• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanser

Too much nonsense. XCOM private GAF giveaway, quote to see the link to enter. Must be in the GAF Steam group. Happy Halloween n stuff.

header_292x136.jpg

Crap, someone invite me to the steam group.

Miker

Gonna be that guy and also ask for a Steam group invite. Link is steamcommunity.com/id/mikerrrrr. Thanks!

Back on topic, has anybody tried Pid yet? Is it any good?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Too much nonsense. XCOM private GAF giveaway, quote to see the link to enter. Must be in the GAF Steam group. Happy Halloween n stuff.

header_292x136.jpg

Thanks, nice to see someone is for real.

And I'm glad that I missed trying the fake codes from before. I would have felt more of a fool than I already did with my comment wishing I was home.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Any thoughts on Dark Fall: Lost Souls?

Been playing Scratches, and am in the mood for more Myst-like horror adventures. Dark Fall looks interesting, but I'm mainly curious as to how well-designed or not the puzzles are. Are they mostly logical and clever or just plain frustrating?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From Tony on CAG: The next weekly Amazon deal will be LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for $13.99. ALL of their main pages specifically list Steam Activation as a requirement. The weekly deal the weekend after the upcoming LEGO deal will be Prototype 1 + 2 + Radnet DLC for $12.49. Prototype 1 is NOT Steam Activated.

Tony has answered my prayers!

I don't remember these LEGO games ever being cheaper than this on Steam.

The Lego Indy games were Dailies at half off ($10) about six weeks ago.

Edit: Oh, I see, the Lego games are in a bundle. I'd thought $13.99 was the per-game price.

Kingbrave

enable vsync for Prototype, when i tried running it without it would mistime the countdown timer for events. it took about 40 seconds to do a 3, 2, 1 countdown to start anything.

Thanks. And the other guys thanks too. I've been wanting to play these for awhile and I said screw it and went ahead and got them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder how long I'll have to wait for Dishonored to get a big sale.

I'm hoping for half off at the end of the year, although that'll depend on whether or not it has sold in line with expectations. -33% may be more likely.

Edit: In either case, the Steam UK will be the way to go to get the game on the cheap (it has a base price of 30 pounds).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I also just need Batman 2 LEGO from the upcoming Amazon deal, just to put it here wayyy in advance, in case anyone wants to sell it to me out of their pack.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, I have a rather strange question. What language should I write the screenshots descriptions and games recommendations? 80% of my Steam friends are GAFfers: only 6 of the 50 people in my list are friends or people I know from real life.

To anyone who doesn't have English as their native tongue: what do YOU do? Post in English or your main language?

GAF, I have a rather strange question. What language should I write the screenshots descriptions and games recommendations? 80% of my Steam friends are GAFfers: only 6 of the 50 people in my list are friends or people I know from real life.

To anyone who doesn't have English as their native tongue: what do YOU do? Post in English or your main language?

If the 80% of your friends speak english, write down your recommendations in english, easy! or maybe you can write in both languages (english and spanish or whatever the language is)

Santiako

I write them in English, since all my Steam friends are gaffers.

English. I rarely use Malay when I'm posting anything on the internet.

It really wrecks with your grammar if you do so too.

HoosTrax

Random question - does that version of Steam Mover from 2010 still work? Nothing's changed with Steam that would break it?
I haven't had any issues with it.

---

Unrelated, but does it seem to anyone else like Russia and other Slavic countries are underrepresented on GAF?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the feedback. The consensus is I should use Esperanto then, right?

From now on I'll post in English, but I don't feel like translating the things I already wrote in Spanish. There aren't many of them, maybe 4 or 5 screenshots and a single recommendation, but I'm too lazy.

Derrick01

Banned
I caved and ordered Hitman with that GMG code, hard to resist at $33. It better not be as bad as it has looked since it was first shown.

dani_dc

So I just noticed that Steam now allows you to tag a picture as "potential spoiler".

Was hoping they would add this with the new community feature, hopefully people will actually use it.

Mairu

I also just need Batman 2 LEGO from the upcoming Amazon deal, just to put it here wayyy in advance, in case anyone wants to sell it to me out of their pack.

I only need the Lego HP games- bought Lego Batman 2 when it was on sale a few weeks ago. I'll try to remember to PM you when the deal goes up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom