• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, source's graphics looked dated even at the time. Good lord the relativism in defending source is magical

what? It looked incredible at the time. even now:

Counter-Strike-2.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Eh, source's graphics looked dated even at the time. Good lord the relativism in defending source is magical
The thing about Source is that you can have flawless IQ and still get great performance, even on middling hardware. That's something that's difficult to do in new releases on other engines.

All this talk of CS:GO is depressing as it is, in my opinion, garbage of the mediocre-ist order.

I had a much better time in this thread when it was GIVEAWAY MANIA!!!

So, forget playing CS:GO. Blah.

Who wants a code for The Walking Dead?!?!?

GONE! Congrats eyeless. Woop!

eyeless

All this talk of CS:GO is depressing as it is, in my opinion, garbage of the mediocre-ist order.

I had a much better time in this thread when it was GIVEAWAY MANIA!!!

So, forget playing CS:GO. Blah.

Who wants a code for The Walking Dead?!?!?

First to quote, it's yours.
plz

vazel

Banned
No, sorry, I remember playing HL2 on release and everyone was blown away
I remember that too. But I think he was talking about CS:S. One of HL2's main strengths was its character animations and CS:S was woefully lacking there.
got it. god damn, twd was so high on my wishlist. thanks a lot dude, you are fucking awesome.
It was actually TWD? I saw his post before it had any replies but I thought it was another steamroll. Darn.

Game Guru

you don't even have to install it, I believe all you need to do is click install game on the product page and then cancel out on the screen within Steam that shows how much space is needed

Yeah, Steam crashed when I tried to get it and the game is on my list even when uninstalled.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Faerie Solitaire is free to keep on Steam until Nov 8th. According to a reddit post, you get a TF2 item but it doesn't mention that anywhere on the Steam page

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh shit, I didn't know they added a new mode to Spec Ops in Modern Warfare 3. Chaos mode. Have any of you bros tried it? Sucks it's so expensive...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Faerie Solitaire is solid. Fun casual game I've put almost 20 hours into and seen friends do the same.

I've been waiting forever for the Faerie Solitaire HD update. It was supposed to be free but I think I read a dev post that said they are including Faerie Solitaire HD as part of the package for Faerie Solitaire 2 instead. I would rather they just update the original.

HoosTrax

Is it weird that I feel guilty about partaking of free games like Super Crate Box and Faerie Solitaire? I mean, it's not like they're paying for bandwidth, Valve is, but still.

Blizzard

Banned
Is it weird that I feel guilty about partaking of free games like Super Crate Box and Faerie Solitaire? I mean, it's not like they're paying for bandwidth, Valve is, but still.
It's perhaps a little weird. :p I guess you could see if the devs sell any other games and buy them to make up for it or something.

Vlambeer, the developers behind Super Crate Box, have another game on Steam which is Serious Sam: The Random Encounter. If you already have that or just don't want it then sometime within the next few months they have another game coming out called Luftrauser which will probably be on Steam so you could just buy that.

feel

Some of you must have not played CSGO ever since the start of the beta or something. Game is fantastic nowadays. Competitive matchmaking (now with skill ranks) is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom