• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew I should have started this before I went to bed. Ugh.

18055769.png

Too lazy to break out the calculator this early in the morning to figure out if that's accurate.

Wouldn't it be faster to just redownload the games you'd like?

HoosTrax

Wouldn't it be faster to just redownload the games you'd like?
Redownloading them is faster than clicking "Play"?

I just got a new, bigger hard drive because my current one is full with only about half of my library stored on it. The copying over massive amounts of data thing is something I only have to do once in a blue moon. And I suspect Jase is correct, as far as the actual copy time being closer to 3 hours, not 22 hours. One typical AAA game would probably take me a few hours to download on a cable connection anyhow.

HoosTrax

Interesting...Amazon Tony gave me a free key for Mount and Blade Warband a while back, and as a result I have a -20% discount on the War of the Roses preorder on Steam. Not sure how interested I am though, I wasn't all that thrilled with what I saw of MnB.

ShaneB

So in my Library, my CS:GO Beta turned into not a beta.... do I actually own this?? I'm downloading it again and all seems fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's random, I think. Sometimes I buy stuff there and I get, and then other times I don't. Maybe it has something to do with whether you use a CC vs Paypal, I dunno. It's weird.

Strange. I always use PayPal to pay for my GamersGate orders, but this is the first time since GG began the practice that I've not had to wait.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Space Chem is the DD @ 75% off($2.49)

Pretty nerdy puzzle game. Played it about 30 minutes or so...pretty steep learning curve IMO

I bought Space Chem in the summer sale and I've put a few hours into it already. It's an interesting puzzle game. It's already getting hard for me, yet I enjoy the challenge of it. I'll definitely be playing a lot more of it once summer leaves and I hibernate for the winter. Certainly worth the $2.50 if you like puzzle games.

plc268

Yeah, I don't get why people have so many games installed. I just keep whatever I'm playing now, and whatever games are next on the list when I finish these.

I have both a 2tb hard drive and a 256gb SSD dedicated to steam. I have a ton of games installed on the 2tb, and I transfer over my most played games over to my SSD.

The only time I really uninstall a game, is if I absolutely hate it and know I will never play it again. Otherwise, I just keep them.

Blizzard

Banned
SpaceChem and English Country Tune are probably the two most recent puzzle games I have played. Both are mindbendingly interesting, and can be quite satisfying when you figure something out.

I probably have a long way to go in SpaceChem, but the weird thing there is I actually like reading the story. It interests me and I'm curious to see where they go with it.

Joe Molotov

Interesting...Amazon Tony gave me a free key for Mount and Blade Warband a while back, and as a result I have a -20% discount on the War of the Roses preorder on Steam. Not sure how interested I am though, I wasn't all that thrilled with what I saw of MnB.

War of the Roses is a lot different than M&B. It's basically Medieval Battlefield, large multiplayer maps, you try to capture control points and fight off the other team. It might be kinda fun if it built up a good sized user base, but I can't help but think of Fatshark's other game Lead and Gold which was pretty much DOA. I think they're hoping to cash in on fans of cRPG (the M&B mod), but I'm smelling bomba.

Artofwar420

Looking through the games of that bundle, I'm wondering how this is an official screenshot of Shadow Harvest?

Well, I got that game on the last Xmas Steam hunt thing and did some research. It's arguably the worst game on Steam. Traded it right away for some coal.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Again, Mount and Blade Warband Fire and Sword and Napoleonic Wars back on sale.

I only have Warband, and it's the only one that's worth anything, but considering I got it for free, I kinda feel obligated to buy the DLCs (screw original mount and blade).

I just never buy them. But I really should.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Awesome deal. 75% off for nothing!

Anyone know which games this is referring to?

Edit: I also saw the SpaceChem talk on this page. You guys better keep talking about it.*glares*

Nabs

Awesome deal. 75% off for nothing!

Anyone know which games this is referring to?

Edit: I also saw the SpaceChem talk on this page. You guys better keep talking about it.*glares*

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars!
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity!
Grand Ages: Rome!
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat!
Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops!

Derrick01

Banned
D: oh god.

lol it's $60 though with no price cut like they did with borderlands, as I expected. I think they have a 20% coupon on the site now but I don't know...$48 still seems too high compared to what they were offering for a lot of other recent games. I'm spoiled now.

haikira

May or may not be picking up the War of the Roses 4 pack, with the 20% reduction. If i were though, would there any interest to buy any off me? Going to be keeping 2 of the 4.

Derrick01

Banned
Speculative guess - any change Borderlands 2 gets cheaper than $40 @ GMG ($50 - 20%) before launch?

I think you'd have to hope they offer a 25% coupon which could happen but it's up to you if you want to take that gamble. I preordered it around the time they put it up for $37.50 and that's the lowest I've seen it go so far.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Worst midweeks ever?

Eh, not even close. Cargo( a unique game of questionable quality, which still was fun in some way), Grand Ages (a good and visually appealing strategy sim) & a Stalker game for basically 3,33€ each sounds great to me.

No clue about the other games, but the bundle seems worth the price if you dont own these 3 games at least.

lol it's $60 though with no price cut like they did with borderlands, as I expected. I think they have a 20% coupon on the site now but I don't know...$48 still seems too high compared to what they were offering for a lot of other recent games. I'm spoiled now.

Let me show you the math for me:

50€-20%-16€ credit=24€

24€=~$30

Yeah, I'll bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom