• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
You can guarantee this about essentially every game, but not necessarily EA. There's been some conciliatory moves made lately, but beyond that, there's no evidence they're going to be a good "Steam citizen" going forward. They did not participate in the summer sale with several of their major franchises.
Like stumpy says, it's unlikely they will be on sale this christmas, and if they do, it will most likely only be $15 on sale for the rest of this year.

Don't wait.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Snuggler said:
According to this guide, the D2D, GamersGate, and disc-based versions are the way to go if you're gonna use mods.
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/grand-theft-auto-iv/1185388p1.html

IC thanks. And d2d doesnt have a d2d specific version right? Think I may go with them since I have more purchases through them than gamersgate lol.

edit:nvm gamersgate still has the best deal with 75% off the complete pack.

Also damn that is a ridiculous deal if d2d isnt matching then I dont see steam having it at that price guess i'll stop being stubborn and pick it up.

confused

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
You can guarantee this about essentially every game, but not necessarily EA. There's been some conciliatory moves made lately, but beyond that, there's no evidence they're going to be a good "Steam citizen" going forward. They did not participate in the summer sale with several of their major franchises.

True, but they had EA week a few weeks after.

Mat C said:
How is Commando's 3?

I'm tempted to spend £1.99 on Commando's 2 for nostalgia's sake, but might bite at the third one if it's a significantly better game. Not really fussed on getting all of them.

It's the only entry in the series I played,so I don't know how it stacks up against it predeccessors but I enjoyed it. It was a fucking difficult game, though. Either that or I'm too dumb for strategy games (real good possibility that's the case :))

MNC

crimsonheadGCN said:
Cool. Renegade Ops now has a release date of October 26, 2011. A release date for the next planned delay. :p
Are you fucking shitting me. I'm glad I didn't buy it. Sucks for the developers, but come the fuck on what is WRONG with sega/devswhosenameIforgot

confused

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
Cool. Renegade Ops now has a release date of October 26, 2011. A release date for the next planned delay. :p

I almost pre-ordered it when it went up a few months ago. But it's supossed release date was so close I figured I'd wait it out and try to get in a 4-pack upon release. I'm still waiting.....

Thread title is so true. Don't know when I'm going to sit down for some Tomb Raider Anniversary time.

And Mount and Blade... and Farcry 2...

Tomodachi

Thank god Alice is a weekend deal and I'll have some time to think about it. I really have too many games on my steam backlog and Christmas is coming fast. Geez :(

Also, I'd rather get Alice along with the prequel, since I never played it. No chance to get this deal for the pc version, right?

I am in love with Alice, so... wonderful? Just like the original, few games can touch the creativity and charm at work here..

However... dat fov... :(

neoism

FUUUCKKKING BOSS....
I love you steam I will never ever loggout again... :D d: :D :O

plus I wrote that motherfucker down. :p

Card Boy

Banned
3 hours till Football Manager 2012

sylvester_1722.gif

Edit: OMFG Sega delay, it now says 21hours. FUCKEN SEGA. First Renegade Ops now this.
Edit 2: It now says 3 hours again, Whats wrong with Steam lately?!?!?!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Tomodachi said:
Also, I'd rather get Alice along with the prequel, since I never played it. No chance to get this deal for the pc version, right?
Nope. All (new) consoles versions and first week Origin copies have it.

Used console copies can buy it for $10. They also have achievements.

EA. <3

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Evey developer who makes something for PC should understand FOV is a necessary option.

nincompoop said:
So are the physics in Alice going to totally suck if I'm on ATI card or what? I want to know before I decide to buy the game.

I ran the physics on low and I have an Nvidia card. The physics make her hair prettier mostly, and even as a follicular-fetishist I was able to play without it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
-PXG- said:
I guess it's time to buy a new card :3
Seriously? Bummer, I thought about the game a lot and was _so_ close to buy it, especially since I loved the first part. But hey, I'm on ATI. Oh well, waiting for a better sale I guess, for 15 bucks I want to be sure the game works as it's supposed to do.

zychi

Banned
I'm sure theres a simple answer to this but I cant seem to find it. When Steam makes a shortcut on my desktop for a game, how do I put it in my taskbar? It doesn't let me do it.

Alice is on my Christmas list for the 360 and it definitely looks like a game I'd rather play on console, but $15 is a VERY hard price to pass up.

Must. Decide. Soon.

ATTENTION CRAZY PEOPLE

The PhysX effects are totally optional, you will not miss out on anything without them.

I know it's hip for ATI users to skip PhysX games out of principle but it's still stupid.

END MESSAGE FOR CRAZY PEOPLE

-PXG-

Bufbaf said:
Seriously? Bummer, I thought about the game a lot and was _so_ close to buy it, especially since I loved the first part. But hey, I'm on ATI. Oh well, waiting for a better sale I guess, for 15 bucks I want to be sure the game works as it's supposed to do.

I was being facetious...

PixyJunket said:
Alice is on my Christmas list for the 360 and it definitely looks like a game I'd rather play on console, but $15 is a VERY hard price to pass up.

Must. Decide. Soon.

The dude with the Alpha Protocol avatar convinced me...so you should do it too.

It supports the 360 controller as well.

$15 man...you know, even used, it won't be that cheap come Xmas, for console.

Volcynika

jim-jam bongs said:
ATTENTION CRAZY PEOPLE

The PhysX effects are totally optional, you will not miss out on anything without them.

I know it's hip for ATI users to skip PhysX games out of principle but it's still stupid.

END MESSAGE FOR CRAZY PEOPLE

Yeah, I played it fine with an ATI card. Buy it, crazy people!

PaulLFC

Did I read that Alice is $15 in the US? It's £15 over here, so if it is indeed $15 I'd appreciate if someone would gift it to me and I'll Paypal the money for it :)

New store page is up:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/110500/

Data Jammers: FastForward

Data Jammers: FastForward is a continuously moving three dimensional driving and destruction game set within a retro wireframe world of impossible race tracks. Prowl twisting bitstreams amidst bizarre geometrical environments enhanced by otherworldly soundscapes as your nimble avatar encounters more dangerous denizens, hazards and boss guardians along the way!

You are a Data Jammer...specifically a D.O.O.D. (Digital Operative, Optical Data), an elite virtual commando tasked with one purpose: Infiltrate the virtual Vaults of Ouroboros, the Military Industrial Complex, and take down The System!

The Deep Grid. The Wilderness. You've heard the hushed rumors about a "network behind the network"; a sub-cyber matrix of covert datastreams utilized solely by the Dark Powers of the world. Now, after several risky excursions beyond vast Pulsor City, you know the truth --Ouroboros exists! In defiance, you have trained to work for the Good Guys to preserve Freedom by defeating the devious Grid Guardians, exposing the sinister secrets of those evil villains who use it to conspire and oppress!

From the makers of Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, Dr. Blob's Organism, and Strange Adventures in Infinite Space.

The tracks remind me of Audiosurf, but without it being generated by music data.

I did everyone of those fixes and game is %100 better, no mouse smoothing, capped at 60 fps now rather than 30, runs better, fov fixed.

I can't believe they couldn't take the time to add these options in-game. So lazy.

scorpscarx said:
I did everyone of those fixes and game is %100 better, no mouse smoothing, capped at 60 fps now rather than 30, runs better, fov fixed.

I can't believe they couldn't take the time to add these options in-game. So lazy.

Yeah I know, right? At least at this point everyone knows UE3 so well that it only takes a couple of hours for a tweak guide to hit the 'net. My only major complaint about the tweaked game is no 16:10 support so I have to play with black bars.

Also, the game looks pretty spectacular if you combine the in-game MSAA option with FXAA using the injector. The MSAA smooths out the geometry and the FXAA keeps the shimmering down on textures and stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, is Namco Europe publishing any big PC game coming up? An entry for "Namco Bandai Europe Comp" just came up.

Bet it is just Pac Man, since it looks like the game is only about 50 MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom