• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

Heads up on a Greenman Gaming sale, -25% on everything using this voucher code: 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME

Sale ends 1100 UTC July 9th 2012.

Darksiders II using Steamworks is probably cheapest until the Steam Halloween sale.

I wanted to buy Crysis Warhead but when I click on the basket to apply the code there I only get to the "checkout" or payment screen...basket is non clickable. o_O

1-D_FTW

Unless it is explicitly stated that you will be given extra copies of games you already own, the answer is no. I expect that for these bundles, there will be extra copies given as that seems to be more or less standard practice nowadays, but that's just a guess on my part. Read carefully.

It's not really standard practice for Steam though. Duplicates get lost into the void and you can't gift them is the standard MO for these types of bundles on Steam.

Thrakier

It should say "Third Party DRM: Steam" right in the middle of the page. Your link is busted, but it says Crysis Warhead, which is not a Steam redeemable game.

Awww fuck. Although it's on steam. :( Wanted to buy it with the 25% discount. Well, then...no buy I guess.

PaulLFC

Works with Guild Wars II, awesomeness
That got me excited until I checked the price - £49.95!! And that's just the standard edition... is that some sort of joke by NCsoft? I know there's no monthly fees, but come on. £50 for a standard edition game is ridiculous, especially when the vast majority of PC games are £35 or less.

camerooni

Neo Member
I'm interested in these ones.

It won't be on Steam, so no one wants to do that.

I think you'll find that yes.. yes it is redeemable on Steam.. they're Steam keys.. that's why I suggested it in a Steam thread.. crazy I know :p
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083W649I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

"Please note: This version of the game utilizes both Steam and Securom DRM to activate and play this game after purchase. We also sell a version that utilizes only Securom DRM, which requires only Securom activation but not Steam."

I think you'll find that yes.. yes it is redeemable on Steam.. they're Steam keys.. that's why I suggested it in a Steam thread.. crazy I know :p
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083W649I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

"Please note: This version of the game utilizes both Steam and Securom DRM to activate and play this game after purchase. We also sell a version that utilizes only Securom DRM, which requires only Securom activation but not Steam."

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up mate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just checked my e-mail and Adult Swim finally sent me a key for the Robot Chicken hat. People started receiving keys, what, a week or so ago? Talk about slow!

Edit: Oh, great, it's a dupe.

gdt

Holy shit, you can get Sleeping Dogs right now on GMG (using that extra code) for 30 fucking dollars! So tempting.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely buying:
Indie Bundle Day 5 - $39.99 (placeholder price)t - Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Indie Bundle Day 9 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle - $39.99 (placeholder price) - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

Stardock Collection - $39.99 - Demigod, Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion

Maybe buying:

Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles - no price yet - Europa Universalis 3 Complete, EU3 Divine Wind, EU3 Heir to the Throne

Indie Bundle Day 7 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE

Indie Bundle Day 10 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die

Killing Floor Bundle - $19.99 - Killing Floor, Outbreak Character Pack, Nightfall Character Pack, Post Mortem Character Pack, London's Finest Character Pack, Defence Alliance 2, Steampunk Mr. Froster DLC,Christmas Character Pack, Urban Nightmare Character Pack, Harold Lott Character Pack

SEGA "Public Compilation" Pack (recently updated but may not be a pack in the sale) - no price yet - MegaDrive / Genesis Classics Collection, Aliens vs Predator, Alpha Protocol, Dreamcast Collection, Football Manager series, London 2012, Total War series, Sega Rally, The Club, The Incredible Hulk, The Golden Compass, Universe at War, Vancouver 2010, Virtua Tennis 2009 - I think I'd rather wait to see if there is a Genesis collection daily deal or something.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Definitely buying:
Indie Bundle Day 5 - $39.99 (placeholder price)t - Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Indie Bundle Day 9 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle - $39.99 (placeholder price) - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

Stardock Collection - $39.99 - Demigod, Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion

Maybe buying:

Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles - no price yet - Europa Universalis 3 Complete, EU3 Divine Wind, EU3 Heir to the Throne

Indie Bundle Day 7 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE

Indie Bundle Day 10 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die

Killing Floor Bundle - $19.99 - Killing Floor, Outbreak Character Pack, Nightfall Character Pack, Post Mortem Character Pack, London's Finest Character Pack, Defence Alliance 2, Steampunk Mr. Froster DLC,Christmas Character Pack, Urban Nightmare Character Pack, Harold Lott Character Pack

SEGA "Public Compilation" Pack (recently updated but may not be a pack in the sale) - no price yet - MegaDrive / Genesis Classics Collection, Aliens vs Predator, Alpha Protocol, Dreamcast Collection, Football Manager series, London 2012, Total War series, Sega Rally, The Club, The Incredible Hulk, The Golden Compass, Universe at War, Vancouver 2010, Virtua Tennis 2009 - I think I'd rather wait to see if there is a Genesis collection daily deal or something.

I just want to say, if you do not own Killing Floor already you should right now. It's seriously a fantastic co-op game, and one that really grows on you over time.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to say, if you do not own Killing Floor already you should right now. It's seriously a fantastic co-op game, and one that really grows on you over time.

Yeahhhhhh, I know. I've been trying to convince a few friends to get it, but they've been reluctant. I think they will with this sale. :)

Lumine

Really hoping those indie bundle games also have good prices for the games seperately, already own a ton of them spread over most bundles.

HoosTrax

Indie Bundle Day 8 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Wings of Prey, Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus
Great work on the list. Is this a typo though (the bolded one)? I don't think the IL-2 franchise can be considered indie, can it?

I desperately want to try DayZ. An Arma 2 CO deal cannot come soon enough. I'd just take the hit and pay $30 but it will almost certainly be on sale somewhere very soon and there is a distinct possibility that DayZ is too damn hardcore for me.

Right now I'm rocking in my seat waiting like a crazy person.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I also want to buy ARMA 2: CO just for DayZ, but deep down I know I'll play it for only half an hour or so and then go back to CS.

Me too. It's surprisingly tempting.

I was going to pick up American Nightmare if I had at least a few bucks to my (account) name, but alas.

Blizzard

Banned
hhmm, my computer won't be here in time for the sale, I'll have to buy everything from my laptop and then install everything in the new machine, will I run into any trouble doing that?

Sorry, Steam noob here and I didn't see this answered in the FAQ.
Nope, that's what Steam is ideal for. You can buy everything from the website without using the client at all, and then install it in some completely different computer if you want.

The only time you might have to worry about it is when a game says on the store page that it has an install limit, but don't worry about it otherwise.

*edit* Holy crap, I managed to reply to a message from the first page. SHAME

K' Dash

Nope, that's what Steam is ideal for. You can buy everything from the website without using the client at all, and then install it in some completely different computer if you want.

The only time you might have to worry about it is when a game says on the store page that it has an install limit, but don't worry about it otherwise.

*edit* Holy crap, I managed to reply to a message from the first page. SHAME

Just to let you know, I have had my gaming pc for 2 weeks now, lol.

1-D_FTW

Wait...wait wait...does it suddenly seem like the sale is today? Or do we think all of this is updating for Monday?

Nobody thinks it's today. Some guys just think they're being funny with this spam (even though if we don't cut it out, we run the real risk of having this thread thrown into the community forum). It's not even likely for Monday. 99 percent chance it begins next Thursday.

Danj

Nobody thinks it today. Some guys just think they're being funny with this spam (even though if we don't cut it out, we run the real risk of having this thread thrown into the community forum). It's not even likely for Monday. 99 percent chance it begins next Thursday.

I think at this point all we can really say with any certainty is that yes, there is going to be a summer sale and chances are it will take place sometime during the summer.

LQX

Will never buy any of those "Indie Bundles" Valve offers again. Have so much SHIT as in terrible filling up my steam list I wish I could delete them forever and no compensation would be needed.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just a bit annoyed they're rehashing most of the same old indie games from the previous sales again all over the place, games everyone has by now. There are so many new indie games from 2011 and 2012 :(

Derrick01

Banned
Will never buy any of those "Indie Bundles" Valve offers again. Have so much SHIT as in terrible filling up my steam list I wish I could delete them forever and no compensation would be needed.

That's like me but instead of bundles I buy those games they put for the daily achievement challenges. Let's just say out of the 80ish games I have in my indie category I would ditch at least 75 immediately if I had the chance.

1-D_FTW

I'm just a bit annoyed they're rehashing most of the same old indie games from the previous sales again all over the place, games everyone has by now. There are so many new indie games from 2011 and 2012 :(

Or at least make them all in a single category. Sprinkling them in with a bunch of other games they've recycled from 15 other bundles is annoying. Unless you're a complete PC noob, they're just not appealing bundles since you've already purchased many of these at least once (and probably multiple times).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Yeah, I'm not adding anymore to my "Indie Bundle Garbage" category. That Ys game is the only one I want out of all those packs anyway, and I can just cop that by itself.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Amazon sucked up most of the money I was planning to spend on Steam. If Recettear or Fallout NV go on sale I'll buy them immediately. That's about it. I wouldn't spend a penny on any of those indie packs.

Some other games would be nice (Witcher 2, Tomb Raider Anniversary) but I have plenty of stuff to play if they don't.

Flunkie

Banned
I desperately want to try DayZ. An Arma 2 CO deal cannot come soon enough. I'd just take the hit and pay $30 but it will almost certainly be on sale somewhere very soon and there is a distinct possibility that DayZ is too damn hardcore for me.

Right now I'm rocking in my seat waiting like a crazy person.

Same here man.. same here.

Amazon sucked up most of the money I was planning to spend on Steam. If Recettear or Fallout NV go on sale I'll buy them immediately. That's about it. I wouldn't spend a penny on any of those indie packs.

Some other games would be nice (Witcher 2, Tomb Raider Anniversary) but I have plenty of stuff to play if they don't.

New Vegas was pretty cheap during the Fall Sale (or Christmas, don't remember exactly). Will probably be on sale again. Played it for 5.3 hours lol.

Quikies83

Uhhh.. I'm trying so hard to not buy STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl right now... The lady friend is out of town this weekend and I've always wanted to play this game (with the complete mod).
Must..... wait.... for.... sale...

elektrixx

Banned
Uhhh.. I'm trying so hard to not buy STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl right now... The lady friend is out of town this weekend and I've always wanted to play this game (with the complete mod).

This weekend? In that case it'll probably go 75% off on Monday.

kswiston

Anyone interested in Sleeping Dogs should take advantage of the Green Man Gaming promo this weekend. With the extra 25% off the game is only $30.

Resist, STALKERS cost as much as peanuts whenever there's a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom