• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanKZ

Thank you so much! My friends and me will have a lot of fun with it in during the coming weekends with lots of beer and pizza!

When I get paid in the middle of november, I'll get you something in return!

Lol, don't worry about it. I don't want anything in return! Just have fun with it. :D

Sigh, sometimes I wish reading the forums for a game would be mandatory before being able to push the buy button :)

Tower Wars looked so great and was described as having both SP and MP content. SP however is pretty much nonexistant (not even skirmish) and MP is allegedly broken and empty. Issues that I read on the forums after playing it for a while and being confused.

At least it was cheap -_-

Ugh, I was looking forward to it as well. Thanks for letting us know.

Derrick01

Banned
I figure I'd ask this here since the GMG thread is kinda dead but is it relatively easy to cancel pre orders from them? I assume you have to contact support but will they refund the credit card or just give store credit? The recent Hitman revelations are making me bailout.gif

MNC

I figure I'd ask this here since the GMG thread is kinda dead but is it relatively easy to cancel pre orders from them? I assume you have to contact support but will they refund the credit card or just give store credit? The recent Hitman revelations are making me bailout.gif

What are the negative points it's been getting?

Derrick01

Banned
What are the negative points it's been getting?

Guesong has the game somehow, I'm guessing he works or knows someone who works with IO.

Starting on this page http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498149&page=2

This is not the case. Both of these levels fall in the minority of said sandbox-style levels.

Not to say other levels are totally linear ; but oftentimes you don't even get a target to kill in other levels. When you do, might have, what, 2-3 ways to kill him? Not what I'd call sandbox.

There's 6 levels on the top of my head that fit into your sandbox category.

King of Chinatown
Streets of Hope
R&D
Blackwater Penthouse
Fight Night
Chinese New Year <-- less so than other ones

Gameplay : Game can be finished in a little less than 2 hours - but of course, that's by gunning down everyone and rushing through, which isn't really what Hitman is about. As I said, I can think of roughly 6 levels fitting what you guys are looking for when you mention sandbox design (give or take -+2). There's alot of levels where you don't have a target and must simply get from point A to point B. There is variation in how you can do that, but generally that is 3-4 differents ways, whereas the sandbox designed levels offer you with up to 12 differents way to tackle your objective.

Oh, and for all of you guys saying "Psh, instinct is for wussies, I will not use it and play on Purist!"...well, get that out of your mind. You'll be forced to use it, albeit not for NPC-detection purposes.

That's enough to petrify a hardcore Hitman fan like me. He could be making it up but I know in my brain that he's right, after all I've been reading previews that largely repeat what he is saying now for months. Hitman has been Convictioned.

Echoplx

Man, The Walking Dead is one of the best adventure games I've ever played, makes the TV show look like it was written by children in comparison. Can't wait for the next episode.

Berto

Man, The Walking Dead is one of the best adventure games I've ever played, makes the TV show look like it was written by children in comparison. Can't wait for the next episode.
I'm also playing it now, i'm on the 2nd episode. It could have a bit more gameplay but i'm loving it! Some moments are really emotional and brutal, i wasn't expecting that from a Telltale game.

Guesong has the game somehow, I'm guessing he works or knows someone who works with IO.

Starting on this page http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498149&page=2

That's enough to petrify a hardcore Hitman fan like me. He could be making it up but I know in my brain that he's right, after all I've been reading previews that largely repeat what he is saying now for months. Hitman has been Convictioned.

When I think that you've almost made me buy it. Summer Sale material, at best.

catabarez

So I decided to see what people were saying on the Steam forum for 007 Legends, a game I was sort of interested in since I loved Goldeneye. This is what I found:

• No controller support in any form.
  • Resolution locked to 720p and upscaled to whatever resolution the user chooses.
  • No graphical settings.
  • Mouse feels like ass.
  • No way to fix FOV which is ridiculously low.
Thank you based Internet.

But dammit, I wanted a good port.

:/ guess I won't be getting this.

You will have to use their zendesk ticket system:

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

I used paypal and it was refunded to my account, not as store credit. Once you have received your key you cannot get a refund, nor can you get a refund within 48 hours of its release. Depending on where you are you will have either 7 days or 14 days after your order to get a refund, no questions asked:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/about/refund-policy/

I knew something was fishy about Hitman: Absolution when I played it yesterday. I'll probably be pass on it initially, but get it when it's super cheap just to try it out on PC.

_machine

I just noticed all my non-steam games had disappeared. Any reasons for that and is there something I can do to stop it from happening again?

I just noticed all my non-steam games had disappeared. Any reasons for that and is there something I can do to stop it from happening again?

Once you've re-added your links keep a back up of the file 'shortcut.vdf' found in Steam > userdata > [YourNum] > config

Should it happen again just copy your backup version over the empty version Steam created to replace that which was corrupted [the likely reason you lost your non-Steam game links]. Your non-Steam games will magically re-appear.

Derrick01

Banned
You will have to use their zendesk ticket system:

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

I used paypal and it was refunded to my account, not as store credit. Once you have received your key you cannot get a refund, nor can you get a refund within 48 hours of its release. Depending on where you are you will have either 7 days or 14 days after your order to get a refund, no questions asked:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/about/refund-policy/

Thanks I sent them a request. I only preordered it a few days ago so I should be able to get it back.

Joe Molotov

Today's DD looks awkward.

I added a recommendation for the curious.

UIa5R.jpg

Grief.exe

I got hitman blood money off amazon for like $1.30 when they were doing that bulk deal.

I'll go back and play that one for a good hitman. Absolution doesn't look all that good.

So I decided to see what people were saying on the Steam forum for 007 Legends, a game I was sort of interested in since I loved Goldeneye. This is what I found:

• No controller support in any form.
  • Resolution locked to 720p and upscaled to whatever resolution the user chooses.
  • No graphical settings.
  • Mouse feels like ass.
  • No way to fix FOV which is ridiculously low.
Thank you based Internet.

But dammit, I wanted a good port.

It's a lazier port than Darksiders II, which, in some strange way, is actually kind of an accomplishment.

Skyrim Heartfire DLC: yay or nay?

There's DLC on the Steam workshop that adds houses. Just sayin'.

masterkajo

So I just started The Walking Dead (to see what all the hype is about) but I do have to say the mouse feels pretty weird. Is there a fix? Or should I try to use a controller to play it? Whats the right way to play, GAF?

So I just started The Walking Dead (to see what all the hype is about) but I do have to say the mouse feels pretty weird. Is there a fix? Or should I try to use a controller to play it? Whats the right way to play, GAF?

Yeah just use a controller.

There is no inverted setting though because they're jerks.

Santiako

Controller feels better, for both cursor movement and button mashing moments.

Fantomex

So guys, still new to this PC business. If I buy a used Witcher 2 from Craigslist, will it work? Or will it say something like this game has already been registered?

Derrick01

Banned
In my experience, GMG support is rather slow. It took six days for my refund request to be acted on, and another few days for the money to return to my (bank) account, so all up the process took about 1.5 weeks.

They've already gotten back to me and said they've granted the refund. Now I need to check with the bank I guess.

Nabs

So guys, still new to this PC business. If I buy a used Witcher 2 from Craigslist, will it work? Or will it say something like this game has already been registered?

It's probably some shady shit where he gives you a used Steam/retail key that works on GOG. I would just wait until the game goes on sale again, it shouldn't be long.

Echoplx

Witcher 2 is not Steamworks, I'm fairly sure it's DRM free with the latest patches.

Quote which game you want:

Desura:
Omegalodon

Steam:
Majesty 2 - taken
East India Company - taken
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - taken
Knights of Honor - taken
Hearts Of Iron II - taken
Elven Legacy - taken
The Kings' Crusade - taken

Quote which game you want: