• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
There are people who still don't have SpaceChem...?

*glares*

The sale might get me to try the level I was stuck on again. Research Facility Manager is not enough!

mhEhF.png

good.

kswiston

Credit is cheating though!

I wish I had credit :(

When is Dishonored out? October? I have the 20% coupon, but GMG offers 20%+ global discounts often enough that I think it is safe to wait for now. I was hoping they would have a 10% off regular discount so that I could get the game for <$45.

whoa...you can trade in games you get for free from GMG? thats baffling. Guess i'll have to pay more attention to those!

Borderlands2 preordered for $39.50 due to .50 credit

whoa...you can trade in games you get for free from GMG? thats baffling. Guess i'll have to pay more attention to those!

Borderlands2 preordered for $39.50 due to .50 credit

I hope Steam does trade-ins at some point. Or even the ability to give someone a game on your account. I've got so much stuff I'd love to get rid of.

Nymerio

I have two Steam Community betas to give away. If anyone still needs one.

What the hell. Steam just started downloading three games I had already installed for about 22 gigs

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm sorry but I want it to be fair.

Rogue Warrior is just that good.

You could probably offer the whole steam catalog and you'd be fine. They might offer trade in value, but user to user trades? Neeeeever.

Mercenary Kings is coming to Steam.

We've obtained our Steam Application ID yesterday, which means that we'll be able to release Mercenary Kings on Steam! We can also confirm that we'll be distributing Steam keys to backers who pledged $15 or more. This Steam key will give access to the PC version of the game and eventually the Mac version as well.

LogicStep

I searched Google to see if I could find an answer and I got some of it. I'm downloading a free to play game on Steam. Once it's done, can I copy the folder to a pen drive and give it to my friend so he doesn't have to download it? If so, what folders do I need to copy?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I searched Google to see if I could find an answer and I got some of it. I'm downloading a free to play game on Steam. Once it's done, can I copy the folder to a pen drive and give it to my friend so he doesn't have to download it? If so, what folders do I need to copy?

Yes, tell your friend to download the game, and wait a minute or so, after that he has to pause the download and overwrite the corresponding directory in windows, usually /steam/steamapps/common/gamename. After that he has to check properties>local files>game>verify integrity of game cache and steam will do the rest.

bigace33

I'm sure most people have them by now, but I have two, Steam New community beta invites taking up space in my inventory. First two to quote can have them.

Derrick01

Banned
Fuck it I bought dishonored on GMG for $48. It'll probably go lower but whatever I'm tired of waiting to preorder my most wanted game this year. Now I can focus on other stuff.

So with Dishonored out of the way I only need a good deal on XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Amazon has it for $45, which is almost 14&#8364; cheaper than what they'll sell it on Steam... but still! That'll be my last major release for the year.

Fuck it I bought dishonored on GMG for $48. It'll probably go lower but whatever I'm tired of waiting to preorder my most wanted game this year. Now I can focus on other stuff.

*stealth bro fist*

you can take this comment in many different ways. like the levels in Dishonored oohhh shiiiit.

Argonis

I have a steam beta to give away.

Also, how do you save a screenshot you like from the new community game hub? I found a couple screenshots I would like to use as backgrounds.

Exuro

I restarted Steam and got prompted for an update. Apparently the "tabs" are back to the way they used to be(with News available from a single click again omg)? Is this old news or just a glitch or...?
Looks good. Glad the listed tabs are tabbed. It felt like Community turned into Game Hubs and our profiles were swept under the rug. They really do need to update our profiles though to be more in line with the new features.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I restarted Steam and got prompted for an update. Apparently the "tabs" are back to the way they used to be(with News available from a single click again omg)? Is this old news or just a glitch or...?

Am i missing something here, where did the Friends section go on Steam? I can't see the activity for all my friends anymore. I hope noone defends this.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's back to normal. Probably just a temporary glitch.

I have to jump through hoops now to get that information? What if i want to view my friends' activity? It was a simply one click on the Friends tab before.

dLMN8R

Yes, it's very short, but it's cool, and worth it IMO. Granted, I didn't pay $5 for it, I got it as a part of paying $30 to the Idle Thumbs kickstarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom