• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

It should have been yesterday. Today is still possible, Gabe. Do it.

51Zfu.png

Is there a reason why Valve has not commented on this, at all?

It's been 2 years now they've been throwing sales every Summer and Christmas, a simple tweet or announcement that "the Steam summer sales will run from this_date to that_date" would have been much cooler and would have resulted in people not spending as much as they spent in other digital stores.

Volcynika

It's been 2 years now they've been throwing sales every Summer and Christmas, a simple tweet or announcement that "the Steam summer sales will run from this_date to that_date" would have been much cooler and would have resulted in people not spending as much as they spent in other digital stores.

Because they never have done that and I doubt they ever will. It starts when it starts. That's just how they roll. Ready when it's ready!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Because it's Valve.

LuffyZoro

They never comment on things like that, and doing that would cause fewer sales leading up to the sale.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member

You'll sabotage any sale partners before the summer sale though - that's just bad juju. Valve needs partners to continue to fill up the service with new offerings and they can't just go piss people off.

Jo-El

It should have been yesterday. Today is still possible, Gabe. Do it.

51Zfu.png

I guess Tripwire is sick of waiting for the sale too. Don't they normally frame their events around the summer and holiday sales?

Edit: Nevermind, even if the sale starts on the 12th, they should still be covering the length of the entire sale.

Blizzard

Banned
That looks a LOT like Link's Awakening, the land is called "Gorudo", and the company is even called Tribute Games. :p

Is it actually decent? If it's at all decent I'm gonna get it!

Wok

The next game on the "Coming soon" tab will be released on July 27th.

Nice. This means we will have our sales soon.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I have Wizorb on 360 and I am waiting for it on Vita... I shouldn't buy this... but I probably will.

Awesome, two games (Binary Domain and Wizord) de-wishlisted in one day. Who needs a summer sale again?

EDIT: How is Wizorb 244 MB? That seems like a crazy amount of bits for what looks like an NES game.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh right, I think I was confused about this before.

Wizorb may look like Zelda: LTTP or something, but it is apparently NOT and does not have any RPG mechanisms according to a review I read. It's like...a breakout game using overhead RPG graphics.

diffusionx

Gold Member
They never comment on things like that, and doing that would cause fewer sales leading up to the sale.

There already are fewer sales because everybody is expecting it.

It's just annoying people at this point... and driving them to competitors. Sales often are announced ahead of time, for example everyone knows there will be lots of sales on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Somehow the retail market doesn't collapse in spite of this knowledge.

There already are fewer sales because everybody is expecting a sale.

It's just annoying people at this point... and driving them to competitors. Sales often are announced ahead of time, for example everyone knows there will be lots of sales on Black Friday. Somehow the retail market doesn't collapse in spite of this knowledge.

I agree, it's starting to look like a bad business decision. However Valve will make a shit load of money regardless; Amazon and Valve have a healthy relationship, so I don't think Valve really cares either way.

I'm going with 'the entire company is on vacation' theory.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I agree, it's starting to look like a bad business decision. Valve will make a shit load of money regardless, Amazon and Valve have a healthy relationship, so I don't think Valve really cares either way.

I'm going with 'the entire company is on vacation' theory.

Haha, but they were in Hawaii just a few months ago!

7wsML.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
At first I thought that Hawaii picture was a cartoon drawing of Gabe bending over and mooning us while he looked back and laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom