• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm guessing this is in regard to the slowdown issue? If not, I don't know how it is disgraceful in any sense. It is awesome, imo.

What slow down issue? I'm talking about the actual game. It's a perfect representative of modern video games. Extremely linear and uses only a couple buttons, dynasty warriors is a deeper game than that.

Forkball

Mount and Blade is worth it just for the multiplayer.

Mark of the Ninja is a lot of fun. I was a bit skeptical about a sidescrolling stealth game, but the levels are large and cleverly designed so it doesn't feel like you have to solve a puzzle in each room, you can do things your own way. I just beat a level without killing any guards and it was definitely more interesting than just steath killing everyone.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well for five bucks, I'm going to consider Mount and Blade ;)

Anyways, I installed a new custom interface for Steam and I'm liking it a whole lot

680512_4448962196204_365483611_o.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think the appropriate term now is "Steam dick riders."

Added to the New Steam-GAF Dictionary.

"Prison Economy" - the trading of, or value ascribed to, keys that can be activated on Steam.
"Steamrolled" - the listing of keys that are either phony or activate a different product than the one advertised.
"Steam Dick Rider" - a person who doesn't freak out when a company fixes a price mistake by increasing the cost of product by $2.00.

mannerbot

http://www.funcom.com/news/pre_production_begins_on_new_game_in_the_longest_journey_saga

Durham, USA – November 1st, 2012 – Funcom is excited to announce that 'Dreamfall Chapters', the long-awaited sequel to the award-winning adventure title 'Dreamfall: The Longest Journey', has gone into pre-production at Red Thread Games, a new studio founded by Ragnar Tørnquist, creator of 'The Longest Journey' saga.
Red Thread Games has licensed the rights to 'The Longest Journey' universe from Funcom, and Mr. Tørnquist will spearhead development of 'Dreamfall Chapters', while continuing in an advisory role as Creative Director on Funcom’s recently launched modern-day massively multiplayer online game ‘The Secret World’.
Last month Joel Bylos stepped into the position as Game Director on the myths, legends and conspiracy themed online game, allowing Mr. Tørnquist to devote more of his time to 'Dreamfall Chapters', which recently entered pre-production.
Red Thread Games will independently fund and produce the sequel to 'Dreamfall', and has entered into a revenue sharing agreement with Funcom as part of the licensing deal. Funcom owns the intellectual property rights for 'The Longest Journey', but due to the company’s focus on and commitment to the development of online games, the decision was made to license the rights to Mr. Tørnquist and his new development studio. The close working relationship between Funcom and Mr. Tørnquist will allow him to continue on as Creative Director of Funcom’s ‘The Secret World’, in parallel with putting together a team to develop 'Dreamfall Chapters'.
“I'm very excited to finally have the opportunity to continue the 'The Longest Journey' saga,” says Ragnar Tørnquist. “Ever since we ended 'Dreamfall' on a nail-biting cliffhanger, players have been rightfully demanding a sequel, and my deal with Funcom will finally make that possible. I'm extremely grateful to Funcom for this unique and exciting opportunity, and I can't wait to dive back into the universe I helped create more than a decade ago, and continue the story players have been waiting for these past six years."
Red Thread Games will release more details about 'Dreamfall Chapters' in the coming months.
‘The Secret World’ is developed by Funcom and co-published by EA Partners, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA). For more information about the game please visit www.thesecretworld.com. Media assets can be found at ftp.funcom.com/press.
'Dreamfall Chapters' will be developed by Red Thread Games, under license from Funcom. For more information about the game, please contact Red Thread Games at info@redthreadgames.com.

What slow down issue? I'm talking about the actual game. It's a perfect representative of modern video games. Extremely linear and uses only a couple buttons, dynasty warriors is a deeper game than that.

Bah. It was a fun romp. Sometimes you want to watch an Oscar winning film, sometimes you want to watch Fast Five. It's fun. Ya shoot dudes, hear about some stuff, big Orc dude, shoot him, fin.

Shhhhpaaaaaaace Mahreeeeeeeeens!

CSGO free to play weekend. Sale incoming?

Aww. I'm going to play Dota 2 all weekend though. And I really mean, all weekend.

Also, my new workplace is interesting, most of the directors are hardcore dota players. So we had a couple of discussions and we even trade stuff during work no less.

God bless production work.

PaulLFC

Is UFO any good? 75% off for the daily deal at the moment.

Edit: Bought it anyway, looks decent enough for £2.50.

Too much nonsense. XCOM private GAF giveaway, quote to see the link to enter. Must be in the GAF Steam group. Happy Halloween n stuff.

header_292x136.jpg

Very generous, thanks!

Blizzard

Banned
Added to the New Steam-GAF Dictionary.

"Prison Economy" - the trading of, or value ascribed to, keys that can be activated on Steam.
"Steamrolled" - the listing of keys that are either phony or activate a different product than the one advertised.
"Steam Dick Rider" - a person who doesn't freak out when a company fixes a price mistake by increasing the cost of product by $2.00.
I'm afraid I have to veto the dick rider one, as its neither catchy nor general enough. Steamrolling is a great innovation, however.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
can someone tell how this works? Is it a draw? Cause I didn't get anything :( What is steam gifts anyway?

It's a drawing/raffle. You just sign up and spend points you earn passively to enter for games you don't have. In this specific drawing you're currently up against 150ish GAFfers because it's private, not public. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom