from?

insane deal.

i remember i bought GTA3 when it first came out (still have it on CD (DVD?) somewhere) and it would chug so hard on my comp. </3

http://www.steamprices.com/us/search?grand+theft+auto+complete

Yep need to find a euro gaffer to help out asap! :D

DualShadow said:
The GTA pack doesn't include the complete edition of GTA IV?

It does its just separated as GTA IV and EFLC.

moojito

Looks like 1, 2, 3 and vice city in one pack and 4 + expansions in another, sadly :<

edit: nope, one steam crash later I see the complete pack for £4.99! good times

Gravijah said:
not always true, man. not always true!

gamepad support?

Even better than that, you can play with a keyboard and mouse for shooting parts and then just pick up your controller when you hop into a vehicle.

Helmholtz said:
GTA complete pack seems like a glitch. The main store page just says 66% off everything, and the GTAIV pack costs more than the complete.
Could be wrong though, just doesn't make sense to me.

The pack said 75% off for me, I think it's a special case.

Chesskid1

Banned
Madrugador said:
Great deal, but for some reason the original GTA and GTA2 don't appear in the pack here in South America.

Hope it still includes the games.

they appear in the package (i'm from USA, #1) for me, but they say N/A next to both of em.

shrug.

Echoplx

Helmholtz said:
Yeah that's just it, I don't get why that pack would be 75% when the main store page just advertises 66%. I think they're going to fix it but I could be wrong.

You could try reading the news release

Celebrate the Tenth Anniversary of Grand Theft Auto III with the Weekend Deal. Save 66% on all Grand Theft Auto titles or 75% on the Complete Pack!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If I didn't buy the originals, definitely jump on the complete. Bullshit complete is more expensive, since I'm tempted to pick up Gay Tony and Lost.

Chesskid1 said:
they appear in the package (i'm from USA, #1) for me, but they say N/A next to both of em.

shrug.

That's because you can't buy them seperately, they're only available in the GTA pack (well, originally the GTA Classics Pack that included 3-SA).

I believe both games are free on Rockstar's site though.

Edit: Beat!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
TheExodu5 said:
$10 for the Last Stand Tau Commander? Are you shitting me?
But but he's in an XV8 Crisis Battlesuit. Those things ain't cheap son.

Also, I guess this confirms Tau as the next playable race.

$12.49 for all the GTA games is outrageously tempting, but I hate hate HATE HATE HATE HATE third-party DRM and I don't want that SecuROM bullshit clogging up my nice pristine Steam list slash PC

but on the other hand it seems silly to skip GTA4 and both episodes only to save $2

Helmholtz

jim-jam bongs said:
Meh I already pulled the trigger anyway, in the past when I've got stuff cheaper because of a Steam error I've never been hounded for it.
Yeah, I was just speculating because Valve usually fixes errors pretty fast so I was thinking people should buy it quick. I'm clearly wrong though :p
Pretty crazy deal for all those games. Makes no sense to buy anything other than the complete pack though, unless you have some of those games.

Echoplx

charlequin said:
$12.49 for all the GTA games is outrageously tempting, but I hate hate HATE HATE HATE HATE third-party DRM and I don't want that SecuROM bullshit clogging up my nice pristine Steam list slash PC

but on the other hand it seems silly to skip GTA4 and both episodes only to save $2

People actually believe that bullshit that SecuROM 'clogs' your PC?

Buy away, you won't even notice.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice deal. I already have Episodes from Liberty City, GTAIV (the base game) is tempting but it takes up a ton of HDD space and I already beat the story on Xbawks. I know a lot people didn't care for the direction Rockstar took the game in, but I fuggin love GTAIV. I still play it fairly often, can't get enough of that Euphoria engine.

I never really got into the PS2 GTA games. I have Vice City, but I haven't touched it yet so I'll probably pass on III and San Andreas.

moojito

Jules: I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet.
Pumpkin: Which one is it?
Jules: It's the one that says "Property of Gabe Newell"

Blizzard

Banned
nincompoop said:
Uh why is Alice still stuck at 30 fps even after I edited the config? WTF?!
Make sure you don't have vsync on in the game, make sure you don't have vsync on in the config file, make sure you don't have vsync on due to D3DOverrider, make sure you don't have vsync on due to your graphics card control panel...

...then quit the game, open the config file again and make sure you changed the right values and they're still changed. UE3 likes to sometimes delete all your settings and rewrite the config file.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Wait, can someone explain to me why the hell the Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition is more expensive than the entire Grand Theft Auto Collection, which presumably includes Grand Theft Auto IV and all its episodes?

Chesskid1

Banned
i've played all the GTA games but san andreas. i tried to play it maybe a year ago on the PC but i want to play GTA games with controllers and there were like 8000 buttons to map (one for flying, one for walking, one for driving) and i kept doing something wrong and eventually i just quit and played something else. played the rest on consoles when they came out.

Snuggler said:
Nice deal. I already have Episodes from Liberty City, GTAIV (the base game) is tempting but it takes up a ton of HDD space and I already beat the story on Xbawks. I know a lot people didn't care for the direction Rockstar took the game in, but I fuggin love GTAIV. I still play it fairly often, can't get enough of that Euphoria engine.

I never really got into the PS2 GTA games. I have Vice City, but I haven't touched it yet so I'll probably pass on III and San Andreas.

The real secret gem in there is GTA2 which has one of the best massive carnage deathmatch modes in gaming history. Probably second only to the original Blood in terms of the range of entertaining ways to murder your friends.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
MrOogieBoogie said:
Wait, can someone explain to me why the hell the Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition is more expensive than the entire Grand Theft Auto Collection, which presumably includes Grand Theft Auto IV and all its episodes?
They're counting on at least a few stupid people to not pay attention.

3chopl0x said:
People actually believe that bullshit that SecuROM 'clogs' your PC?

A game using SecuROM places files and executable code onto my computer without my explicit consent that can interfere with the operation of other software and requires special tools to remove. Don't be such an apologist.

Echoplx

charlequin said:
A game using SecuROM places files and executable code onto my computer without my explicit consent that can interfere with the operation of other software and requires special tools to remove. GTFO with your apologist crap.

Ok you can live your life believing that crap, I'll continue playing my games and not not giving a shit :)

I'm not an apologist btw, I hate DRM but not because of that horse shit you believe.

To clarify: I'm not denying that it installs shit on your PC, but it sure has hell doesn't make a difference to it's performance.

Gravijah said:
used to play the shit out of gta2 on the dreamcast. hearing about gta iii in magazines... was so massively hyped.

I started out with the original which was great, but GTA2 was when I really became a GTA obsessive. Messing around with the faction system and all the ridiculous weapons was awesome. Me and some buddies used to get trashed and play round-robin multiplayer on my bedroom LAN which I'd constructed out of discarded parts from PCs I found by the side of the road, precious memories.

GOURANGA!

MNC

Such an insane deal. Too bad I own them all already.

Also, whats up with GTAIV PACK for 11 euros, GTA COMPLETE PACK (including the aforementioned gtaIV pack) for 10 euros. Lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
charlequin said:
A game using SecuROM places files and executable code onto my computer without my explicit consent that can interfere with the operation of other software and requires special tools to remove. Don't be such an apologist.
In Witcher's 2 case, after they removed it, framerate issues were solved for retail copy holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom