• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I picked up Orcs Must Die 2. I liked the premise of the first game but I couldn't get myself to play too far into it because the look sensitivity was out of my comfort range even at the lowest setting. The sensitivity range is far greater now and they included custom keyboard mapping (wowow). So, looks like I'll never get around to finishing the first game, but that's okay, this one is already seeming better in every way.

Is that a normal thing for publishers to do on Steam - to have you download an update which includes the DLC, then you just pay for the unlock key?

No it's not. And it makes me really mad. My HDD space isn't here to accommodative developer ignorance -.-

Only have 10GB free now

Wok

pid is going to be released on october 31st for 10 dollars. it is made by former grin people from the bionic commando: rearmed team. i think it looks swell. check out this giant bomb quick look of it, perhaps you too will find it looks swell. as far as i can tell it has gotten almost no attention. if you like what you see and are not a lowly junior like myself, consider making a thread about it. thank you.

So in less than 20 hours from now: Pid on Steam.

zulux21

so anyone else getting errors when trying to vote on a greenlight game?
cfec5e68b8e1438eae2558a.png
my account is worth almost 3k from those steam value calculators lol

Joe Molotov

Looks like Amazon will be having Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC for $12.49 "soon", according to Tony on CAG. Don't jump on the Prototype deals on Steam, y'all.

This is the kind of stuff that would really rustle my jimmies if my years of Steam training didn't allow me to enter a Zen trance upon hearing the announcement of games being half the price as I paid for them two days later.

Smash88

Banned
This is the kind of stuff that would really rustle my jimmies if my years of Steam training didn't allow me to enter a Zen trance upon hearing the announcement of games being half the price as I paid for them two days later.

I am literally frothing at the mouth. I just got Prototype 1, because Activision hates to put any game at $5, hell even $10 is like they are cutting their wrists. *breaks computer*

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is there a way to change the location of the steam notification? Lowe right is terrible when maps tend to be placed there.

I'm downloading all of the scary games that I own on steam and a buddy and I are going to play them on my tv (pioneer with deep scary blacks) with surround sound and the lights off in honor of halloween and my birthday tomorrow. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
EWWW

real answer is Disney's Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast™
I feel like crying :'(

On an unrelated note, I want to keep playing Costume Quest, but my PC is overheating after just 15 minutes with it. I know it's due to the CPU cooler and heat sink needing to be cleaned, as it happened in the past, but I'm too lazy to do it right now. It's annoying to watch the game turning from a fluent motion to a slideshow, complete with the cooler roaring like it's on pain, and Aida64 telling me the CPU temperature is almost 90°C.

HoosTrax

I feel like crying :'(

On an unrelated note, I want to keep playing Costume Quest, but my PC is overheating after just 15 minutes with it. I know it's due to the CPU cooler and heat sink needing to be cleaned, as it happened in the past, but I'm too lazy to do it right now. It's annoying to watch the game turning from a fluent motion to a slideshow, complete with the cooler roaring like it's on pain, and Aida64 telling me the CPU temperature is almost 90°C.
Well, Costume Quest does have a 30 fps cap...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just installed it. My current list is:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Anna
Cryostasis
Dead Space
Doom 3
F.e.a.r.
Scratches
Penumbra: overture

I don't know why I buy scary games since I will never play them alone.
Did you play Cryostasis or Anna already? I'm debating over getting the Groupees bundle, which contains both for $4, plus Post Mortem and Legendary.

It would be awesome if you could stream Amnesia!
If a mic isn't needed (I don't have one) and someone teaches me how, I'll be glad to do it.

catabarez

So I was looking through my list of Groupees games and noticed Scratches on there. I bought it on Steam yesterday :(

My point is who wants a free key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom