• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Just bought Orcs Must Die 2 complete earlier today, now it's updating and I'm like huh? I just bought the complete thing..

New DLC came out TODAY.. AFTER the sale ended. Wow what a fucking ripoff

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just bought Orcs Must Die 2 complete earlier today, now it's updating and I'm like huh? I just bought the complete thing..

New DLC came out TODAY.. AFTER the sale ended. Wow what a fucking ripoff

Yeah that's pretty shady of them. As a little consolation, the complete pack would be $12.50 at 50% off now vs $10 before.

Yeah that's pretty shady of them. As a little consolation, the complete pack would be $12.50 at 50% off now vs $10 before.

I hate incomplete "Complete" packs. They are the worst right after the 2nd "Best of" album of same group.
Release the complete pack when it's complete, not when you are working on a DLC. Or just use Compilation, Chronicles or some other name, we'll buy it anyway.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I hate incomplete "Complete" packs. They are the worst right after the 2nd "Best of" album of same group.
Release the complete pack when it's complete, not when you are working on a DLC. Or just use Compilation, Chronicles or some other name, we'll buy it anyway.
This is why season passes are a better solution. They give you their DLC release schedule, what months the "season" lasts, and you get everything that is out so far and yet to come out in that time span. After that period of time, the pack is available to buy and if they have more coming after that, it is a second season. Season passes also tend to go on sale evenly with "ultimate" releases, so people who bought the base game don't get a worse deal for being early adopters.

It's mostly indie devs who keep tacking on new stuff after a "complete" edition. I'd say Magicka, Dungeon Defenders, and Killing Floor are the worst offenders.

xelios

This is why season passes are a better solution. They give you their DLC release schedule, what months the "season" lasts, and you get everything that is out so far and yet to come out in that time span. After that period of time, the pack is available to buy and if they have more coming after that, it is a second season. Season passes also tend to go on sale evenly with "ultimate" releases, so people who bought the base game don't get a worse deal for being early adopters.

Then we get stuff like Darksiders 2 crapping out a season pass + tons of DLC you don't get from it at the same time. Disappointment all around.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Then we get stuff like Darksiders 2 crapping out a season pass + tons of DLC you don't get from it at the same time. Disappointment all around.
I didn't hear of this. That's a real shame that the same publisher who has been innovating the DLC situation in positive ways is fucking it up again. They really need to curb their DLC addiction in general.

THQ botched another Season Pass and this time for Darksiders II. The DLC for the game is disappointing and they even had issues launching them on time for SP holders. I'd be pissed if I spent $20 on that, but good thing I only bought it for $4 from GMG during a sale.

Also, the Mount and Blade Collection is $5.62 on GMG after the 25% off voucher from their main page.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm afraid I have to veto the dick rider one, as its neither catchy nor general enough. Steamrolling is a great innovation, however.

And in this microcosm of linguistics, we gain insight into how Portuguese changed once brought to Brazil.

So, Dungeon Defenders is pretty addicting...

I bought the complete pack yesterday. Anyone here still play it?

I don't have any of the DLC, but I'd be down to play some.

Does it still push out 1GB patches every week? I had to uninstall my copy because it was chewing through my bandwidth cap.

Eternia

I don't have any of the DLC, but I'd be down to play some.

Does it still push out 1GB patches every week? I had to uninstall my copy because it was chewing through my bandwidth cap.
It has been toned down in general. Although if a new content patch gets pushed out expect additional patches to fix things that are broken shortly after. :p

Miker

I played Dungeon Defenders for a while, but I realized some time in that my eyes were glazing over, and I just didn't really get that much out of the game, despite having played it for some time. The movement/combat just has such minimal feedback, and the interface and character models just weren't for me.

Joe Molotov

Holy shit, Winter Voices is back with Episode 5. I thought that series was deader than the dead, the dev closed up, all the games were pulled off Steam and everything. Now it's back, in all it's jankadelic glory(?)! Will you be able to survive it?

xelios

Holy shit, Winter Voices is back with Episode 5. I thought that series was deader than the dead, the dev closed up, all the games were pulled off Steam and everything. Now it's back, in all it's jankadelic glory(?)! Will you be able to survive it?

$5 each? Yikes, will wait for a sale. But then again, the risk of them being pulled again!
'

Edit: RPG? Tempted, thought it was another lame point n click.

Joe Molotov

$5 each? Yikes, will wait for a sale. But then again, the risk of them being pulled again!
'

Edit: RPG? Tempted, thought it was another lame point n click.

There is some adventuring and some RPGing. And jank. Oh is there jank.

Although to be fair, I looked on SPUF and the dev said he was working on a huge HUGE MEGAHUGE patch for the relaunch. But yeah well...we'll see.

Ocho

source is way better even in graphics. maybe you like easy games....

Graphics is the least that matters in a CS game (although I disagree with this comment and the previous comments). Feels much closer to 1.6 for me, and I think that's what matters, easier or no.

Graphics is the least that matters in a CS game (although I disagree with this comment and the previous comments). Feels much closer to 1.6 for me, and I think that's what matters, easier or no.

Not like 1.6 at all,otherwise i would have loved it since 1.6 is my favorite as well. It's the easiest one and aimed for COD players. The aiming and recoil is very low.

xelios

There is some adventuring and some RPGing. And jank. Oh is there jank.

Although to be fair, I looked on SPUF and the dev said he was working on a huge HUGE MEGAHUGE patch for the relaunch. But yeah well...we'll see.

Episode 3 N/A for purchase, what's up with that? Am I missing something?

graywolf323

GAF group giveaway

6290.jpg

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/SVCmW/the-political-machine-2012

I played Dungeon Defenders for a while, but I realized some time in that my eyes were glazing over, and I just didn't really get that much out of the game, despite having played it for some time. The movement/combat just has such minimal feedback, and the interface and character models just weren't for me.

I enjoyed the game quite a bit, especially in co-op. Then I reached level 70 and the grind to get to the (then) level cap of 74 was way too much. Stopped being fun there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom