• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much nonsense. XCOM private GAF giveaway, quote to see the link to enter. Must be in the GAF Steam group. Happy Halloween n stuff.

header_292x136.jpg

Thanks Xel.

didamangi

Are there more games like ARES: Extinction Agenda on Steam? Love me some Mega Man style games.

Gunstar Heroes or Dark Void Zero maybe?

Also, not exactly Mega Man style, but there are a few good platformers on steam like Noitu Love 2, Rayman Origins and the new Giana Sisters.

zulux21

Are there more games like ARES: Extinction Agenda on Steam? Love me some Mega Man style games.

while it's not quite megaman style noitu love 2 somewhat reminded me of ARES but not really :p

and of course there is always Cave Story which is a side scrolling shooter with aspects of platforming where you get multiple weapons that can be powered up. there is of course a free version of cave story floating around on the internet as it was the original free indie game, but the steam version adds some new features including an easy mode (you take half damage and things have less life) and hard mode (sounds stupid hard lol) and like 4 or 5 bonus modes.

I have a conundrum. I have just cause two give a few steam keys out. Not looking for any blood money, or providing any missing link. I was just eating a beef supreme... commander 2 and thought Id finally toss these out.

Sorry, I was bored! lol If your wise enough to see through my elaborate code, please only redeem one game, leave the rest for others to enjoy! So.... enjoy!

Last Remnant : )

I have a conundrum. I have just cause two give a few steam keys out. Not looking for any blood money, or providing any missing link. I was just eating a beef supreme... commander 2 and thought Id finally toss these out.

Sorry, I was bored! lol If your wise enough to see through my elaborate code, please only redeem one game, leave the rest for others to enjoy! So.... enjoy!

Thanks, took Supreme Commander 2. How very nice of you =D

Cheers! I grabbed the Deus Ex Missing Link code! Just got the game 5 minutes ago :lol

Miker

Holy crap, I'm a massive idiot. I've been asking for invites to the GAF Steam group, but I've been in it this whole time because I joined prior to it becoming private, which is why I thought I wasn't already in it. :-/

Grabbed Last Remnant, thank you very much!

Natural Selection 2 is fun, a little overwhelming at first but it's fun to play. It feels like it's missing something though and it's kind of hard to articulate what exactly.

I'm looking to restore my saves after upgrading to Windows 8. With GameSave Manager, if I select them all (even if the games aren't installed) will it create the directory/go where it should go?

Thanks.

Edit - I took a leap of faith and it looks to be all good. It's to be expected I guess, as the file name does have the path. Now to reinstall 300 odd games.

not enough helicopters to shoot down

Clearly what I meant was not enough CoD. You know me, so well.

I think it's how the aliens can't really take marines head on outside of the tank class, especially if the marines are in a group. The aliens always have to ambush, hit stragglers or use bait and switch tactics to pick away at their forces or bases. Those tactics become less viable/more difficult if the marines gain more ground. The aliens seem to have little recourse once the marines hit a certain research point, when the exo's start to hit the field every match I've played has been a steamroll for the marines at that point. The aliens definitely don't seem to be as easy to play as the marines, the two races are asymmetrical with the marines being the more straight forward of the classes to use. The aliens are definitely more interesting--I love how the skulks can climb anywhere--but they strike me as being harder to use effectively if you haven't played a lot of the NS2 beta or NS1 back in the day.

It's a cool game it just seems a little lopsided right now.

Commander also makes or breaks a team, I don't envy the people choosing to play that role but I do appreciate it when someone kicks ass at it.

Salsa

so yeah im enjoying Mutant Blobs Attack!!! between Dark Souls sessions, game is super charming and all but WOW, talk about 0 effort reworking the game when porting to PC to play properly. Its been a while since I played a game on a platform that clearly wasnt the one intended to play in.

The puzzle levels are completely useless and super easy when you dont have to tilt the Vita and can just use the controller, and in some (many, as in one at least per level) the game asks you to move a cursor with your mouse, even if you're using a gamepad. Having to basically move around with the controller's left stick while moving a cursor arround the screen with your mouse. Awful. They never bothered to change up the mechanic a bit to make it work with a different control scheme. I know someone was commenting on this recently but I think it's actually worse than what he made it out to be.

god damn lazy, and a shame too considering otherwise the game is really fun and the art style is great

so yeah im enjoying Mutant Blobs Attack!!! between Dark Souls sessions, game is super charming and all but WOW, talk about 0 effort reworking the game when porting to PC to play properly. Its been a while since I played a game on a platform that clearly wasnt the one intended to play in.

The puzzle levels are completely useless and super easy when you dont have to tilt the Vita and can just use the controller, and in some (many, as in one at least per level) the game asks you to move a cursor with your mouse, even if you're using a gamepad. Having to basically move around with the controller's left stick while moving a cursor arround the screen with your mouse. Awful. They never bothered to change up the mechanic a bit to make it work with a different control scheme. I know someone was commenting on this recently but I think it's actually worse than what he made it out to be.

god damn lazy, and a shame too considering otherwise the game is really fun and the art style is great

Yup, the tilt maze puzzles are dead easy with a controller and the telekinesis puzzles are completely awful. I would switch from controller to keyboard and mouse when I hit a telekinesis puzzle. With some it was possible to take one hand off the controller to use the mouse, with others I found the puzzle impossible without using keyboard and mouse.

It's a shame cos the lazy/awful controls in those sections detract from an otherwise great game.

Edit: Man, Natural Selection 2 is a lot of fun. Joined a team of marines, the entire roster was filled with green names, there wasn't a single green name on the alien team. When I joined the aliens had the marines hemmed into spawn, we would push out to the first two adjacent areas, only to get knocked the fuck back into spawn. Eventually we got worked by 3 Onos in spawn, it was a pretty spectacular win for the aliens, it was nice to see that.

JMPerona

I just wake up and ready for a F5 war. But this time I want to see european codes for steam! Or at least private european steam gifts! ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom