• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

so ehm, is GMG declared 'safe' at some point? I thought those key-only type dealers where frowned upon here (and by Valve)?

They receive keys directly from publishers, so yes. They also aren't key only, they distribute on their own platform and do physical in some regions.

Taffer

Is the newest version of Garry's Mod out of beta? I already forgot which version I played last and was waiting for the new version to re-install it, is Gmod13 the one which was in beta earlier this year?

Salsa

so yeah having random people being able to comment on your screenshots is kinda weird

5QOWE.png

fuckin game hub

Salsa

have a question, will Sine Mora on GreenManGaming have Steam codes? Its really very tempting for $10.

yes

btw game is like 0 Suda right? cause I like grasshopper and all but it looks like a pretty straight shmup without much zaniness

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
yes

btw game is like 0 Suda right? cause I like grasshopper and all but it looks like a pretty straight shmup without much zaniness

The story involves anthropomorphic animals, one of whom is a rape survivor and another who is an amputee.

There's a lot of zaniness from what I have been told, it's just a little darker shade of zany.

Salsa

The story involves anthropomorphic animals, one of whom is a rape survivor and another who is an amputee.

There's a lot of zaniness from what I have been told, it's just a little darker shade of zany.

heard something about that now that I think about it

price is tempting but I might wait till the next sales

vall03

oh! thanks will purchase it when I get access later.

anyway, from what Ive heard Suda nor Grasshopper have nothing to do with the game aside from music and art.

Bought. And yeah, it's on Newegg. It does activate on Steam though, right?

Also, are there any known issues with the game? Last I checked there were some optimization issues.

Ledsen

Bought. And yeah, it's on Newegg. It does activate on Steam though, right?

Also, are there any known issues with the game? Last I checked there were some optimization issues.

Works perfectly fine now, they've patched it a lot I think. Game looks AMAZING. Some of the best character models and animations I've ever seen. It also has very satisfying gunplay. The only bad thing about it is the linear level design, but that's all shooters so eh

Relax.MX

*puts shintoki on list of people with wrong opinions*

Me too...

For me RAGE is a soulless attempot of a decent game, only the last 15% of the game is woth it, the other 85% is a soft tutorial and a lot of promising(and good) features that never managed to realize. The AI is predictable and monotonous, and for the last but very important the PC version its lazy

But for 5 usd? sure....

I wish there was a demo for Natural Selection 2. It looks really cool, but I know almost nothing about it or how it plays.

It's a fun game but it's got a steep learning curve. Basically NS2 is a mash-up of Counter-Strike and Starcraft. Both factions have commanders who play the game in a top-down rts view while every other player experiences the game as an fps. The commanders direct the flow of battle, they place waypoints, build defensive, support or resource extracting structures as well as research new tech and abilities for the soldiers. In order for commanders to do their jobs effectively or for soldiers to afford to buy upgrades they need resource points. Both factions vie for resource control points on the map. By capturing and holding these points your team and individual players gain resource points. Specific areas on a given map are required to build specific techs and abilities for each faction.

The end goal of a match is to wipe out all of the command centers/hives of the opposing team. The more key areas you hold, the more resources the team and individual players have, the greater the tech/trait advantage, the more likely your team is to win.

The two factions are asymmetrical, the marines have standard fps mechanics but the aliens do not. While the aliens do have some ranged attacks, their primary attacks are melee ranged (bite and claw attacks). Marines can engage the aliens directly with their guns, the aliens (starting form) have to engage the marines somewhat indirectly. You die quickly if a marine can see you coming or you engage a group of marines by yourself. Marines need to stay together in groups, if you go alone you can die easily. Aliens have to climb the walls or use the vents to leap out and surprise attack.

Marines use personal resource points to buy better gear (that the commander has researched) while aliens use personal resource points to evolve to four different lifeforms beyond the initial starting form of the Skulk.

The Skulk is highly mobile, can climb up and around anything. The support class, this hippo thing, can create roadblocks and defensive turret things as well as heal the other classes. It has a decent range attack but you're better off supporting other classes rather than engaging directly. There's a flying class which has a decent range attack (huge energy pool compared to skulks and the hippo) and can cover an area with a toxic cloud (deadly in tight places). There's a stealth attack class which can briefly teleport around a short distance and it has powerful melee attacks. Then there's the Onos, the alien tank class, this crazy alien rhino thing. The alien commander can research traits which improve the abilities of all the forms. You can gain access to cloaking, silent moving, leap attacks, stronger carapace, regenerative health, faster movement speed or a larger energy pool for their abilities. You can only have three traits equipped provided your team holds the necessary map area for them.

Marines can purchase weapons and items like shotguns, welders, jetpacks, flamethrowers, landmines and eventually exo suits (armor suits with gattling gun arms). The commander can also research things like better armor and stronger weapons. The marines are much more involved with the construction than the aliens, the marine commander needs to request things for construction, the marines have to do the building. Beyond the hippo support class the aliens aren't really involved with construction. You just have to ensure that marines don't destroy the creep tumors that allow your commander to build in an area.

There's a tutorial section filled with videos but you really only need to watch one 7 minute video which gives you the basics so you can just hop in and play the fps part.

ArjanN

Also, Akira Yamaoka soundtrack.

on a related note:

Grasshopper Manufacture is developing two games with Digital Reality, Sine Mora and Black Knight Sword. Sine Mora is available now, but we haven’t seen Black Knight Sword since 2011′s Tokyo Game Show. Out of the blue, Black Knight Sword will appear at World Game Project Fes Vol. 3 and it will be playable.

What is a World Game Project Fes? To get Japanese gamers more interested in Western games, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan hosts events where games developed in the West are shown. Since Digital Reality is based in Hungry Black Knight Sword qualifies. DmC is being developed at Ninja Theory so it’s on the list too. World Game Project Fes Vol. 3 will be held at BelleSalle in Akihabara on November 23. Here’s what you can play.

i didn't realize they were also doing Black Knight Sword with Digital Reality, I guess there's a pretty good chance that's also coming to PC then.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
How much time after Assassin's Creed Revelations' release Brotherhood dropped to 19.99?
Because I'm still waiting to play Revelations, but I don't want to pay more that 5$ for it, so I'm hoping for a price cut to 19.99$ and then a 75% on Christmas. :lol

cicero

How much time after Assassin's Creed Revelations' release Brotherhood dropped to 19.99?
Because I'm still waiting to play Revelations, but I don't want to pay more that 5$ for it, so I'm hoping for a price cut to 19.99$ and then a 75% on Christmas. :lol

It is very unrealistic to expect it to hit $5 at this point. You will probably be waiting for at least another year.
http://www.steamprices.com/us/app/201870/assassins-creed-revelations

For reference, check the history of Brotherhood.
http://www.steamprices.com/us/app/48190/assassins-creed-brotherhood

zkylon

zkylewd
Where's Rage for 5 bucks? Actually, don't tell me, I don't wanna know.
tell me

Also, is the X-COM pre-order DLC worth it? I like customizing dudes...

Where's Rage for 5 bucks? Actually, don't tell me, I don't wanna know.
tell me

Also, is the X-COM pre-order DLC worth it? I like customizing dudes...

It should have been included in the game, if that's what you're asking. Sadly most people probably won't be able to tell you how the game is without it.

The Xcom stuff is just superfluous geegaws and doodads, probably too expensive for what it is. If you gotta buy it, I'd wait for a sale, get it for like a buck.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cool, Newegg is retail only, and shipment to my country will cost me more than it costs in Steam. CREDIT CARD SAVED

It should have been included in the game, if that's what you're asking. Sadly most people probably won't be able to tell you how the game is without it.
The Xcom stuff is just superfluous geegaws and doodads, probably too expensive for what it is. If you gotta buy it, I'd wait for a sale, gte it for like a buck.
ty. Will try without and just impulse buy it later lol.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished Costume Quest and the (free) DLC. Nice game, though a little repetitive. And it's the first game where I got all the achievements
(one of them with a guide and the other by changing my system clock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom