• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone give their impressions of sonic generations and jet set radio? both are on sale as steam keys at getgamesgo.

Not a big sonic fan myself but I picked up Generations a while ago for 2.50 on Amazon for my son and he LOVES it. I guess that doesn't tell you much though, a 7 year old liking a sonic game.

Kerub

Banned
Could anyone give their impressions of sonic generations and jet set radio? both are on sale as steam keys at getgamesgo.

Sonic Generations is really fun, I own it on 360 but I double dipped on Steam when it was on sale.

The "modern" levels with boost and what not were kind of OK, but the classic levels were great IMO.

Sonic Generations is really fun, I own it on 360 but I double dipped on Steam when it was on sale.

The "modern" levels with boost and what not were kind of OK, but the classic levels were great IMO.

Not a big sonic fan myself but I picked up Generations a while ago for 2.50 on Amazon for my son and he LOVES it. I guess that doesn't tell you much though, a 7 year old liking a sonic game.

Thanks, 2.50... Maybe ill hold off for the next steam sale. I think I'll like it since I'm not a die hard sonic fan but do enjoy some speedy platformIng action.

Acosta

Guys, I'm on the fence with the AC thing (and as always, waiting for the last damn hour).

Could you tell me if it uses the Uplay thing?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Jet Set Radio is a mostly great port that has an odd bug which requires a computer restart to clear your internal clocks to get maximum performance. It's 30FPS locked due to the animations being dependent on frames but the game looks and performs smooth despite this. Highly recommend 360 controller, KBAM controls alright for the first few stages and then becomes a total pain in the ass as the game goes on.

Firehead

Decided to buy ACII before the sale ends. Can't seem to launch it, though... When I get to the Uplay launcher and try to play the game, it waits a few seconds and then says "Thank you for playing Assassin's Creed II!"
Gee.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Jet Set Radio is a mostly great port that has an odd bug which requires a computer restart to clear your internal clocks to get maximum performance. It's 30FPS locked due to the animations being dependent on frames but the game looks and performs smooth despite this. Highly recommend 360 controller, KBAM controls alright for the first few stages and then becomes a total pain in the ass as the game goes on.

hmm, well at five bucks I think you've sold me on it. I have a 360 controller so it should be a good bit of fun.

jediyoshi

Yup, it was from a few days ago. I only ordered one because I was skeptical, but next time Newegg sells a game code for $1.99, I'm buying multiples and hooking y'all up.

Surprised they haven't tried it before or more, I have to imagine they'd constantly have at least a few stacks of promo codes lying around that would've been tied to graphic cards.

Nabs

Thanks, 2.50... Maybe ill hold off for the next steam sale. I think I'll like it since I'm not a die hard sonic fan but do enjoy some speedy platformIng action.

I don't think it's ever been that cheap, but I do recommend trying the demo to see if you like it.

So there's still that $7.50 deal on Amazon for the Bioshock dual pack. Already own the first on PS3, but never played the second. Were these decent PC ports or should I stick to the ps3 versions?

So there's still that $7.50 deal on Amazon for the Bioshock dual pack. Already own the first on PS3, but never played the second. Were these decent PC ports or should I stick to the ps3 versions?

My time with the PC version was more enjoyable then my time with the 360 version, take that for what you will as I played the 360 version around its launch and the PC version last year. It certainly looked much better.

Grief.exe

Anyone want to play some Killing Floor right now?

My friend is about to host a game message me on Steam to get an invite.

steamcommunity.com/id/Grief_exe/

Nabs

Anyone going to play some L4D2 later? I haven't played in a really long time, but I wouldn't be against some VS.

Firehead

This is what happens when I attempt to play ACII:
iboN4o6asiv2Y8.gif
Anyone know how to fix this? :/

Grief.exe

This is what happens when I attempt to play ACII:

Anyone know how to fix this? :/

lol uplay. I bought ACII as well before I learned my lesson about researching.

Now I make sure to check every game out on pcgamingwiki before I buy. If it has DRM no buy, if they don't want my money that's fine.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can't tell you yet. Bought them yesterday, but didn't begin the downloads.

I'm downloading Left 4 Dead 2 now, for the weekend trial. I wasn't interested, but a friend was, and asked me to play it with him to see if it was worth buying. I'll probably end up getting it anyway, just because I don't want to waste the 13,4 GB it downloaded.

Just picked up both Left 4 Deads.

I'm noob as hell on these games but down for anyone that'll have me aboard.

SteamID: PepsimanVsJoe
Is the first L4D worth getting? I heard all the maps were released as free DLC for L4D2.

Caerith

Is the first L4D worth getting? I heard all the maps were released as free DLC for L4D2.
L4D and L4D2 play by different rules. L4D2 adds new weapons, adds melee weapons, some other stuff. Also I believe it's harder, like with more infected spawning and stuff.

So the first L4D is still different from playing L4D missions in L4D2. Whether that makes it worth getting or not is up to you.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Dammit...well hell.

Extra set of achievements? I don't know.
Well, apparently there's a survivor campaign not yet available in the sequel: The Last Stand. So everything's not that bad :p

L4D and L4D2 play by different rules. L4D2 adds new weapons, adds melee weapons, some other stuff. Also I believe it's harder, like with more infected spawning and stuff.

So the first L4D is still different from playing L4D missions in L4D2. Whether that makes it worth getting or not is up to you.
Well, going with what you said, if you want the perfect experience it could be a good idea to pick up both, and play the first L4D's campaigns on the game you like the most. But as I don't believe I'll be spending too much time with them, I'll jump directly to the sequel.

ummno26y3u.png

Yeah umm no.
I'll take 2.

Tess3ract

Banned
I have killing floor, and L4D1/L4D2, Dungeon Defenders, etc you name it

I've barely played any of them because I can ever get people to play with.

I wanna voice chat with bros and make crude jokes about their mom too. That kind of chill atmosphere. :(

I wanna voice chat with bros and make crude jokes about their mom too. That kind of chill atmosphere. :(

That is the best atmosphere! Add me up if you ever want to play L4D1/2 any time! Name is the same as on here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why does Steam slow my computer to a crawl (well it becomes sluggish) when it's downloading a big patch? Not the internet, the whole computer goes slowly. I have plenty of RAM and it uses a negligible amount of my CPU.

Which is why I hate buying MP games on Steam.

Even worse that some games aren't as 'loved' in SE Asia as I would like.

Been putting off buying Chivalry Warfare because of this. Sounds like it's popular in the US, but not sure how it is here. There might be a lot of empty servers :(

Killing Floor was a big surprise for me when it came out. I dumped about 160 hours into that game.

The weapons in that game were just really satisfying to use...unlike L4D's weapons.

Stitch

Gold Member
Why does Steam slow my computer to a crawl (well it becomes sluggish) when it's downloading a big patch? Not the internet, the whole computer goes slowly. I have plenty of RAM and it uses a negligible amount of my CPU.

That's the new content system. I'm not sure what it is doing but I don't like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom