• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
3chopl0x said:
What a shock, not valid in Australia :/

The Origin 60% discount code/s? I imagine the only reason Origin is so terrible for Aussies is because EA want to keep our retailers happy, but even so, virtually if not literally every item on Origin is more expensive than its Steam counterpart.

Alice, for example, is $80 on Origin, yet $50 on Steam.

So, I'm probably late to this but you get 20 percent off Arkham City if you have Arkham Asylum on Steam according to the mid-week madness deal I saw last night. Seeing, as I'm holding out for the PC version of AC this is in a no-brainer to buy AC for 9.99 right? I mean, I already have the PS3 version I bought before investing in a gaming PC, but this is like putting down ten bucks for a pre-order and getting AA to boot right?

Chesskid1

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:
So, I'm probably late to this but you get 20 percent off Arkham City if you have Arkham Asylum on Steam according to the mid-week madness deal I saw last night. Seeing, as I'm holding out for the PC version of AC this is in a no-brainer to buy AC for 9.99 right? I mean, I already have the PS3 version I bought before investing in a gaming PC, but this is like putting down ten bucks for a pre-order and getting AA to boot right?

couple things
-AA was cheapest at $7.50 (but i guess you are mainly buying it for the discount)
-pretty sure i can gift it to you (or one of your friends) and i'd have the discount. (not buying it full price)

Qatar

Puppet Shadow said:
Anyone know anything about PAYDAY The Heist that came out on Steam today? Reminds me of my favorite GTA missions.
I only played one mission on easy with bots, finished it in 20 minutes.
I enjoyed it a lot.
for the first mission, you basically go to a bank and find the manager and take him as a hostage or whatever, then you do certain objectives in the bank and try to keep hostages, while several police and SWAT forces try to stop you.
I don't know about the other mission though, but I suppose they are similar.
If you're gonna play it in coop, I assure you that you're gonna enjoy it.

Flunkie

Banned
Payday is so mine.

I had it, Costume Quest, Orcs Must Die, Alice, and Dungeon Defenders all sitting in my cart, but I self-controlled myself down to only Payday.

Proud of me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Flunkie said:
Payday is so mine.

I had it, Costume Quest, Orcs Must Die, Alice, and Dungeon Defenders all sitting in my cart, but I self-controlled myself down to only Payday.

Proud of me.

Relinquish some of that self-control and buy Alice.

Dear God, I have never beaten a GTA game (I've played the crap out of 2, 3, VC, and SA though), but I will now play this entire series in order thanks to this amazing fucking deal. <3

Sye d'Burns

Nelo Ice said:
Kinda OT but I just got a coupon for 60% off select games on origin using the client and instead of applying to just my order, it applied to everything on the store except preorders.

So I can get Alice for $12 and bulletstorm for $8 among other things.

edit:its a universal code origin60.
edit2:applys nearly everything just noticed it didnt apply to some sims 3 stuff.

Either it didn't last long or my keyboard-fu sucks. The code is showing invalid for me, even trying it with nothing more than bulletstorm in the cart. AmeriGAF here.

The Mana Legend said:
Dear God, I have never beaten a GTA game (I've played the crap out of 2, 3, VC, and SA though), but I will now play this entire series in order thanks to this amazing fucking deal. <3

Good luck with the controls. The controls, after all, are all that stand between this deal and gaming nirvana.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sye d'Burns said:
Either it didn't last long or my keyboard-fu sucks. The code is showing invalid for me, even trying it with nothing more than bulletstorm in the cart. AmeriGAF here.

Have to use it in the Origin Client. Try it a couple of times, it'll show up.

Sye d'Burns

Kintaro said:
Have to use it in the Origin Client. Try it a couple of times, it'll show up.

Ahhh, ok. I was going through the browser because I didn't want to bother doing the client update. Thanks!

NBtoaster said:
Was about to buy GTA4 complete but then I remembered it's 32GB :(

I just put on Episodes and didn't install gta IV. Only 16GB: a bargain in comparison.

Sye d'Burns said:

Good luck with the controls. The controls, after all, are all that stand between this deal and gaming nirvana.

I played through the entirety of the Mega Man series on an emulator using a keyboard, so I think I'm good.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
x3n05 said:
Any US gaffers on willing to help my gf and I with Alice? Gifting thread has tumbleweeds running through it.

PM me with details and I'll help out.

Card Boy

Banned
I can't get GTA: Vice City to run past the first cutscene after you click new game. I'm on Windows 7 64bit. Running in Win XP SP 3 compatibility mode didn't help.

Thing is i got it to work afew hours ago and now it wont run. I will try restarting the PC (as if that will help) All i'm greeted with is with a black screen thats says Macro's Bistro in the corner. Pressing escape or any other button doesn't go to the menu or anything, i have to control+alt+delete it.

Any ideas?

Edit: Turning on Frame Limiter fixed it. Bloody hell, every Rockstar game on Steam has problems.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
enemyairship said:
The Complete Package has GTA IV, but does that include all the extra content that the GTA IV: Complete Edition has?

^
It has Liberty City.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
enemyairship said:
The Complete Package has GTA IV, but does that include all the extra content that the GTA IV: Complete Edition has?

You mean Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned? If so, yes. GTA IV: Complete Edition is just GTA IV + Episodes From Liberty City. So you're getting the same thing.

Lol too late.

Blizzard said:
Apparently. People were complaining about it earlier in the thread. It's bad enough with stuff like Neverhood or Grim Fandango not being available digitally, but this was obviously OFFERED on Origin, and they just removed it for whatever reason.
Is it still available to download for those who already purchased it?

It's not uncommon for games to be taken off DD stores due to rights issues or whatever, there are several games no longer on Steam for the same reason.

faceless007 said:
Is it still available to download for those who already purchased it?

It's not uncommon for games to be taken off DD stores due to rights issues or whatever, there are several games no longer on Steam for the same reason.
It should be, unless origin has a special policy about that.

The original Alice was only offered for the week Alice Madness Returns released and it was only available on origin., there were no rights issues just EA being stupid. It's possible they might release it on GOG, but that's probably not going to happen.

bobbytkc said:
GTA deal is one of the most amazing Ive seen. So bought.
Holy crap, it is ridiculous. I like how the GTA Complete pack is cheaper than the GTA IV Complete Edition. They are giving you money to get the GTA 3 series. ;-)

Flunkie

Banned
SalsaShark said:
every other choice was better
You know, you're probably right. I had just been excited for Payday for a long time, and now that I have it, I kind of wish I would've gotten something else. It feels sort of like a one trick pony honestly. I mean it's fun and all, but eh.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man, that GTA deal is awesome. Haven't played GTA 2 in ages. It'll join VVVVVV at the extremely short list of games my laptop can run.

Alice is totally worth 15$. It's a fun, stylish platformer. The world is so twisted and vibrant, while the characters and monsters simply ooze personality, they're brilliantly ugly and creepy. For anyone who has bemoaned the tunnel vision of this generation and its art direction, this is a game you want to give a shot. If you've got the right set-up, the physx is pretty neat too.

I love the stylised early industrial London Alice walks through between each level, it feels like I'm walking through this digital set of The Corpse Bride or Nightmare Before Christmas. They're totally superfluous sections that are just there for flavour, but I just think they're amazing. I probably take as many or more screenshots with fraps in those sections than I do in the actual levels themselves.

Caerith

loblaw said:
Depends, are you playing the first game now or 15 years ago?
Nostalgia filter firmly in place, though I do have the disc still. Mostly what I want to know is whether it's this franchise's Human Revolution or if it will turn out to be George Lucas's Alice.

Caerith said:
Nostalgia filter firmly in place, though I do have the disc still. Mostly what I want to know is whether it's this franchise's Human Revolution or if it will turn out to be George Lucas's Alice.

You'll probably be skeptical to hear this from me, but I'd say it's closer to the former than the latter. Meesa promise.

Symphonic

Caerith said:

It's a great game. For 15 bucks, you won't regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom