• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

Dark Souls or The Walking Dead? I only have money for one.

Also, anyone will be able to buy me the game? I don't want to mess with my amazon account.

Drillow

Also, anyone will be able to buy me the game? I don't want to mess with my amazon account.

I haven't played The Walking Dead, but Dark Souls is pretty awesome and long.
You'll need a gamepad, though.

dani_dc

Would you play any of them right away?

I haven't played Walking Dead, but Dark Souls benefits from multiplayer so the first sale would be a good time to jump to it (due to an increase of userbase).

Walking Dead is almost over. I've enjoyed reading the on going discussion about the game as part of the zeitgeist. There's still one episode left if you want to get in on it.

kurahador

I played them both, get TWD if you want to experience an amazing story and Dark Souls if you want to play a frustrating yet a great game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Deadlight on STEAM:

zEU4F.png

Tomodachi

Totally different genres and everything. I am a huge fan of Dark Souls and haven't still got around to getting Walking Dead but as far as I know the latter it's a great adventure game. So, are you feeling more for an adventure game or for an action rpg packed with hours of content and challenge? Also, it's not a big deal adding a US address to your amazon profile, you can delete it as soon as you're done placing the order. I did it twice in the last month, no problem at all.

JustinBB7

I'm still surprised at how L4D2 is the #1 best seller since the sale, I was trying to get that achievement with the free weekend players thing, but MY ENTIRE FRIENDS LIST HAS THE GAME ALREADY! Seriously everybody on my list has it with a bit of playtime too, so I just launched the game and played a game on normal in a random lobby and got it, but I was surrounded by people who haven't played before.

I really wonder how much sales it got this weekend on Steam and overall on Steam now, how do people not have it yet..

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone know where sleeping dogs saves? When I redownloaded the game it didn't have any of my save files and I can't find it in my documents section.

kswiston

Just make a second account. You can buy your second account gift cards from your primary account and not even attach a credit card if you are worried about it. If you have gmail, you can sign up with "different" email addresses and still have everything go to the same place. Example@gmail.com and E.xample@gmail.com go to the same inbox, but register as different email addresses on Amazon.

dani_dc

Just make a second account. You can buy your second account gift cards from your primary account and not even attach a credit card if you are worried about it. If you have gmail, you can sign up with "different" email addresses and still have everything go to the same place. Example@gmail.com and E.xample@gmail.com go to the same inbox, but register as different email addresses on Amazon.

You need to attach a CC to buy Digital Downloads on Amazon even if you use a giftcard to pay it.
You can also buy a gift card and use it on your own account, it's what I did to get a few games in the past to be sure I didn't had issues with the bank (I assume they won't use the CC when the amount is already covered by the gift card).

World of Tanks, complete with bonuses. Your invitation code is good for 1000 in-game gold and 3 Day Premium Account status. You must be a new player to receive these benefits and simply need to input the code when you create your World of Tanks account.

Anyone want this?

Kind of sad buying some of the Assassins Creed games and then having the exe never working, I had to get a no cd crack just to play the game, Uplay is garbage!

Echoplx

This is the first time I'm actually okay with a game being bad with kb/m, gives me an excuse other than being poor to not pick up Dark Souls :p

Tomodachi

This is the first time I'm actually okay with a game being bad with kb/m, gives me an excuse other than being poor to not pick up Dark Souls :p
Durante's fix actualy fixes EVERYTHING wrong with the game. UI customization, resolution, controls, everything. I think I want to marry the guy.
BTW, you should really play it with a 360 pad so wait on buying if you still have to grab a wired one for your PC.

Durante's fix actualy fixes EVERYTHING wrong with the game. UI customization, resolution, controls, everything. I think I want to marry the guy.
BTW, you should really play it with a 360 pad so wait on buying if you still have to grab a wired one for your PC.

almost everything.

GFWL is still there. ;P

No kbam - No buy.

And I'm done buying GFWL games at any price. Or anything that uses a 3rd party launcher.

Tomodachi

No kbam - No buy.
I actually didn't even try playing it with kb/m, from what Nabs wrote I gather it's playable with that fix. But I mean, it's a console game designed for a pad (and I play it from my couch, btw), why would you want to play it with kb/m? Honest question.

I actually didn't even try playing it with kb/m, from what Nabs wrote I gather it's playable with that fix. But I mean, it's a console game designed for a pad (and I play it from my couch, btw), why would you want to play it with kb/m? Honest question.

Superior controls. Why else? I dont even own a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom