• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Trains vs Zombies 2 just released, %50 off. $8.99

Fuck yea.

The product page says it's standalone, but, apparently, it's been incorrectly flagged as DLC:

Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again.

Joe Molotov

I love Gamersgate.

Buy King's Bounty: Warriors of the North = 15% off IGN Prime Discount
Get Blue Coins = Trade for some free Darksiders/Saint's Row 3 $0.99 DLC

So Hotline Miami has one of the shittiest UI/Menu design in recent gaming history. I don't care how it 'fits with the theme of the game'. It's shitty as hell and gives me a headache.

Game is fun though, so get it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Deadlight ini:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\LOTDGame\Config

Change these:
bSmoothFrameRate=True
MinSmoothedFrameRate=20
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30

Obviously.

Blizzard

Banned
What does this do? :p
I don't have the game and haven't looked at the file, but I'm going to guess it's an Unreal Engine 3 game and that those settings are forcing the framerate to be smoothed between 20 and 30 fps.

Changing those values to a max smoothed framerate of 60 (or whatever your monitor uses) should give you a higher framerate and smoother gameplay. Stallion Free, are you suggesting that players turn off bSmoothFrameRate, or merely adjust the limits?

Rock of Ages is a very shallow game, but worth the price. Few hours of fun, some nice art and if you're into art history there's probably a fair bit to appreciate. Don't think it did well enough to garner a sequel. I was really hoping for a modern art edition.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't have the game and haven't looked at the file, but I'm going to guess it's an Unreal Engine 3 game and that those settings are forcing the framerate to be smoothed between 20 and 30 fps.

Changing those values to a max smoothed framerate of 60 (or whatever your monitor uses) should give you a higher framerate and smoother gameplay. Stallion Free, are you suggesting that players turn off bSmoothFrameRate, or merely adjust the limits?
It doesn't matter, either one works.

Hey Stallion, do you know how to fix the micro stuttering in Darksiders II?

Try D3Doverrider? Make sure your drivers are up to date? Some of it seems to be based on their streaming though.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Steam restarts, and suddenly I'm downloading 4.725 gigs for The Witcher 2: Bonus Content.

da fug?

KarmaCow

It's gone through about 75 games and now it seems to be downloading actual patches for games I set to not update ages ago.

It seems like every other month Steam really loves to eat through my bandwidth cap for some reason.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's gone through about 75 games and now it seems to be downloading actual patches for games I set to not update ages ago.

It seems like every other month Steam really loves to eat through my bandwidth cap for some reason.

I closed Steam and restarted my laptop, and on reboot it didn't attempt the updates.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Illustrate me. Please.

There was a code you got which you applied to your Gamersgate account for a permanent 15% discount or +15% blue coins, depending on the game, on purchases from that account forever. I have it on my account represented by an IGN dragon pet. I never paid for prime either, so it must have been from a free trial.

K7KCF.png

Joe Molotov

Yeah, basically there was a point where if you signed up for IGN Prime for a free trial, you got a code that gives you 15% off at GG forever.

Bread

Banned
wooooo i missed out on the last l4d2 sale, so i jumped on this the second i saw it

i only played the first one on the 360, so this should be an awesome upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom