• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man whoever said the diplomacy was awful in Civ 5 wasn't kidding. I was attacking America, New York specifically, and Washington called me up and offered me:

-400 gold, a lot for the period we're at now
-30 gold every turn for 25 turns
-various resources like iron, gems, silver, horses and wine
-declare peace on my allied city-states as well as me
-Offered New York up

All he wanted was for me to stop attacking.

Take that offer, next time they might ask for some of your cities to stop your attacks.

Nabs

Do you know how to add custom resolutions with whatever card you have?

You could try 1440x1080 (I think that's the one)

Derrick01

Banned
Take that offer, next time they might ask for some of your cities to stop your attacks.

I did. I guess the thought process was I was going to take it anyway since I had cannons surrounding it but he wanted to give me more motivation to stop attacking him since I could have easily kept going to his other cities. Or maybe he's just a dumb shit and I'm rich now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess when they said it they meant it, it's just going to take longer than they'd like.
Doesn't matter, I can live with having to fire up the Wii every now and then to get my Bit.Trip fix in the meantime. I'll wait for a sale on Core, but Flux I'll probably get it day one, full price.

MasLegio

Banned
just killed lots of stuff on Greenlight

no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
yes
no
no
no
no
no
no
yes
no
no
no'
no
no
no
no
no
no
no

they really should add a skip button

I prefer the honest binary option of "Yes, I will buy that" and "No, I will not buy that". It's simple and to the point.

Edit: I've found since they instituted the entry fee the amount of kruft has seriously dropped down in the later entries.

If you owned all the Total War games before the sale you should have just gotten the promo item, the Freedom Staff in TF2

If you owned Medieval II, you should have gotten a Medic Coat
If you owned Empire, you should have gotten a Spy Coat

looks like they're fixing their errors from the sale. Nice job Valve, always coming through in the end.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
After a game update, Sniper Challenge is now working. So once again I'm looking forward to playing Absolution in about a month and a half.

If you owned all the Total War games before the sale you should have just gotten the promo item, the Freedom Staff in TF2

If you owned Medieval II, you should have gotten a Medic Coat
If you owned Empire, you should have gotten a Spy Coat

looks like they're fixing their errors from the sale. Nice job Valve, always coming through in the end.

I knew they would.

Sucks I didn't buy that iPhone total war thing or else I'd have a staff!

Scheduled maintenance - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32991562#post32991562

Actually the forum seems to be dead too, so I'll just quote it.

Greetings!

We'll be performing routine maintenance on some of the Steam servers on Tuesday October 2, 2012 around 16:00 PDT (GMT-0700).

Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected for the duration of this maintenance. Some content downloads may be briefly interrupted. Game play should generally not be interrupted but may be impacted for some multi-player titles.

We'll also be performing routine network maintenance on Tuesday October 2, 2012 at 21:00 PDT (GMT-0700). The Steam store and community web sites will be unavailable for approximately 15 minutes at this time, but other services will be unaffected.

The maintenance time we had set for 1600 today has slipped a bit; we're aiming at 1645 PDT (GMT-0700) now.

Damn, I really want to play The Secret World, but paying a monthly fee for it just doesn't sit well with me :(

You could also consider purchasing it as a "play for one month" game and then waiting for it to hit free to play (which it will, since the game is basically a failure).

I have keys for:

Broken Sword Director's Cut
Broken Sword 2 : The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3 : The Sleeping Dragon
Alien Breed 2
Alien Breed 3
Worms Crazy Golf

Quote which one you want and I'll PM you.

I'm interested in this.

I live in the US, so can I buy this and still get a Steam Key?

I bought it and it seems to have went through. It paid with GBP through paypal.

It says it takes 15mins to get a cd key though.

EDIT: Worked.

77a1v.jpg

All caps though? This is screwing with my OCD.

Thanks for the key Bertle! :D

My Broken Sword collection is finally complete...

No problem.

I still have a key for Broken Sword 3 and Alien Breed 2 left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom