• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quote for an RIP Trilogy key. Edit: Gone.

How much was AC:B during the franchise sale the other day? Does it have DRM?

$5 for the standard edition and $7.50 for the DDE. Brotherhood requires the Uplay client and internet connectivity for activation, but that's it -- no online permanence.

Edit: Ubi still hasn't removed the Aussie Tax from the DDE despite removing it from the standard edition:
whatareyoudoingabo6o.jpg

Grief.exe

Quote for an RIP Trilogy key.

$5 for the standard edition and $7.50 for the DDE. Brotherhood requires the Uplay client and internet connectivity for activation, but that's it -- no online permanence.

Thanks guys. I was reading over at giant bomb and people were saying that ac2 and acb were the best of the series.
I have ac2 on steam already and might pick up acb.

Separate question, what is that site where you type in your steam profile and it shows what percentage of games you have played?

dani_dc

Thanks guys. I was reading over at giant bomb and people were saying that ac2 and acb were the best of the series.
I have ac2 on steam already and might pick up acb.

If you enjoyed AC2 I'd recommend picking ACB, I did so in the last sale and I'm prefering it to AC2.

Shame that the multiplayer is dead, haven't even be able to start a game so far.
I wish this "yearly franchises" kept the multiplayer the same between 2~3 games as too create healthy communities.

JaseC

Shame that the multiplayer is dead, haven't even be able to start a game so far.
I wish this "yearly franchises" kept the multiplayer the same between 2~3 games as too create healthy communities.

Ubi insisting on incorporating an MP achievement/milestone into the Uplay rewards system has always struck me as asinine for this very reason.

My sale evasion strategy (pretend I forgot about a sale and act all surprised when it expires) isn't working. I'm staring at the Amazon LEGO page, cursor firmly placed on "Buy and download and take all of what's left of my self-restraint while you're at it".

Ledsen

New resolution:

I cannot buy a new game unless I'm going to play it immediately.

This resolution is valid at least until the Steam Christmas Sale of 2013.

Quote me on this.

JaseC

New resolution:

Quote me on this.

What about the Autumn/Fall Sale in about 2.5 weeks time? Can your resolve survive such torture?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh now you think you're better than us? We can't let him get away with this! Everybody buy Lesden games!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
New resolution:

Quote me on this.
I thought the same, then I preordered Hitman Absolution at half price and don't know when I'll play it. I'm currently doing a fast, trigger-happy run of Hitman 2 (also my first playthrough of the game), and plan on replaying Blood Money in preparation for Absolution.

vall03

New resolution:

Quote me on this.

yup, same here. What I have been doing for a couple of months. My first experience with Steam ended up with me buying games because its 'cheap'. And I ended up not liking most of these and I somewhat regret those purchases. For Christmas Sale, Im only hoping for sales on the Top 5 games on my wishlist, anything else would be ignored.

ArjanN

New resolution:

Quote me on this.

I find a better resolution is to at least beat a game from your backlog before you buy something new.

Nabs

New resolution:

Quote me on this.

Yeah, this is what I do most of the time. I'll break during the next Steam sale, but that's cool.

Forkball

Buying games outside of steam sales : only a PC virgin would do that.

My backlog is already full anyway.

I think I can count the number of Steam games I own that I bought at full price on one hand. However, I will drop $40 for Mario without question. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I think I can count the number of Steam games I own that I bought at full price on one hand. However, I will drop $40 for Mario without question. I don't know what's wrong with me.

You're applying reason to your gaming purchases.

Console games tend to cost more, go down in price at a much slower rate and tend to go out of print or have low print numbers to begin with depending on the publisher. I'm looking at you, Atlus and Nintendo.

Got a couple of games if anyone is interested:

- Magicka
- Company of Heroes (Base Game).
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
- Super Meat Boy.
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome.
- Dota 2 Beta Invite (x2).
- Borderlands 2 Season Pass (Bear in mind, it says it needs the RU edition, don't think anyone has any use for it, but wth).

There is also a Copy of The Orange Box, but I've been holding on it for someone new to PC gaming/Steam to give to. But if someone is yet to play HL2/Portal, you can have it.

Quote which one you want or PM with your Steam ID. If you are feeling generous, draw a picture of the one you want too :p

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.
- Borderlands 2 Season Pass (Bear in mind, it says it needs the RU edition, don't think anyone has any use for it, but wth).

There is also a Copy of The Orange Box, but I've been holding on it for someone new to PC gaming/Steam to give to. But if someone is yet to play HL2/Portal, you can have it.

Quote which one you want or PM with your Steam ID. If you are feeling generous, draw a picture of the one you want too :p

Company of heroes please?

Edit: I'm at work, can't draw anything here ;__;
Also, steamid: acidourico

Thanks in advance!

LQX

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.

Killing Floor please.

def sim

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.

I'd love to try out Amnesia if that's still available.

Steam ID: thefaultconsensus

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.

Magika, please?? Thanks! (id : MMBosstones86)

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome. Steam ID: snoopeasystreet

I have 2 dota 2 invites for anyone who wants them.

Isaccard

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.

Orange box?
Never played any of the games

Edit: Steam ID: Isaccard

xJavonta

Banned

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.

Audio surf please?

Edit: I'd draw a picture but I'm not at home, posting from my iPad

derExperte

I'll try my luck with the russian season pass 'cause I bought B2 via russian vpn.

Croc

Banned

- Magicka
- The Orange Box.
- Killing Floor.
- AudioSurf.
- Rush.
- Toki Tori.
- Super Meat Boy.

Super Meat Boy please? Croc is my steam ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom