• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you play Cryostasis or Anna already? I'm debating over getting the Groupees bundle, which contains both for $4, plus Post Mortem and Legendary.

No, I haven't played them because I'm like a little girl when it comes to scary games. Well I did start cryostasis and liked what I played besides the somewhat clunky feel to it. But definitely buy that bundle. Is is a tremendous value for $4.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No, I haven't played them because I'm like a little girl when it comes to scary games. Well I did start cryostasis and liked what I played besides the somewhat clunky feel to it. But definitely buy that bundle. Is is a tremendous value for $4.
Thanks, I bought it. I just don't know when I'll play them, though.

Wow, these games are really big for being indie titles, this caught me by surprise. Cryostasis is 4.8 GB, and Legendary is 8 GB!

To celebrate my now Birthday: first to quote gets Cryostasis.

Thank you and happy bday!

chinchilla-birthday.jpg

Ceebs

Have a question. If I wanted to buy Orcs Must Die 2 for a friend and got the complete pack is it a single item or is the DLC broken out?

(I want the DLC and a friend wants the base game)

To be honest, I can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. But 2 FPS, that's a completely different story. I definitely need to clean the PC, it's inhuman to play like that.

Costume Quest appears to have a bug in it where the GPU usage skyrockets up to 99% on the pause menu and other areas. Perhaps that is what you are experiencing.

Sober

Republic Commando without a doubt. One of the most underappreciated FPSs ever, I would say. Brilliant game and still very unique. A must play in my opinion.
One of the few games where if you are presented with a task, you can choose to do it yourself and have your teammates cover you, or you have one of them do it and you cover them. For instance, it feels so crazy to have your view locked into staring at a console for about 15-20 seconds, but you can hear your squadmates fighting and banter from behind you and hoping you make it out all right, but also knowing they are doing their darnedest to keep you alive.

These days, you can't even open your own damn doors. What a shame.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Red Faction II

Greatest Game Ever

First time trying to run it.
*Insert CD*
CD?

After fixing that problem.
*You need at least 8MB of video ram to run this game*

Recall

Red Faction II

Greatest Game Ever

First time trying to run it.
*Insert CD*
CD?

After fixing that problem.
*You need at least 8MB of video ram to run this game*

Sigh.

I knew I shouldnt have bought it when it was on sale. I always have the games that just never run right :(

Republic Commando without a doubt. One of the most underappreciated FPSs ever, I would say. Brilliant game and still very unique. A must play in my opinion.

Just an FYI-I don't think this game holds up very well to modern shooter mechanics. I tried booting it up for a playthrough (since I loved the game years ago) and found the controls a bit goofy and the gunplay very poor compared to modern shooters. Certainly just coming off some 100 hours of Borderlands 2 doesn't help, but I put the game away after about an hour of playing-just too janky now. :(

Ledsen

Just an FYI-I don't think this game holds up very well to modern shooter mechanics. I tried booting it up for a playthrough (since I loved the game years ago) and found the controls a bit goofy and the gunplay very poor compared to modern shooters. Certainly just coming off some 100 hours of Borderlands 2 doesn't help, but I put the game away after about an hour of playing-just too janky now. :(

I played it a year ago and thought it held up perfectly well.

Big-E

For the past week, looking up at the store all I see is white screen with simple text. This has happened for the past few days for me. Restarted and stuff but still having this problem. If I load up the store in Chrome it will work fine but the Steam client version seems broken. Any fixes people know about this.

Ledsen

I rewatched the Videogaiden review again last night and had forgotten that Rab despised it, one of the first times I've completely disagreed with him on a review.

It's a bit rough gameplay wise (the stealth sections in particular are really bad), but the atmosphere is second to none. Would absolutely recommend it to fans of horror or simply atmospheric games.

Forkball

Nightmare at Northpoint (the Halloween DLC for Sleeping Dogs) is definitely worth picking up if you like the game (though there are some main story spoilers, beware). It's pretty short, I beat it in about 1.7 hours according to Steam, but it's a lot of fun with an amusing story (the ending will have you smiling). Most of the fighting is the same, except the vampires have some new moves and you have to dispose of them in a special way. A lot of the fighting is the same, but it's a different take on the combat from the main story and it's short enough that it doesn't wear out its welcome. It's a lot of fun and for $5 it's better than renting some cheesy horror flick on Halloween.

garath

I don't see anything about Defender's Quest in the thread recently. I would suggest a buy to people that enjoy tower defense and RPGs. It's a neat little mix where you recruit characters to be your "towers". They gain levels and items and you have spells and the like. It's a very cool system and a lot of fun to play. I bought it ages ago directly from their website but they're finally on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218410/

Gogo! It does have a demo if you are on the fence. Don't think the demo is on steam (didn't look) but it is on their website.

http://www.defendersquest.com/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom