• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm on a 120Hz monitor but I'll give D3DOverrider a go.
Oh, D3DOverrider should limit it to 120Hz then. Your fan may still be loud, but it should be slightly more normal. I used to use a 4850 which was super loud.

There may be some program(s) somewhere to specifically set a framerate cap, but I am not sure of one (especially for ATI).

Twinduct

A Valley Without Wind wasn't a bad one and I missed it lol :-(

Yeah I liked it for what it was, but felt lifeless. Although from what I understand is their patching in a completely new artstyle eventually and adding alot of new content. Letting go of the clipart look :p

Ah saw that you already posted about the overhaul. Yeah the way I see it it's 'going to be fun .. eventually'. So picking it up at a low price is never bad

TGMIII

Oh, D3DOverrider should limit it to 120Hz then. Your fan may still be loud, but it should be slightly more normal. I used to use a 4850 which was super loud.

There may be some program(s) somewhere to specifically set a framerate cap, but I am not sure of one (especially for ATI).

Yeah I've never found anything to allow me to limit below 120, noting from ATI anyway. I never thought I'd complain about drawing too many frames but on older games it's pretty crazy how many it does draw and how hot the GPU can get. 6950 2GB is what I'm running if anyone else with the same card has any suggestions.

I dove on the grenade and bought Mad Riders. Installing it now, will try to post some impressions later if JaseC hasn't or JoeMolotov doesn't chime in (making an assumption there, but a pretty safe one I think).

I got into the Eurogamer beta version, which consists of the first level. It's decidedly meh: movement system is a bit off, guns doesn't have anywhere near the omph of the original and the redesigned Painkiller is just too easy: it's an instant win button for single goons.

Sad but unsurprising given the last few games to bare the Painkiller name.

Relax.MX

Maybe I do not understand, someone who like this game..please, help me to like this game, i want a new JRPGs right now

I had the same problem. The only sure-fire way to beat a boss you're having trouble with is to just grind, it's a shitty answer I know, but TLR is just like that (You can try to change up union formations and whatnot but it's very hit or miss). I kept playing waiting for the game to get better since GAF praises it so much and it just never did.

I ended up having to use a trainer because I couldn't beat the last few bosses refused to grind anymore.

:( Sad because the game have a lot of potential, not now but im gonna wait some days to try again...

Or maybe i have better luck in this page?

Originally Posted by Relax.MX:
I need help Gaf..im playing The Last Renmant right now (8 hrs)...im with Namul Sin y a Niram Sin(boss) and i just can not win and...its just not fun anymore because the game seems to have variety but is actually very very simplified(in a silly way), i feel that i don't have control of the strategies of the game

Maybe I do not understand, someone who like this game..please, help me to like this game, i want a new JRPGs right now

Mad Riders is a simple arcade-y racer. From a track design perspective, Mad Riders kind of, and I stress kind of, feels like an old EA Sports Big game, Freekstyle, just because of the ridiculous nature of the tracks. The dips in the hills are crazy low, the heights are ridiculously steep and the air you catch is absurd. You're jumping at hoops and driving through poles to get boost powerups, it feels very game-y. None of the riders have any of the personality of an EA Big game, they're just generic motorcross riders on plain ol' atv's. Also if there's a stunt system, I haven't been introduced to it in the two basic races I've been in. Jumping through hoops to get boost icons, driving through poles on the track to get boost icons, powersliding, these are considered stunts, so far anyways. there is a stunt mode which I haven't touched yet.

Just a heads up, if you do buy the game you have to set it to use a controller in the options. The game will let you navigate through the menus to a race using a controller, but once the race starts you have to use kb&m. Or quickly jump into the options and switch it like I did.

Exuro

Guys is this what I think it means?

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8691/

- Fixed broken offline mode if Steam process didn't shutdown correctly
- Fix jittery scrolling in Steam client web views
- Fixed pre-load UI for games using new content system
- Reduced disc load while updating games using the new content system
- Grid view supports more kinds of PNG images (e.g. grayscale, grayscale with alpha)
- Fixed back/forward buttons not working correctly when searching in the store or viewing workshop discussions
- Fixed "Open link in new tab" in overlay browser
- Fixed creating shortcuts for games with Unicode names

Blizzard

Banned
We can only hope. I remember back in the good old days, a "fix" for offline mode would get added every month or two, but would never completely fix it. :p

Exuro

Well, we should all test it out. It would break for some people when you close windows without closing steam and then start with no internet connection right?

ShaneB

I'm so bored. I want to play a strategy game of sorts, but I've been so bored with combat lately. Tried getting in Company of Heroes, even tried playing Civ V again and see if that finally got me, but I just want to play the new Simcity I guess.

SO they fixed offline for guys who complained. cool. I personally never had any issues but its nice to see it fixed for those that did have issues.

krpiper

"Steam client update released
Client Update - Valve
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the Steam menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

- <b>Fixed broken offline mode if Steam process didn't shutdown correctly</b>
- Grid view supports more kinds of PNG images (e.g. grayscale, grayscale with alpha)
- Fixed back/forward buttons not working correctly when searching in the store or viewing workshop discussions
- Fixed creating shortcuts for games with Unicode names"

Gabe, is our prayers answered?

TGMIII

Nice to see ClaDun X2 on steam, hopefully it means we see more stuff from NiS. I feel like they've got the pricing wrong though, I could see a lot more people picking it up if it was cheaper.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
"Steam client update released
Client Update - Valve
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the Steam menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

- Fixed broken offline mode if Steam process didn't shutdown correctly
- Fixed creating shortcuts for games with Unicode names"

Gabe, is our prayers answered?

Aw, cmon! If they can fix that, they surely can fix the Non-Steam shortcuts disappearing as well! It's the same issue!

Played a little more Mad Riders, cleared the first circuit and am almost done the second. The first circuit consisted entirely of basic races but the second circuit has started to introduce some different modes--check point races and arena something--and new icons/tokens/power-ups to collect. On top of the boost icons there are also shortcut icons, which can trigger hidden paths, which usually are chock full of nitro tokens and end in a ramp.

Unlocked my first aerial stunt it looks like, oh silly MMO/RPG game progression. I think that's kind of a mistake, I get unlocking riders, paint jobs and atvs but there's apparently some sort of trick system I have to unlock?

The racing is actually pretty rock solid, the speed of it, the brevity of the races, the constant undulations of the roads, multiple shortcuts/branching paths per track, now hidden shortcuts accessible via power-ups, the crazy air time...the one thing that's missing is epic crashes. Whenever you screw-up the game just fades to a white screen with the game's logo on it, next thing you're getting set back on the track. The player doesn't go careening off of their atv, it doesn't come flying apart as it tumbles Motorstorm-style, crashes are a little to sanitary, they're non-events.

zkylon

zkylewd
Aw, cmon! If they can fix that, they surely can fix the Non-Steam shortcuts disappearing as well! It's the same issue!
I imagine every bug in a client that affects millions and millions of people is always a pain to fix and test for, so they might fix that later :/

Categories are the same...

Yeah I liked it for what it was, but felt lifeless. Although from what I understand is their patching in a completely new artstyle eventually and adding alot of new content. Letting go of the clipart look :p

Ah saw that you already posted about the overhaul. Yeah the way I see it it's 'going to be fun .. eventually'. So picking it up at a low price is never bad

Got a source for that new art style? That might bring back my interest in the game..

bonesquad

If you have not, I highly recommend playing its predecessor for free. It's a small download and will only take you about thirty minutes to play through. It's quite special.

I'm downloading Thirty Flights now, I guess I'll post impressions later.

I downloaded Gravity Bone awhile ago, but never played it until I saw this post (I think I grabbed it after checking out Blendo Game's Atom Zombie Smasher, which I really liked). These "games" that are really just stories can be a mixed bag, but I enjoyed this one enough. Not sure how much I'd like a full version though.

The game did annoy me when... (Gravity Bone spoiler!)
I saw only that one lady standing there I thought, I don't want to leave any witnesses. So I tried to smash her with my hammer. Nothing happened. It should have let me. Maybe I'd still be alive...

Dmax3901

Hey guys, looking for someone from the US to buy me a premium BF3 code using the current GMG 20% off voucher. Paypal you the price etc.

BF3 isn't visible on the Australian version of GMG :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom